|“||I am Judge Magister. Even in disgrace. My just reward for aiding the empire that destroyed my homeland.||„|
|~ Judge Gabranth|
|“||Silence! All was stripped from me! Only hatred for the brother who fled our homeland remains mine.||„|
|~ Judge Gabranth|
Judge Gabranth (ガブラス, Gaburasu?), born and more formally known as Noah fon Ronsenburg (ノア・フォン・ローゼンバーグ, Noa fon Rōzenbāgu?), is a character in Final Fantasy XII. A major antagonist, he is Basch Fon Ronsenburg's younger twin brother and is a Judge Magister, the highest rank in the Archadian Empire's military. While he appears to hold an extreme loyalty towards the Empire faithfully, a torn and broken man lies behind his lordly façade.
A silhouette of Gabranth forms the logo for Final Fantasy XII.
Powers and Stats
Name: Gabranth/Noah fon Ronsenburg
Origin: Final Fantasy XII
Classification: Hume Judge Magister for the Archadian Empire
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Master Swordsman, Elemental Manipulation (of the wind variety), capable of punching through dimensions, able to summon ethereal swords and control them with his mind, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Barrier Creation, Energy Blasts
Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Fought and kept pace with the party and Vayne Novus)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Large Planet Class
Durability: Large Planet level (Able to survive taking one of Vayne Novus' Sephira's to the face and survived [though was fatally wounded by] a mist infused punch)
Range: Extended melee range with his weapon, much higher with Quickenings and magic
Standard Equipment: Chaos Blade, Highway Star, armor
Intelligence: Skilled warrior and combatant. As Judge Magister, essentially a General of the Archadian Empire, he leads the 9th Bureau which mostly acts to gather and disseminate large quantities of information. His power as a Judge Magister is respected by those of comparable rank and is held in high esteem by Emperor Gramis Gana Solidor.
Weaknesses: Nothing notable
- Lunge: Gabranth link his swords together and charge forward to slam the opponent away.
- Circle of Judgement: Gabranth spins around to draw in the opponent and knock them away.
- Guilt/Execution: Gabranth thrusts forward to stun the opponent, then slice swords to cause a large explosion.
- Innocence: Gabranth link his blades together then quickly slice them, firing four enormous energy blades. The blades can arc up or down on a slight angle to track the opponent.
- Protect: Gabranth is enveloped in a magick field, increasing his defense and reducing physical damage taken.
- Renew: Fully restores Gabranth's health.
- Enrage: Gabranth charges forward and attacks the opponent with a combo of sword slashes.
- Hatred: Gabranth conjures a sphere around himself while charging, then releases a wave of energy in all directions. It has short range, but has a large blast radius.
- Fulminating Oblivion: Gabranth creates a blast of energy that hits the opponent multiple times
- Ruin Unflinching: Gabranth punches three times to shatter the screen around the opponent.
- Frost Purge: Gabranth summons multiple swords that converge on the opponent.