Elpizo, known as Elpis (エルピス Erupisu) in Japan, is the main antagonist of Mega Man Zero 2.
Powers and Stats
Origin: Mega Man Zero
Classification: Reploid, Dark Elf User
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Some degree of Swordsmanship, Resistance to Absolute Zero, Summoning, Darkness Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Soul Manipulation and resistance to it, Immunity to Mind Manipulation, Resistance to EMPs, Levitation and Flight, Teleportation, Duplication, Resistance to Space-Time Manipulation, Can breathe underwater, Immunity to Molecular Manipulation, Intangibility and Invulnerability in Dark Overdrive.
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Kept up with Zero)
Lifting Strength: At least Class G+ (Reploids have vastly superior specs to Robot Masters)
Striking Strength: Solar System Class (Posed a threat to Zero)
Durability: Solar System level (Took several of Zero's attacks)
Range: Extended melee range with normal strikes. Thousands of kilometers to planetary with the Dark Elf.
Standard Equipment: His energy rapier and the Dark Elf
Intelligence: The main orchestrator of the events of the second game, he successfully infiltrated Neo Arcadia, stole both the Baby Elves and the Dark Elf, forced Sage Harpuia into his Armed Phenomenon form, and subdued X's Cyber-Elf form. He is also a capable leader, converting the rag-tag Resistance into a well-armed military group under his command as he was originally designed as an Administrative unit. However, he is often blinded by his arrogance and later turns insane from his megalomania and the influence of the Dark Elf.
Weaknesses: Elpizo is insane and overconfident. As an administrative unit he is unable to draw out the same level of power from the Dark Elf as a combat unit like Omega.
First Combat Form
- Dark Drain: Elpizo will summon a ring of purple orbs that quickly chase the enemy and drain his health.
- Splash Laser: Elpizo will point his beam rapier upwards, shooting mutiple dark energy bullets that create shockwaves upon reaching the ground, erupting into dark flames.
- Distortion Aura: Summons a Pantheon Guardian or a Spiking to distract foes.
- Grand Burst: Elpizo enters Dark Overdrive, mimicking the Overdrive ability of the Four Guardians. He becomes wrapped in a shadowy aura that blocks any attack until it wears off. While invincible, he sends his rapier spinning into the air, blasting a huge, blue column into the ground and spitting rocks in all directions. After the attack ends, his sword returns, whirling back like a boomerang.
Second Combat Form
- Chain Walls: Elpizo summons two spiked walls to trap and crush his opponents.
- Shadow Vortex: Elpizo will summon a green orb that gradually increases in speed, unwinding around him to cut off those who try to engage him in close range.
- Dual Macabre: He summons the Baby Elves to attack opponents from both sides with a flood of clones.
- Chaos Blazer: Elpizo's winged segments light up randomly, and the tips send out golden proton blasts that home on the enemy.