|“||This kingdom, and its people, have given me everything. What kind of man would I be if I gave any less in return?||„|
Garen is a warrior of Demacia who has devoted his life to defending his kingdom and its ideals. Armed with his magic-resistant armor and broadsword, Garen puts his life on the line for both his nation, and his fellow soldiers.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C | At least Low 7-C, possibly 7-A
Name: Garen Crownguard, The Might of Demacia
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Likely in his mid to late 20s)
Classification: Human, Captain of the Dauntless Vanguard
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Adept hand-to-hand combatant, Expert Swordsman, Energy Projection, Can summon gigantic duplicates of his sword, Regeneration (Mid-low, increases to Low-Mid out of combat via Perseverance), Wears magic-resistant armor, Limited Power Nullification (Via Decisive Strike)
Attack Potency: Small Town level+ (His Demacian Justice can attain this sort of power), Demacian Justice ignores conventional durability when used against villains | At least Small Town level+, possibly Mountain level (Stated to be capable of cleaving mountains), Demacian Justice ignores conventional durability when used against villains
Speed: Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with champions like Kled, as well as close range lightning/light-based attacks; his Demacian Justice can achieve these speeds)
Striking Strength: Small Town Class | At least Small Town Class, possibly Mountain Class
Durability: Small Town level+ (Has repeatedly survived battles with Katarina) | At least Small Town level+, possibly Mountain level
Stamina: Superhuman (Able to continue fighting even after having nearly all of his life force drained away)
Range: Extended melee range with sword, potentially hundreds of kilometers with Demacian Justice (vertically)
Standard Equipment: Sword
Intelligence: High (A highly skilled combatant and military leader, well-versed in the art of war, Widely considered one of the greatest swordsmen in Demacia)
Weaknesses: His spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Garen cleaves through the opponent with his sword. Augmented by Decisive Strike.
- Perseverance: Garen regenerates health every second if he has not been hit with an enemy ability or taken non-minion damage in the last 4 seconds.
- Decisive Strike: Garen cleanses himself of all slows affecting him and gains 35% bonus movement speed for a few seconds. Additionally, his next basic attack within 4.5 seconds deals bonus physical damage and silences his target for 1.5 seconds. Decisive Strike resets Garen's auto-attack timer.
- Courage: Garen reduces incoming damage by 30% for a few seconds. He also permanently gains 0.25 bonus armor and magic resistance every time he kills an enemy, up to a maximum of 30 bonus resistances.
- Judgment: Garen rapidly spins his sword around his body for 3 seconds, losing the ability to use basic attacks but ignoring unit collision and dealing physical damage to enemies within range for the duration, increased by 33.3% when damaging a single enemy. Judgment can critically strike, multiplying its AD component by 50% plus Garen's bonus critical damage. After 1 second, Garen can reactivate Judgment to cancel it immediately, reducing its cooldown by its remaining duration.
- Demacian Justice: Garen calls upon the might of Demacia to attempt to execute the target enemy champion, dealing them magic damage. In addition, Garen marks the enemy champion with the highest killing spree as the Villain, causing his basic attacks and each spin of Judgment against them to deal 1% of target's maximum health bonus true damage. The mark cannot be assigned to another champion while Garen is in combat with the Villain. If more than one enemy has the same bounty, the enemy who received it first is marked as the Villain. Demacian Justice deals true damage instead to the Villain.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Doran's Shield: Grants bonus health and regeneration, and blocks 8 damage from basic attacks and single target abilities from champions.
- Mercury's Treads: Grants bonus movement speed and magic resistance, and reduces the duration of all crowd control effects by 30%, except for Suppression, Stasis and Airborne effects such as Knockbacks, Knockups and Pulls.
- Cinderhulk Stalker's Blade: Grants bonus health, lifesteal, and mana regeneration, and deals magic damage every second to nearby enemies. Basic attacks versus monsters deal 20 bonus damage and damaging a monster through any means applies Health Drain, which deals 30 magic damage over 5 seconds while restoring as much as health.
- Chilling Smite: Upgrades Smite to Chilling Smite. Chilling Smite can be cast on enemies, dealing true damage and stealing 20% of their movement speed for 2 seconds.
- The Black Cleaver: Grants bonus health, attack damage, and cooldown reduction. Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion Cleaves them, reducing their armor by 5% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 6 times for a maximum of 30%. Dealing physical damage also grants bonus movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Sunfire Cape: Grants bonus health and armor, and deals constant magic damage to nearby enemies.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.
Key: Base | Warring Kingdoms Garen