|“||Chaos hunts the spark of endless suns, whose light will die in my crushing grasp.||„|
Nothing is known of Enigma’s background. There are only stories and legends, most of them apocryphal, passed down through the ages. In truth, Enigma is a mystery for whom the only true biography is description: he is a universal force, a consumer of worlds. He is a being of the void, at times corporeal, other times ethereal. A beast between the planes.
There are stories that say he was once a great alchemist who tried to unlock the secrets of the universe and was cursed for his arrogance. Other legends tell that he is an ancient being of strange gravity, the abyss personified—a twisted voice from out the original darkness, before the first light in the universe. And there are older legends that say he is the first collapsed star, a black hole grown complicated and sentient—his motivations unknowable, his power inexorable, a force of destruction unleashed upon existence itself.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-B, likely higher
Origin: DotA 2
Age: Older than the universe
Classification: Fundamental of Gravity, Manifestation of the Void and Darkness
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Types 1, 3, 4, 8, and 9), Regeneration (Mid-Godly), Energy Projection, Gravity Manipulation, Can summon aspects of himself from other planes and use them to corrupt lesser beings, Reality Warping, Spatial Manipulation, Portal Creation, Darkness Manipulation, Transmutation (Via Demonic Conversion), Black Hole creation, Power Nullification with Black Hole, Non-Corporeal, Abstract Existence, and Space-Time Manipulation with the World Chasm Artifact
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Solar System Class, likely higher
Durability: Solar System level (Should be comparable to Io and Keeper of the Light), likely higher
Range: Universal, Cross-dimensional travel and summoning
Standard Equipment: World Chasm Artifact
Intelligence: High (Enigma is extremely cunning and manipulative, and has a vast amount of alchemical knowledge, having created and hidden dozens of false alchemical journals detailing the exact method in which to summon him only for him to overpower his summoner and enslave them, along with stealing any powerful weapons they have created for his own personal use)
Weaknesses: Enigma has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes)
- Basic Attack: Enigma hurls energy blasts at his opponent.
- Malefice: Focuses Enigma's power on a target, causing it to take damage and become repeatedly stunned for multiple instances. An instance strikes every 2 seconds.
- Demonic Conversion: Transforms a creep into three fragments of Enigma himself. These eidolons are all under Enigma's control, and repeated successful attacks cause them to multiply. When this happens, the eidolons have their health restored.
- Midnight Pulse: Steeps an area in dark resonance, damaging enemy units based on their max HP.
- Black Hole: Summons a vortex that sucks in nearby enemy units. Enemies affected by Black Hole cannot move, attack, or cast spells.