|“||Ikkaku... Madarame was it? I am glad I asked.||„|
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-A
Name: Edrad Liones
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Expert Swordsmanship, Hardened Skin (Arrancar's steel-like skin), Pseudo-Flight, Can use basic Arrancar techniques (like Cero and Bala), Can sense beings with Reiatsu (with Pesquisa), Dimensional Travel (via Garganta)
Speed: Hypersonic+ (Initially outpaced Ikkaku Madarame)
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman
Striking Strength: At least Multi-City Block Class
Durability: At least Multi-City Block level (Edrad’s Hierro is strong enough to block standard attacks unscathed from Ikkaku Madarame; Edrad was still forced to draw his sword when Ikkaku used his full strength in his attacks. In his Resurrection however he could tank all of Shikai Ikkaku’s attacks and remain unscratched)
Range: Extended melee range when fighting with his sword, several hundreds of meters with projectiles and Cero
Standard Equipment: His Zanpakutō, Volcánica
Intelligence: Skilled Tactician. While fighting Ikkaku, he deduced his vulnerabilities both in Shikai and Bankai. This proves him to be an analytical fighter, capable of noticing and exploiting an enemy's weaknesses.
Weaknesses: None notable
- High Spiritual Power: Edrad has high spiritual pressure being able to hold his own against Ikkaku Madarame in his fight.
- Expert Swordsman: Edrad is very proficient in swordsmanship, fighting on par with Ikkaku Madarame, a lieutenant-level Shinigami and master swordsman.
- Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Believing his abilities to be superior to a Shinigami, Edrad mainly fights unarmed. While doing so, he is able to skilfully block most attacks launched at him and at the same time find an opening to strike.
- Palma Plancha (鉄甲掌 (パルマ・プランチャ), Paruma Purancha; Spanish for "Palm Sheet", Japanese for "Iron Shell Palm"): He has a technique that accumulates Reiatsu in his hands to boost the power of physical attacks (without his Zanpakutō). This technique was enough to knock out a couple of Ikkaku's teeth.
- Cero (虚閃 (セロ), Sero; Spanish for "Zero", Japanese for "Hollow Flash", Doom Blast in the Viz translation"): An attack used by Menos, Arrancar, and Visored.
- Bala (バラ, Spanish for "Bullet", Japanese for "Hollow Bullet"): A technique that fires hardened spiritual pressure. Less powerful than a Cero, but can be successively fired at 20 times the rate.
- Hierro: Like all Arrancar, Edrad has steel-hard skin which acts as an armor from enemy attacks. While strong enough to block standard attacks unscathed, Edrad was still forced to draw his sword when Ikkaku used his full strength in his attacks.
- Sonído: Edrad is able to use Sonído at the level of at least an average Números.
- Pesquisa: He uses the ability alongside the rest of his team to search for any spiritual pressures when invading Karakura Town.
Zanpakutō and Resurrección
- Volcánica (火山獣 (ボルカニカ), Borukanika; Spanish for "Volcanic", Japanese for "Volcanic Beast"): This Zanpakutō looks like a regular katana, but with a hexagonal-shaped guard and a slightly-longer hilt.
- Resurrección: Its release command is Erupt (起きろ, Okiro). When Volcánica is released, his mask reforms into wings on either side of his face and his arms morph to gigantic proportions while growing large extensions beyond his shoulders. Each of these extensions contains an exhaust spout that releases flames when Edrad is charging up an attack.
- Resurrección Special Ability: Volcánica gives Edrad the ability to use the element of fire, with the heat being emitted from his fists. These attacks were incredibly strong, so much so that death for Ikkaku became a high possibility, and Yumichika ordered Soul Society to freeze the area they were fighting (and prepare for Ikkaku's funeral as well). His power easily overcame Ikkaku's Shikai, and forced him into using Bankai.