Gigan (ガイガン Gaigan) is an alien cyborg kaiju created by Toho that first appeared in the 1972 Godzilla film, Godzilla vs. Gigan.
In the Showa series, Gigan is a type of space dinosaur that was transformed into a cyborg by the M Space Hunter Nebula Aliens in order to be used in their attempted invasion of Earth. He is often considered to be Godzilla's most brutal foe during the Showa era and was the first kaiju to make the Monster King visibly bleed.
In Godzilla: Final Wars, Gigan is an ancient cybernetic monster that was sent to Earth by the Xiliens thousands of years ago, where he was defeated by Mothra and subsequently mummified. In the year 20XX, Gigan's mummified corpse was discovered by the Earth Defense Force, and the monster was later reactivated by X during the Xiliens' invasion, during which time he encountered and fought Godzilla but was quickly defeated. After receiving additional enhancements, he was sent out again to assist Monster X in the final confrontation against Godzilla, however Mothra arrived to Godzilla's aid. Gigan fought Mothra once more, however the two were killed in Mothra's suicide attack.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 6-C | Unknown, possibly High 6-C to Low 6-B
Age: Unknown (Showa), At least thousands of years old (Final Wars)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Diamond Manipulation, Cyborg Physiology, Hooked Appendages, Grappling Hooks, Buzzsaw, Chainsaws, Razor Discs, Energy Manipulation with Eye Laser and Heat Ray, Teleportation, Infrared Vision
Attack Potency: At least Island level+ (Fought and overpowered Godzilla for a while and was the first monster to cause Godzilla to bleed profusely, completely overpowered Anguirus. Showa Gigan is Showa King Ghidorah's sidekick and has shown to be comparable to him) | Unknown, possibly Large Island level to Small Country level (Fought on par with Godzilla and Mothra, is the sidekick of Monster X and is likely somewhat comparable)
Speed: At least Superhuman+, likely Subsonic movement speed (Outpaced Anguirus and Godzilla) Subsonic, probably Supersonic reactions (Reacted to Fighter Jets casually) Supersonic+ flight in atmosphere (Mach 3), At least Massively Hypersonic (Mach 400), likely Massively FTL+ flight speed in Diamond Form (Traveled from the Space Hunter M Nebula to Earth within minutes) | Unknown, likely at least some degree of Supersonic in flight and likely Subsonic on foot by sheer virtue of size
Lifting Strength: At least Class M (Kicked the 20,000 metric ton Showa Godzilla dozens of meters with one kick and overpowered him for a while, superior to the 30,000 metric ton Anguirus, comparable to King Ghidorah)
Striking Strength: Mountain Class to Island Class (Physical strikes made Godzilla and Anguirus bleed profusely. Overpowered Jet Jaguar; likely comparable to King Ghidorah) | Unknown, possibly Large Island Class to Small Country Class
Durability: At least Island level+, possibly Country level (A much weaker kaiju [Manda] survived the blast of an explosion that broke through from six miles under the sea floor, the ocean above it and still went into the sky, survived multiple Atomic Rays from Godzilla on multiple occasions) | Unknown, possibly Large Island level to Small Country level
Range: Extended melee range due to size
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence:Capable of communicating and planning with other monsters, celebrated to two opponents being stuck temporarily, likely sentient to a degree.
Weaknesses: Quite large, thus being an easier target
- Teleportation: Gigan can teleport short distances to confuse his opponents.
- Diamond Encasing: Gigan can encase himself with diamond for Diamond Form. This form is used to travel long interstellar distances.
- Hooked Appendages: Gigan can slash his opponents with giant hook blades. These giant hooks were later upgraded to cause explosions on contact.
- Chainsaw: After losing his head in battle, Gigan was repaired and had his appendages replaced with giant double chainsaws.
- Grappling Cables: Gigan can fire four grappling cables, two from each of his appendages. They have a range of at least hundreds of meters. Gigan can use these to pull his opponents into the buzzsaw on his stomach.
- Buzzsaw: Gigan has a buzzsaw on his stomach that him uses to saw opponents.
- Razor Discs: Gigan can shoot guided boomeranging razor discs from two hidden slots in his upper torso.
- Tail Pincer: Gigan can grab his opponent using the pincer on his tail.
- Heat Ray: Gigan can shoot a heat ray from his mouth. It's temperature is 5,000 degrees (Source: Tohokingdom).
- High-Powered Eye Laser: Gigan can fire an accurate red laser from a cannon located above his eye.
- Cluster Light Ray: Gigan's eye can shoot out an attack very similar to the red eye laser. The Cluster Light Ray starts out as a single beam that then splits into many smaller ones.
- Shotgun Blast: A heavily inaccurate version of the Cluster Light Ray that immediately scatters.
Key: Showa | Final Wars