Daud, renowned as the "Knife of Dunwall", is the leader of a group of assassins known as the Whalers that operate in Dunwall. He is responsible for the death of Empress Jessamine Kaldwin and the kidnapping of her daughter, Emily. Daud is one of the main antagonists and an assassination target in Dishonored, as well as the protagonist in two of the game's DLCs, The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches. He's also an ally in Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-A physically and with equipment | 9-C
Name: Daud, "The Knife of Dunwall", "the Old Knife"
Age: 42 | 57
Classification: Human, Assassin, Leader of the Whalers
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Highly skilled with a sword, crossbow, and pistol, Regeneration (Low), Telekinesis, Short-range Teleportation, Heat Vision, Summoning (Assassins), Power Bestowal (Able to share his powers with The Whalers) Time Slow, Time Stop, Resistance to Possession, time slows, and time stops
Attack Potency: Small Building level (Physically superior to Whalers, can fight evenly with Corvo Attano) and with gear (His Arc Mines can vaporize a full grown human. He can deal as much damage as this physically and with well-placed hits with his other weaponry)
Speed: Subsonic (Can keep up with Corvo), Faster with Blink, with Supersonic reactions (Can dodge bullets)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Can jump several meters in the air while carrying a full grown man over his shoulder), Class 1 with pull
Striking Strength: Small Building Class (Even his casual strikes can knock grown men several feet backwards and/or instantly kill them)
Durability: Small Building level (Can survive being hit with various high explosives, as well as his physical equals)
Stamina: High | Low
Range: Extended range with sword, Several meters with pistol, crossbow, and explosives
Standard Equipment: Assassin's Blade, Wristbow, Pistol, Grenades, Arc and Stun Mines, Chokedust, Rewire Tool, Bone Charms
Intelligence: High (Daud is a highly skilled assassin capable of using several different gadgets to aid him in both stealth and offensive situations. He is highly proficient with both ranged and melee weapons as well as the abilities gifted to him by the Outsider.)
Weaknesses: None notable | Very weak physically, approaches the end of his life.
The Outsider's Mark - The Outsider's Mark is a special brand granted by the Outsider to individuals of his choosing, which gives them access and resistance to an array of supernatural abilities. After Dud's first encounter with the Outsider, he is branded with the Outsider's Mark and subsequently able to utilize supernatural abilities. These compliment and augment his already present skills, allowing him to jump higher, move faster and farther, utilize additional stealth and offensive techniques, and so on.
- Blink - Teleport forward and a shorter distance upward. Time is stopped while aiming if Daud is not moving.
- Void Gaze - Daud can see the location of Runes and Bone Charms within a certain radius, the Outsider's Mark on Daud's hand will glow if aiming to a Rune or Bone Charm. He can also see living beings, their sounds, their cones of sight, resources, and machinery/traps, as well as his own sounds.
- Bend Time - Slows time at its weakest, can stop time completely at its strongest.
- Summon Assassin - Daud can summon a Whaler to fight by his side.
- Bloodthirsty - A burst of adrenaline-fueled strength that allows Daud to easily brutalize enemies.
- Agility - Agility increases jumping ability and movement speed.
- Shadow Kill - As a result of the mark bestowed upon them by the Outsider, Daud possesses the supernatural ability Shadow Kill, which turns slain opponents to ash, eliminating the need to hide bodies.
- Arcane Bond - Bestows Daud's powers to his Whalers.
- Pull - Pull can be used to lift inanimate objects and pin enemies in place.
- Assassin's Blade - Daud's primary melee weapon, it is simple with knurling near the hilt and is perfect for the fast, deadly moves performed by Assassins.
- Daud's Wristbow - The Wristbow is a silent concealed weapon, crafted from the finest materials, used by Daud and his assassins. It is used to launch bolts, sleep darts, and explosive bolts.
- City Watch Pistol - The pistol is the less subtle of the two ranged weapons, as its loud report is easily heard by any enemies in the vicinity. In a fight, however, its power is substantial.
- Grenades - The grenade is one of many offensive gadgets available to Daud. A metal shell packed with a thick tar made from whale oil, they are standard issue for Overseers.
- Arc Mines - Arc Mines are powerful proximity-based mines that will incinerate anything unfortunate enough to get caught in its attack radius. The effect is similar to a Wall of Light or Arc Pylon.
- Stun Mine - The intended use for the Stun Mine is for non-lethal traps and takedowns. The Stun Mine acts in a very similar manner to the Arc Mine. The difference between the Arc Mine and the Stun Mine is the severity of the bolt of electricity expelled; the Stun Mine delivers enough electricity to instantly render those in its proximity unconscious, rather than turning them into ash, like the Arc Mine.
- Chokedust - Chokedust is a weapon accessible to Daud in The Knife of Dunwall and in The Brigmore Witches DLC. Filled with unrefined whale oil, it works by stunning enemies when thrown, hampering their breathing and allowing for a quick escape. Chokedust also has the useful property of not alerting any enemies who happen to see its deployment, even if they are not in its area of effect.
- Baffle Dust - Possessing the same effect on enemies as chokedust, the added bonus of Baffle Dust is that enemies doused in the dust will not be in a state of heightened awareness after it wears off. It can also be utilized as a sort of "amnesia dust", as using it on enemies after being detected will put them in a temporary state of forgetfulness, and Daud will be able to continue on his way as though he were never seen.
- Rewire Tools - Rewire Tools are used to manipulate the wiring for fuse boxes so that the many technologies in Dunwall can be utilized to Daud's advantage.
- Bone Charms - Bone Charms are mystical objects created from the bones of whales and other animals, each with a unique effect on the user's constitution and abilities. Daud can discover these trinkets throughout Dunwall, and use them to complement his mission strategies. When they are equipped, bone charms provide a variety of enhancements, such as improving the effects of elixirs and remedies, swimming speed, jumping ability, and strengthening Daud's supernatural powers.
- Corrupted Charms - Corrupted Charms are bone charms with powerful beneficial effects counterbalanced by embedded penalties. They are created by breaking apart functional bone charms and fusing them back together with additional pieces of whalebone.
Keys: Normal | Old