|“||Beasts all over the shop. You'll be one of them, sooner or later...||„|
Father Gascoigne came to Yharnam from a foreign land. It appears that Gascoigne was already a cleric in his homeland, as he earned the title of "father", a foreign title for clergymen. Upon joining the Healing Church as a hunter, Gascoigne was partnered with Henryk, an older hunter. The two made an effective duo, and their effectiveness lead to Henryk's "tragically" long life.
At some point, Father Gascoigne took a wife by the name of Viola and the pair had two daughters. Viola was known to play a Tiny Music Box, in order to draw him home when he had been out all night and to make him remember her and their children when he began succumbing to the bloodlust. Their daughter, the Young Girl, still resides in Central Yharnam. The Tiny Music Box will be given to the Hunter when speaking with the Young Girl, and can be used against Father Gascoigne to stun him during battle.
Eventually, Father Gascoigne fell to the beast plague and succumbed to the bloodlust, becoming little more than a bloodthirsty killing machine. His wife Viola left their home in order to search for her husband, but forgot her music box. No longer remembering who she was, it appears that Gascoigne killed his own wife. He is found hacking away at corpses by The Hunter, who puts Gascoigne down.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-C | 8-C
Name: Father Gascoigne
Age: Unknown (About as old as Henryk)
Classification: Human, Hunter afflicted with the Beast Plague
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Can dual wield an extended Hunter Axe and a Blunderbuss) | Class 10 (Superior to Giant Lost Children who can casually lift massive boulders)
Striking Strength: Building Class+ | Building Class+
Durability: Building level+ (Can take hits from The Hunter and the Cleric Beast) | Building level+
Range: Extended melee range with axe, Several meters with pistol | Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: Hunter Axe, Hunter Pistol, Blood Vials | None
Intelligence: Below Average (Lost his sanity to the beast plague but has retained his incredible combat skill) | Low (That of a berserk animal)
Weaknesses: Can be momentarily stunned by objects that remind him of his humanity (Although constant exposure to these items will accelerate his transformation into Beast Form), Vulnerable to fire
- Scattergun Burst: Dodges before firing a burst shot from his pistol.
- Horizontal Chop: A quick horizontal chop with his axe.
- Spark Uppercut: Attacks with his axe from below to send a foe into the air.
- Jump Attack: Jumps a short distance forward before attacking with his axe.
- Charged Spin: Three horizontal swings from his axe.
- Aerial Dive (Beast Form): Leaps high into the air before coming down on his opponent.
- Swipe (Beast Form): A few simple swipes from his claws.
- Downward Smash (Beast Form): Smashes an opponent within range with both arms.
- Berserker Slash (Beast Form): A series of three to five powerful slashes.
Key: Human Form | Beast Form