|“||Those who say 'you have nothing to fear but fear itself' have not yet felt the crows.||„|
For nearly twenty years, Fiddlesticks has stood alone in the easternmost summoning chamber of the Institute of War. Only the burning emerald light of his unearthly gaze pierces the musty darkness of his dust-covered home. It is here that the Harbinger of Doom keeps a silent vigil. His is a cautionary tale of power run amok, taught to all summoners within the League. Decades ago, there existed a powerful rune mage from Zaun - Istvaan. At the end of the fifth Rune War, he became one of the League's first summoners. Too much a prisoner to the old ways of magic, Istvaan stepped further and further outside the rules of conduct in the League. In what was ultimately his last match, his reach finally exceeded his grasp. Sealing himself inside the easternmost summoning chamber, he began incanting the most forbidden of rituals - an extra-planar summoning.
What exactly happened inside that chamber remains unknown. No champion came to represent Zaun that day in Summoner's Rift. Only silence echoed back from repeated knocks on the chamber door. The first apprentice who entered was cut down immediately by an unearthly scythe. What few who followed and survived were driven mad by fear, mere husks of men gibbering about crows and death. Afraid of the evil even Istvaan could not control, the League sealed all exits to the chamber, hoping they could contain what they could not destroy. Years went by, but the wooden figure within never moved save to slay any foolish enough to enter. Seeing no recourse to reclaim the chamber, the Council instead devised a use for Fiddlesticks: executioner. While he comes to life and seemingly abides by the rules of summoning in the Fields of Justice, what he awaits inside his chamber is unknown. His unmoving face yields no clues, and his scythe stands ready to strike down any who stand before him.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C
Name: Fiddlesticks, The Harbinger of Doom
Origin: League of Legends
Classification: Scarecrow, Executioner
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Adept scythe wielder, Magic, Regeneration (Mid-low), Life energy absorption, Can induce fear and permanent insanity, Summoning (crows), Teleportation, Limited Power Nullification (Via Dark Wind)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Small Town Class+
Durability: Small Town level+
Range: Dozens of meters with magic and crows
Standard Equipment: Scythe, Starting/Essential Items (Health Potions, Doran's Ring, Runic Echoes Stalker's Blade, Sorcerer's Shoes, Zhonya's Hourglass, Morellonomicon, Warding Totem)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Fiddlesticks fires a crescent of arcane magic at the opponent.
- Dread: Fiddlesticks removes 10 magic resistance from enemies he deals magic damage to or casts Terrify on for 2.5 seconds, refreshed on subsequent instances. Also, standing still or channeling for 1.5 seconds grants Fiddlesticks bonus movement speed, that lasts for 1.5 seconds once he starts moving. Being immobilized will not trigger dread, and will reset the timer.
- Terrify: Fiddlesticks causes the target enemy to flee from him for a duration.
- Drain: Fiddlesticks tethers himself to the target enemy and channels for up to 5 seconds, dealing magic damage each second to the tethered enemy and healing himself for a percentage of the damage done. If the target breaks the tether by moving out of range, Drain ends immediately.
- Dark Wind: Fiddlesticks sends a crow to the target enemy that bounces to other nearby enemies up to 4 times, prioritizing targets not yet hit, dealing them magic damage with each strike and silencing them for 1.25 seconds once. Minions and monsters take 50% additional damage.
- Crowstorm: After channeling for 1.5 seconds, Fiddlesticks blinks to the target location with a murder of crows flying wildly around him for 5 seconds, dealing magic damage to all nearby enemies each second.
- Insanity: As stated in his lore, Fiddlesticks can inflict insanity that is permanent and irreversible just by looking a person in the eye or being close to them.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Doran's Ring: Grants bonus health, mana regeneration, and ability power. Restores 4 mana upon killing an unit.
- Runic Echoes Stalker's Blade: Grants bonus movement speed, ability power, mana regeneration, and lifesteal against monsters. Basic attacks against monsters deal bonus damage, and damaging a monster through any means applies Health Drain, which deals magic damage over 5 seconds while restoring health. The wielder also gains charges upon moving or casting. At 100 charges, the next instance of ability damage dealt will expend all charges to deal bonus magic damage to the first enemy hit and summon up to 3 lesser bolts that target nearby enemies, prioritizing enemies damaged by the ability and champions over minions. Echo is amplified on large monsters. Hitting a large monster with this effect will restore 18% missing mana.
- Chilling Smite: Upgrades Smite to Chilling Smite. Chilling Smite can be cast on enemy champions, dealing true damage and stealing 20% of their movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Sorcerer's Shoes: Grants magic penetration and bonus movement speed.
- Zhonya's Hourglass: Grants bonus armor, ability power, and cooldown reduction.
- Stasis: Puts the user in stasis for 2.5 seconds, rendering them untargetable and invulnerable for the duration, but also unable to move, attack, cast spells, or use items during this time.
- Morellonomicon: Grants bonus mana, ability power, and cooldown reduction. Additionally, kills and assists restore 20% maximum mana, and dealing magic damage to an enemy champion below 35% health inflicts Grievous Wounds to them for 8 seconds. Grievous Wounds is a debuff that reduces all healing received by 40%.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.