|“||I'm stronger than any of the Seven Deadly Sins.||„|
|~ Gilthunder's courage mantra|
Gilthunder (ギルサンダー) is a Diamond-Ranked Holy Knight and the son of the former Great Holy Knight, Zaratras. Although initially an antagonist, his true intentions show through after Princess Margaret is saved, allowing him to turn on Hendrickson and fight as an ally of the Sins once more.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-B
Origin: Nanatsu no Taizai
Classification: Human, Holy Knight
Attack Potency: Small City level via power-scaling (One of the strongest Holy Knights, stomped base Hendrickson and kept up with Meliodas, has a power level of 2230, about two-thirds of Meliodas' during the invasion of Liones)
Lifting Strength: Class G+
Striking Strength: Small City Class
Durability: Likely Small City level via power-scaling
Stamina: Superhuman, lasted an extended fight with Meliodas before stomping Hendrickson in combat.
Range: Extended melee range normally, several dozen meters with lightning magic
Standard Equipment: His sword
Intelligence: Gilthunder is one of the most skilled and powerful Holy Knights in all of Liones, easily matching Meliodas blow for blow in their battles and quickly and utterly defeating Hendrickson in combat after Margaret was saved. His skills also extend to his use of magic, overwhelming foes with relentless lightning attacks that often hunt their foes or cover a wide area, never holding back unless he deems it necessary. He has also shown to have incredible aim, throwing a spear in such a way that it would detonate dead center in a town despite being several kilometers away and would have succeeded had Meliodas failed to stop him first. He also uses few wasted movements, dodging Meliodas's return fire simply by tilting his head to the side while the entire tower he was in collapsed.
Weaknesses: None notable
Thunderbolt: Gilthunder can shape and manipulate lightning for various purposes. Most commonly, he uses his ability through his sword and his body, greatly amplifying the speed and power of his strikes and striking foes with lightning simultaneously to deal even more damage and paralyzing foes. He also has a degree of control over the weather, calling forth thunderstorms at will.
- Raitei no Shukusei「雷帝らいていの粛清しゅくせい Raitei no Shukusei; literally meaning "Purge of the Thunder Emperor"」: Gilthunder slashes his sword through the air in a specific sequence before pressing his hand to the blade. The target is then engulfed by a huge burst of lightning.
- Raiju no Tsuiso「雷獣らいじゅうの追走ついそう Raijū no Tsuisō; literally meaning "Pursuit of the Lightning Beast"」: Three lightning bolts in the form of rabid beasts are summoned from the sky to strike down an opponent. The attack is delayed, allowing each lightning bolt to strike in succession from multiple directions.
- Raitei no Tettsui「雷帝らいていの鉄槌てっつい Raitei no Tettsui; literally meaning "Iron Hammer of the Thunder Emperor"」: By thrusting his sword or pointing his fingers toward his opponent, Gilthunder can evoke a colossal lightning bolt to strike the ground with tremendous force.
- Raimeizan「雷鳴斬らいめいざん Raimeizan; literally meaning "Thunderclap Strike"」: While engulfed in lightning, Gilthunder lunges at his opponent with extreme speed and delivers a devastating strike with his sword.
- Raitei no Jugai「雷帝らいていの重鎧じゅうがい Raitei no Jūgai; literally meaning "Heavy Armor of the Thunder Emperor"」: As Gilthunder channels lightning into his weapon, he uses the surplus power coming off of it to cover his entire body in lightning while also creating a lightning shield with his free hand. The lightning surrounding his body acts like offensive armour, effectively eliminating Gilthunder's blind spots.
- Raijin no Hoyo「雷神らいじんの抱擁ほうよう Raijin no Hōyō; literally meaning "Embrace of the Thunder God": Gilthunder discharges the electricity surrounding his body, engulfing his attacker in a ferocious burst of lightning.