Dunban (Japanese: ダンバン, Danban; English dub: /ˈdʌnbæn/) is a Homs, and is one of the seven playable characters in Xenoblade Chronicles. Dunban serves as the voice of reason for the group, willing to kill a Homs in order to bring peace. Fiora says that Dunban is a big softy and cries when nobody is around but that he hates anyone knowing about it. Riki calls him "Dundun".
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 8-C | 5-C
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Very good at taunting and distracting, Expert swordsman, Expert soldier, Can cure the party of confusion, Can topple, boost accuracy and evasion, Boost his strength, lower defense and even resurrect party members
Attack Potency: Large Building level (Accidentally nuked Sword Valley when it went out of control, but he lost the use of his arm and couldn't even walk after a year. Second strongest member of the gang, can easily kill Mid Level Mechon which can take artillery fire head on with no trouble) | Moon level (Can damage Dickson)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Building Class | Moon Class (Blocked and parried attacks from Dickson)
Range: Extended melee range. Hundreds of meters with attacks.
Standard Equipment: Formerly the Monado, various katanas and some clothes.
Intelligence: Unknown; rather well-versed in combat however.
Weaknesses: If he uses the Monado, he will be harmed upon wielding it.
- Blossom Dance: 4-hit combo that does massive damage.
- Gale Slash: Inflicts Bleed.
- Electric Gutbuster: Causes Break if used after Gale Slash.
- Peerless: cures party of confusion, draws aggro and increases strength
- Worldly Slash: 2-hit combo lowering phys. def., also lowers strength when used after Gale Slash.
- Battle Eye: Causes Lock-On, increases double attack rate, evasion fills talent gauge.
- Steel Strike: Topples an enemy suffering from Break.
- Serene Heart: Increases accuracy and evasion, higher bonus with lower health.
- Final Flicker: Fills Talent Gauge in exchange for HP.
- Jaws of Death: Increases physical arts damage, revives when incapacitated, fills Talent Gauge when incapacitated.
- Tempest Kick: A long range ether attack, removes enemy buffs when used after Gale Slash.
- Heat Haze: Completely removes aggro, guarantees critical hits.
- Spirit Breath: Removes debuffs, grants Haste.
- Soaring Tempest: Multiple hits to enemies in range, hits fill Talent Gauge.
- Thunder: Hits enemies behind Dunban with an ether blast, forces Daze when used while an Aura is active.
- Demon Slayer: All enemies suffer forced Topple when used to kill an enemy.
- Blinding Blossom: Transfers aggro from a team member to Dunban.
Key: Mid Game | End Game
Note: Dunban gets faster when no armor is equipped (With the exception of his shorts) but is extremely vulnerable to damage.