|“||I'm stronger than any of the Seven Deadly Sins.||„|
|~ Gilthunder's courage mantra|
Gilthunder is a Diamond-Ranked Holy Knight and the son of the former Great Holy Knight, Zaratras. Although initially an antagonist, his true intentions show through after Princess Margaret is saved, allowing him to turn on Hendrickson and fight as an ally of the Sins once more.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-B | 7-B
Origin: Nanatsu no Taizai
Classification: Human, Holy Knight
Attack Potency: City level (Defeated base Hendrickson after cutting his arm off with a sneak attack. Evenly fought Sealed Base Meliodas who was using his weapon, with Meliodas confirming both were fighting to kill. Just the runoff current from his Purge of the Thunder Emperor was injuring Guila and Jericho) | City level (Stronger than before)
Lifting Strength: Class G | Class G
Striking Strength: City Class | City Class
Range: Standard melee range, kilometers with magic
Standard Equipment: Sword
Intelligence: Gilthunder is an incredibly skilled fighter and one of the most accomplished Holy Knights of Liones. He possesses incredible aim and spatial awareness, able to throw a spear almost directly at Meliodas from 7.3 miles away.
Weaknesses: None notable
Thunderbolt: Gilthunder's innate magic power which allows him to generate and control lightning for various purposes, both from his body and from the clouds above. Gilthunder can create thunderstorms, call down lightning and shape it into bindings for his opponents, imbue his weapon with lightning to enhance its strikes, and envelop himself in a cloak of lightning both as a defense and to boost his speed.
- Heavy Armor of the Thunder Emperor: Gilthunder uses the excess lightning channeled into his sword to form an armor and shield made of lightning. The armor serves both offensive and defensive purposes, protecting him as well as dealing damage to those who attack him physically.
- Embrace of the Thunder God: Githunder uses the lightning around himself to create a cloak of lightning around his enemy, dealing continuous electric damage around their entire body.
- Iron Hammer of the Thunder Emperor: Using his sword or fingers, Gilthunder summons a massive lightning bolt down on his opponent.
- Purge of the Thunder Emperor: Gilthunder performs a sequence of slashes with his sword before calling down an enormous burst of lightning on his target.
- Pursuit of the Lightning Beast: Gilthunder summons three lightning bolts from the clouds above and shapes them into lightning beasts as they come down. The three bolts strike successively rather than at the same time, making it difficult to counter them all at once.
- Sword of the Thunder Emperor: Gilthunder concentrates a large amount of lightning in his sword. The technique itself was never shown.
- Thunderclap Strike: Gilthunder cloaks himself and his sword in lightning and lunges at his opponent with extreme speed, hitting them with a powerful strike and releasing a large burst of lightning.
Key: Before training | After training with the Druids