Yamato Ishida (Matt in the dub) and Gabumon are main characters in the Digimon Adventure trilogy. Yamato is the secondary main character of 01 and Tri, next to Taichi Yagami. Yamato is the crest bearer of friendship, this can be seen in his character rather early on in the series, as he's usually looking out for his friends best interest.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-B | At least 6-C | At least High 4-C | 3-C | 3-C | At least 3-C, possibly far higher
Name: Yamato Ishida/Matt Ishida, Punimon, Tsunomon, Gabumon, Gururumon, Weregarurumon, Metalgarurumon
Gender: Genderless but referred to as Male
Age: Yamato is 10 in Adventure, 14 in Adventure 02 and around 16 in Tri. Unknown for Gabumon.
Classification: Digimon | DigiDestined/Chosen Child, Crest Bearer of Friendship
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Fire Manipulation, Self Information Manipulation and Reactive Evolution via Overwrite | All previous abilities, Ice Manipulation, Resistance to Ice Manipulation | All previous abilities, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant | All previous abilities amplified, Can analyze opponents, Absolute Zero, Resistance to Absolute Zero, Sound Manipulation, Can fire missiles, Enhanced Senses, Flight.
Attack Potency Wall level (Stronger than Digimon who could casually knock down trees) | At least Island level (Comparable to Birdramon who is superior to Meramon. Fought Seadramon in Episode 3) | At least Large Star level (Should be superior to Wendimon) | Galaxy level (Has clashed with Vamdemon) | Galaxy level (On par with Wargreymon) | At least Galaxy level (Consistently considered Taichi's equal and therefore should at least comparable to Vikemon and Rosemon), likely far higher.
Speed: Supersonic+ (Should be comparable with Tentomon) | At least Supersonic+ movement speed with Massively Hypersonic+ Reactions/Combat Speed (Equal to other Champion Digimon such as Meramon) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Comparable to Angemon) | Relativistic (Seems slightly faster then most other Perfect\Ultimate Digimon) | Relativistic (Superior to LadyDevimon) with Relativistic+ reactions (Fought against WarGreymon who cut Machinedramon to pieces in a small timeframe) | Relativistic with Relativistic+ reactions
Lifting Strength: Regular Human (at least as much as Yamato) | Class 10 (Scaling to other) | Class 10 | Class 10
Striking Strength: Wall Class | At least Island Class | At least Large Star Class | Galactic Class (Hurt MegaKabuterimon in a single bite) | Galactic Class (He can damage Piemon, consistently referred to as WarGreymons equal and fought evenly against him) | At least Galactic Class, likely far higher
Durability: Wall level (Has taken attacks shown to break walls and trees) | At least Island level (Defeated Seadramon, who should be around as strong as Meramon) | At least Large Star level (Fought against multiple Kuwagamon at once) | Galaxy level (Took a beating from Vamdemon) | Galaxy level (Tanked hits from Wargreymon, The Dark Masters, Venom Vamdemon and other similarly powerful threats, took hits from Alphamon but Alphamon wasn't trying to kill him) | At least Galaxy level (Comparable to Vikemon and Rosemon), likely far higher
Stamina: Very high
Range: At least 300 feet (going by when Metalgarurumon attacked Venomvamdemon)
Weaknesses: Digimon well devolve if he use up to much energy. Gabumon must be well fed to evolve.
Overwrite: All Digimon can rewrite their data, so that they are able to react to various situations that were once problematic for it. This usually causes a gigantic increase in power and sometimes new skills and resistances are gained. However, the more emotional the Digimon is, the more violent the overwrite becomes.
- Petit Fire: Shoots a stream of blue flame out of its mouth.
- Little Horn: Rams the horn on its head into the foe.
- Hidden Knock: Rapidly punches at the enemy.
- Tsuno Kougeki: Attacks with its horn.
- Machine Gun Jab: Continual throws punches at the foe.
- Drill Horn: Jumps into the air and attacks with horn by spinning.
- Crush Nail:Unleashes a combo attack with its claws.
- Fox Fire: Fires blue, high-temperature flames from his mouth.
- Body Blow: Rams the enemy with its body.
- Freeze Fang: Bites an enemy with icy fangs.
- Ice Wall: Breathes out a wall of ice to repel attacks.
- Garuru Thrust: Attacks with its claws.
- Slamming Attack: Forces the enemy to the ground and begins to maul them.
- Ice Cannon: Fires balls of ice from its mouth.
- Wolf Cry:Howls a powerful shockwave.
- Kaiser Nail: Slashes at the opponent with his claws.
- Circle Moon Kick: Throws a powerful kick
- Baldy Blow: Punches the enemy with its spiked brass knuckles.
- Garuru Kick: Kicks the enemy.
- Cocytus Breath: Breathes out a blast of air that freezes the opponent solid.
- Garuru Tomahawk: Launches a large missile out of his belly plate.
- Grace Cross Freezer: Launches freezing missiles from all of the weapons hidden throughout its body.
- Metal Wolf Snout: Fires four energy beams from the four laser sites on its snout.
- Metal Howling
- Metal Fang
- Also has sensors that can see through illusions (mentioned in Episode 52).
Key: Gabumon | Gururumon | Gururumon (Tri) | Weregarurumon | Metalgarurumon | Metalgarurumon (Tri)