|“||You're weak. I'm strong. and I win, toymaker!||„|
A fierce temper, a fascination with all things explosive, and a terrible plan to kill the Loch Ness Monster cost the six year old Demoman his original set of adoptive parents. Later, at the Crypt Grammar School for Orphans near Ullapool in the Scottish Highlands, the boy's bomb-making skills improved dramatically. His disposition and total number of intact eyeballs, however, did not. Word of his proficiency with explosives spread, and it was not long before Crypt Grammar received two visitors; the Demoman's real parents, who lovingly explained that all Demomen are abandoned at birth until their skills manifest themselves, a long-standing, cruel, and wholly unnecessary tradition among the Highland Demolition Men. His unhappy childhood had ended, but his training had just begun.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-A | At least 9-A with MvM upgrades.
Name: Demoman, Tavish Finnegan DeGroot
Origin: Team Fortress 2
Age: Unknown, likely at least in his 30's
Classification: Human, Mercenary.
Attack Potency: Small Building level (Regardless of quantity, even one explosive is able to deal serious damage to any class, one shot Pyro with a single grenade in Meet the Demoman, and one shot an entire group of BLU classes with a sticky trap) | At least Small Building level (Can deal major damage to large tanks and giant robots who are around the size of small buildings)
Speed: Subsonic with Subsonic+ combat/reactions (Is not too far behind the Sniper in speed) faster with boots/shield combination. Subsonic+ while in Charge (Doubles Scout in speed) | Subsonic with Supersonic combat/reactions, at least Subsonic+ while charging
Lifting Strength: Superhuman, likely higher (Should be comparable to Scout)
Striking Strength: Small Building Class (His melee weapons such as the bottle and his swords are comparable to melee weapons used by the likes of Soldier and Pyro) | Small Building Class (At the full potential, his melee weapons can virtually one shot robots who should have comparable durability to Mercs)
Durability: Small Building level (Can use his own grenades and sticky bombs to propel himself in the air, much more durable than the Scout, who survived the combined strength of the Heavy and Saxton Hale, and survived several rockets in Meet the Medic), higher with shields | Small Building level (Can take hits from huge robots), higher with shields.
Range: At least several meters with his explosives, extended melee with swords/shields
Intelligence: Said to be uncanny when it comes to explosives. Booze seems to hinder his intellect and coherent speech.
Stamina: Superhuman, Lower when drunk.
Weaknesses: Only has one eye and lacks depth perception. Voice lines show that he is constantly drunk while in battle.
- Several Grenade launchers that differ in projectile speed and explosive range. These include the Grenade Launcher, Loch n' Load, Loose Cannon, and Iron Bomber.
- Ali Baba's Wee Booties/Bootlegger: grant him higher speed, health and movement control in his charge attack.
- B.A.S.E. Jumper: A parachute.
- Several Sticky-bomb launchers (Launch bombs that stick to surface and can be detonated remotely), Notably the Scottish Resistance (Wich can fire 14 stickies oposed to the stock 8, at the cost of slower primming time) and the Sticky Jumper (which stickies are completely harmless, allowing him to reach insane heights without damaging himself).
- Shields: Allow him to perform the charge attack. Also grant higher defenses and resistance to fire (Chargin' Targe), increased attack power (Splendid Screen) and higher maneuverability (Tide Turner).
- The Eyelander: A large bloodstained and battle-worn claymore reputed to be haunted by a bloodthirsty, malevolent spirit. For each head it takes, it will grant the Demoman increased speed and health, capping at 4 heads (but still providing healing upon further beheading).
- The Half-Zatoichi: A Samurai katana that, when drawn, the demoman becomes honorbound and will lose health if he switches to any other weapon unless he kills someone with it, succesfully killing someone with the katana will restore half of his health instantly, and allow him to switch to another weapon safely.
- The Ullapool Caber: It is a disproportioned World War-era German Model 24 Stielhandgranate "potato masher" grenade, it is meant to be thrown, but its implied that the Demoman is too drunk and thus uses it as a melee weapon. Since its an explosive, only works once.
- The Persian persuader: Converts the ammo and weapons dropped by killed enemies into health, also halves the time required to make a charge attack.
- Several other melee weapons (A bottle, A pole, a camera, a frying pan, a hammer, a human spine with its skull, etc.)
- Decapitation: The Demoman swings his sword around, gathering momentum, and then slashes in front of him, cleaning the blade with his hand afterwards. Anyone caught in the range will be beheaded.
- Sticky-Jumping: The Demoman detonates the stickies right under his feet, using the explosion to launch himself into the air at high speeds.
Key: Base | MVM Upgrades