Ebonwumon is an Animal Digimon whose names and design are derived from the mythological Black Tortoise of the North (玄武 Xuán Wǔ?), known in Japan as "Genbu" (げんぶ?), with "Ebon" as a reference to that name. It is the "Digimon Sovereign" that guards the North, and commands the Deva Vikaralamon, Kumbhiramon, and Vajramon. It uses phantasmagoric water techniques, and as the oldest of the Four Sovereigns, it possesses a gentle personality.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 2-A
Name: Ebonwumon, Xuanwumon
Gender: Genderless, but regarded as Male
Age: Existed since ancient times
Classification: Mega-Level Vaccine-Type Holy Beast Digimon, Digimon Sovereign, Black Tortoise of the North
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Low Godly. Inherited from Vajramon who could regenerate despite having his data, which includes his mind and soul, disassembled), Water Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Plant Manipulation, Illusion Creation, Immortality (Types 1, 3 and 4), Matter Manipulation, Self Information Manipulation and Reactive Evolution via Overwrite, Life Force Absorption, Duplication, Sealing, Weapon Mastery, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation (Digimon attacks are able to interact with each others' Digicores, which constitute a Digimon's mind and soul. Hence, all Digimon are able to manipulate, attack, and destroy the minds and souls of others), Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation (The bodies of Digimon shield their Digicores from the attacks of other Digimon, which in turn protect their minds and souls from external interference), and Existence Erasure (Has 12 Digicores. A Digicore being a Digimon's entire essence, i.e their mind, body and soul)
Lifting Strength: Likely Immeasurable via power-scaling
Striking Strength: At least Multiversal+
Durability: At least Multiverse level+
Stamina: Very high | Very high
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: As one of the oldest entities in the Digital World, Ebonwumon is extremely knowledgeable about its working and the denizens that live within it. He is also an immensely skilled combatant, guarding the north with the same authority as Zhuqiaomon, who is thought to be omnipotent to those under his rule. Nevertheless, he is also the most reasonable and kind amongst the Sovereigns, and is not blinded by any sort of pride or bigotry in his decisions in politics and in combat, but will not become aggressive unless his hand is forced.
Weaknesses: Ebonwumon is very gentle and will not actively fight unless truly provoked
- Overwrite: All Digimon can rewrite their data, so that they are able to react to various situations that were once problematic for it. This usually causes a gigantic increase in power and sometimes new skills and resistances are gained. However, the more emotional the Digimon is, the more violent the overwrite becomes.
- Mugen: (霧幻? lit. "Misty Illusion"): Displays an illusion which generates a dark mist around the opponent, destroying their spirit and making them hallucinate.
- Kokuhyo: (黒雹 Kokuhyou?, lit. "Black Hail"): Generates massive black hailstones that rain on his targets to crush and freeze them.
- Souryūha: (双竜波? lit. "Double-Dragon Wave"): Sends out two massive waves of water in the shape of twin dragons to attack his opponent.
Notable Inherited Skills
- Krimíśa: Creates six copies of itself to seal its opponent in a hexagram barrier before smashing them with its Bǎo Chǔ.
- Roku Bunshin: Creates six clones of itself that tackle the opponent.
- Bǎo Chǔ: Leaps at the opponent to stab them with its Bǎo Chǔ.