|“||I am the Dark Lord who will restore the Sith to glory. They call me Bane.||„|
|~ Darth Bane|
Darth Bane, born under the name of Dessel, was the Sith'ari and the Dark Lord of the Sith responsible for creating the Rule of Two. Born in 1026 BBY, he was raised as a poor miner on the Outer Rim planet Apatros. After killing a Galactic Republic ensign in a fight in 1003 BBY, Dessel was in danger of being arrested and imprisoned by the Republic. With the help of his friend Groshik, he escaped off-world to join the Sith Brotherhood of Darkness. Initially serving as a foot soldier in the Gloom Walkers unit, he was recognized as a Force-sensitive, and taken to the Sith Academy on Korriban. Bane, as he had been christened, quickly became one of the best students at the Academy before he lost his faith in the dark side of the Force. Though Bane was able to regain his confidence in the dark side, he lost his trust in the Brotherhood of Darkness, believing it to be a flawed organization whose leader, Skere Kaan, was a coward and a fool. Deserting the order, he went to the planet Lehon and studied the holocron of Darth Revan, and, armed with new knowledge, helped destroy the Brotherhood, allowing him to create his own Sith Order. He then instituted a Rule of Two, which stated that there could be only two Sith to avoid the infighting that had plagued the Sith for millennia. He also took both the title of Darth and an apprentice named Darth Zannah.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-A | At least High 6-A
Name: Dessel/Darth Bane
Origin: Star Wars
Age: 46 at the time of his death
Classification: Dark Lord of the Sith/Human
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Precognition/prescience, Force enhanced reflexes/reactions, Telepathy, Psychometry, Telekinesis, Clairvoyance, Illusion Creation, telekinetic blasts and shields, aura sensing, enhanced senses and perceptions, Mind/Memory Manipulation, mastery and proficiency of all lightsaber combat forms, very skilled unarmed combatant, Energy Manipulation, Weather Manipulation on a planetary scale, Force Lightning, Soul Manipulation via body/mind Possession, Thought Bomb, Force Destruction, Death Field, possesses some skills and knowledge in Sith sorcery and magics, can use the Force Drain to empower himself from fatal wounds and physical damage by feeding off the anguish of victims he tortures or kills, can cure and neutralize poisons or toxins in his body once he becomes aware of them, Matter Manipulation on a subatomic scale (as per creating a Holocron, it requires one to make numerous precision alterations to it on a subatomic scale)
Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level (Darth Cognus asserted Bane's raw power in the Dark Side was like nothing she has ever seen or felt despite moments prior having witnessed through psychometry the devastation of Ambria and Thon's efforts to contain the power it had unleashed millennia later) | At least Multi-Continent level
Lifting Strength: Peak Human+, can be augmented to Superhuman levels thanks to Force Amplification
Striking Strength: Multi-Continent Class with Force Amplification
Durability: Street level naturally, Multi-Continent level with Force amplification | Street level naturally, at least Multi-Continent level with Force amplification (Proved capable of surviving prolonged exposure to his own Force Lightning mortally wounded)
Stamina: Vast; has shown no signs of tiring in a 3-1 duel between three Battle-Meditation linked Jedi Masters and fought entire campaigns with little need for rest or sustenance before his formal Sith training
Standard Equipment: Lightsaber, and Orbalisk Armor (Post-7th Battle of Ruusan; Path of Destruction)
Intelligence: Very deceptive and has experience in a variety of roles as a tactical leader of military squads, a Sith Lord and particularly gifted in the areas of espionage, deceived several experienced Sith Lords and the Dark Brotherhood, including Lord Kaan, someone who was particularly talented at that, also misdirected the focus of his teacher's suspicions several times at the Sith Academy on Korriban and while on Ruusan.
Weaknesses: Nothing notable
- Convection: A concentration of Force energy that can make Darth Bane's fists hot to the touch, even to the point of possessing a burning intensity. It doesn't inflict harm upon the user.
- Cryokinesis: Darth Bane siphons the heat energy out of an opponent. It's potent enough where the power can leave the afflicted a frosted corpse.
- Death Field: Darth Bane projects a large concentration of dark side energy around himself in the shape of a sphere. Living beings that enter the field will have their life energy drained away, withering them into dried husks. The power is a double edged sword that will eventually consume the user as well.
- Empathy: Capable of picking out feelings, emotions, and behaviors with the Force; Bane can also use this to send mental pictures or impressions into his allies or enemy's minds; works across interstellar space and can be used to sense stress points or areas of danger or psychic whiplashes from major events.
- Force Blind: A burst of Force energy that can overwhelm an enemy's optic nerves and render them momentarily blind.
- Force Lightning: An offensive Force technique that uses Force energy to produce electricity with one or two hands that stream outwards from the fingertips, its speed is usually great enough to catch an opponent off-guard even when prepared, and can be used either in bursts, or simply torrent out in an a gush of agony on its victim; Bane's usage of Force/Sith Lightning is great and advance enough to reduce dozens of Force Users into charred and badly burned corpses.
- Force Barrier: Can use this ability to protect himself from direct harm or disperse energy and attacks. Darth Bane's proficiency with the power was great enough (and ironically led to his undoing in Rule of Two) that his Force Lightning wasn't potent enough to break through the barriers he had erected.
- Ritual of Essence Transfer: A technique learned from Darth Andeddu's Holcron, Bane is able to transfer his living essence, I.E. his soul into the body of a vessel of his choosing. But before taking control of the vessel, he will have to fight a battle of wills with the consciousness of the person he is trying to possess. If he fails in doing so, his consciousness will be cast into the void doomed to spend an eternity of suffering and torment.
- Telekinesis: Bane can use this through the Force to put his mind literally over matter, capable of blasting opponents, shielding himself or disarming people, its limits are only those of the creativity that Force User has
- Telepathy: Can easily manipulate others mentally with the Force to trick, deceive, maim or even kill outright. Can also use this power externally or internally when it comes to illusion creation, manifestation, and manipulation.
Key: Base | Orbalisk Armor