Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 8-C, likely higher | At least 8-A
Origin: Yu Yu Hakusho
Age: Around in her 70's
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Ability to fire destructive blasts of Reiki, Skilled Martial Artist, Can pass on her own spiritual powers to a successor, Can return her body to the state where she was at her strongest (Essentially temporarily reverting Genkai to a time when she was in her early 20s), Regeneration (Mid-Low, she taught Yusuke the style that allows him to regenerate)
Attack Potency: At least Large Building level, likely higher | At least Multi-City Block level via power-scaling (Was responsible for giving Yusuke the power to defeat Toguro, also destroyed a large rock and more with her Reigan)
Speed: Hypersonic+ (Able to evade and attack 80% Younger Toguro) | Hypersonic+
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman+ | At least Class K+
Striking Strength: At least Large Building Class, likely higher | At least Multi-City Block Class
Durability: At least Large Building level, likely higher | At least Multi-City Block level via power-scaling
Stamina: Superhuman, likely not that high in her older form, much higher in her younger form
Range: Standard melee range normally, several hundred meters with projectiles such as the Reigun
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Experienced supernatural combatant, skilled tutor
Weaknesses: None notable
- Kiai Cannon: When the self-proclaimed Rei Experts of the Nine Regions (mountain villagers in the English anime) confront Genkai about their rejection during the trial of lots, she deduces that they're too thick-headed to listen to anything but force. She then releases an invisible blast of Spirit Energy from her body and directs it at the two goons. The power of the energy wave forces them across the courtyard and into the compound gate. In the manga, she claims that in her youth, she could have achieved the same effect just by looking at them.
- Spirit Gun (霊丸, Reigan): In the Dark Tournament, Genkai demonstrated her ability to use a far-more powerful version of Yusuke's Spirit Gun by firing a massive blast strong enough to reduce a very large stone to pebbles, as well as the forest behind it, before it hurled up into the sky behind it.
- Spirit Shotgun (ショットガン, Shottogan): Genkai uses this technique, which blasts out a spray of energy bullets that look vaguely like her clenched fist, to clear an entire barge of the demons looking to compete in the Dark Tournament
- Spirit Healing: With her help, Kuwabara was able to survive after having several of his bones broken by Rando, and recovered at a much faster rate. Her abilities are so great that even doctors were stunned how rapidly he recovered
- Paralyzing Touch: Genkai was able to freeze Yusuke's arm just by touching it
- Reihado-ken (れいはどけん): An ancient technique that has been mastered by only a few people. Users of reihado-ken have the ability to manipulate their cells when they exert full power. In this regard, their bodies return to the point when they were the strongest, at their prime state of power. Or for that matter, speed them up to their prime state of power. For Genkai, the technique transformed her into her 20 year old self
- Spirit Wave (修の拳, Shu no Ken, translated as Fist of Cleansing): A purification technique that Genkai uses to free the enslaved fighters of Team Ichigaki. After chanting, a giant tornado of Spirit Energy appears at her finger tips, and then she unleashes a large burst of energy, in which attacking foes are caught and paralyzed. Then she strikes her opponent in the chest. If the opponent is evil, they will be destroyed, but if they are pure of heart, their bodies will be purified as well. In the manga, she describes it as one of the Five Great Fists (daiken), the others being Offense, Defense, and Wisdom. Considering its deadly nature,this seems to be one of her most powerful techniques but also one of the most difficult to perform given the long chant and the sheer amount of Spirit Energy required.
Key: Old Genkai | Young/Prime Genkai