Diane is the Serpent's Sin of Envy of the Seven Deadly Sins. She was a prodigy of the Giant Clan, raised to be a warrior despite her misgivings about fighting. Eventually she journeyed outside her home and encountered Fairy King Harlequin, who she lived with and fell in love with. He was eventually forced to erase her memories of their time together, and she misplaced her love for him onto Meliodas, who she had developed a slight attraction for. After returning to the Giant Clan, during a routine battle alongside Matrona, they were betrayed by a power-hungry Holy Knight acting outside his orders, and Diane believed Matrona to have died. She was charged with killing her, and was conscripted into the Sins by Meliodas.
Diane later regained all her memories and her love for King, and she deepened her connection with nature after experiencing Drole's past and learning his sacred dance.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-B, higher with Creation | 7-B, higher with Creation, 7-A with Friends | 7-A, higher with Creation | 6-B, higher with Creation
Origin: Nanatsu no Taizai
Classification: Giant, Serpent's Sin of Envy, Member of Seven Deadly Sins
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Extrasensory Perception, Large Size, Expert Hammer Wielder, Martial Arts, Earth Manipulation, Sand Manipulation (Can create and control pits of quicksand), Metal Manipulation (Can turn her body into metal), Statistics Amplification (via Drole's Dance)
Attack Potency: Small City level (Split apart Vaizel Rock. Traded blows with Sealed Base Meliodas without his weapon. Overpowered that Meliodas when she began returning to full size), higher with Creation (One shot Howzer with Heavy Metal) | City level (Obliterated a huge volume of rock when she struck the ground with Gideon. Her Ground Gladius is this strong), higher with Creation (Mother Catastrophe itself is far more powerful than the strike that broke apart the ground. Heavy Metal enhances her striking power), Mountain level with Friends (Her King Golem easily destroyed Drole's Golem which was stronger than True Spirit Spear King himself) | Mountain level (Has over twice her previous power, and is slightly more powerful than Matrona. Casually killed an Albion in one hit), higher with Creation (Heavy Metal enhances her striking power) | Country level+ (Easily injured Post-Training King. Managed to push mid-morning Escanor back, making her far stronger than Critical Over Galand), higher with Creation (Destroyed swarms of Melascula's skeletons, which were powered by Post-Timeskip Demon Meliodas' energy and could challenge herself and the other Sins. Heavy Metal enhances her striking power)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Even with Sealed Base Meliodas. Easily dodged Gowther's attacks) | Massively Hypersonic (Same as before) | Massively Hypersonic (Faster than before. Created a tidal wave of earth before any Holy Knight or demon could notice) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Comparable to base Chandler and Post-Training King)
Striking Strength: Small City Class, higher with Heavy Metal | City Class, higher with Heavy Metal, Mountain Class with Friends | Mountain Class, higher with Heavy Metal | Country Class+, higher with Heavy Metal
Durability: Small City level (Tanked attacks from Sealed Base Meliodas without his weapon), higher with Heavy Metal (Withstood multiple punches from Matrona, though she was severely injured) | City level (Took only minor damage from Gilthunder's Purge of the Thunder Emperor. Took many attacks from Dreyfus, Gilthunder, Howzer, and Helbram in rapid succession, although she eventually fell), higher with Heavy Metal | Mountain level (Should be comparable to her own attacks), higher with Heavy Metal (Took no damage from a point blank Albion blast) | Country level+ (Tanked a blow from mid-morning Escanor, though he purposefully didn't aim for her head), higher with Heavy Metal (Even while severely shrunken, she blocked an attack from Chandler with no injuries)
Stamina: Superhuman. She was repeatedly attacked by three Great Holy Knight-class enemies while trying to protect the local populace from their attacks, and managed to remain conscious despite being impaled through the torso and under constant fire by Dreyfus, Gilthunder, and Helbram.
Range: Extended melee range due to size | Several dozen meters melee range, hundreds of meters with Creation.
Standard Equipment: Sacred Treasure Gideon, a massive war hammer designed to be wielded by a giant. It is made of a material that is stronger than steel and weighs approximately 2200 pounds. It is able to draw out the full capability of her ability, Creation.
Intelligence: Diane is an immensely skilled fighter, matching Meliodas blow for blow in hand-to-hand combat and forcing Helbram to retreat with a single use of Mother Catastrophe, with Hendrickson screaming at the latter to run from the devastation. She also has a deep link with nature even by her race's standards, allowing her to manipulate massive amounts of earth with ease, fighting on a scale surpassing almost every other character in the series.
Weaknesses: Her Heavy Metal form can be melted by high enough temperatures.
Creation: A magic power of the Giant Clan, Creation gives giants a deep connection to nature and allows them to manipulate the earth for a variety of purposes. Diane was noted for being a prodigy with Creation, and after undergoing Drole's training she gained an even deeper level of skill and power with it.
- Crazy Rush: Diane creates a huge number of massive earth fists to attack her target with.
- Diamond Shield: Diane raises a massive diamond wall with a decorative face on it from the ground.
- Double Hammer: Diane spins Gideon behind her back and quickly creates two large stone fists, one on either side of her opponent. The fists slam together with the target in between, trapping it.
- Fillet and Loin: Diane performs multiple hand movements and creates two earth golems, named Fillet and Loin, which she sends to attack her enemy.
- Friends: Diane creates earth golems in the likenesses of Hawk, Elizabeth, Meliodas, Matrona, and King. Because of her emotional connection to the originals, these golems are much more powerful than Fillet and Loin. The King golem is by far the most powerful, followed by Matrona.
- Ground Gladius: Diane slams Gideon into the ground, causing a massive blade made of earth to rise and strike from under her enemy at extremely high speeds. This technique instantly dispelled Gilthunder's and Howzer's Combined Technique: Dragon Castle, and was so large it could be seen from across the capital of Liones.
- Heavy Metal: Diane turns her body to metal, increasing her body weight, striking strength, and durability.
- Mother Catastrophe: Diane strikes the ground with her hammer, gouging out a vast amount of earth. Using her earth manipulation, she raises all of the earth into the air and brings it together to form a floating mountain, which she then sends crashing down on top of her opponent. Vaizel was destroyed due to this technique.
- Queen Embrace: Diane summons a giant wave of earth, much larger than even an Albion, that she rides over her enemies, burying them beneath a vast amount of earth.
- Rising Meteor: Diane raises Gideon high above her head, erecting an enormous star-shaped pillar from below her opponent which slams into them at extremely high speeds as it rises into the sky.
- Rush Rock: Diane raises many sharp rocks from the ground and fires them at her opponent.
- Sand Whirl: Diane performs specific hand motions and touches the ground, creating an area of quicksand under her opponent.
Key: Without Gideon | With Gideon | After Drole's Training | After using Drole's Dance