Darkbeast Paarl is a Boss in Bloodborne. A malformed beast enveloped in blue lightning with a long body made of only bones and a wrinkle-covered skull, people say this beast must be very old, very ancient. Or perhaps, it is a descendant of the city of the plague of beasts. It may be one of the experiments of the people of Yahar'gul, the Hidden Village, in the attempt to make a Great One. Due to the vague physical similarities between Paarl and the One Reborn, it is plausible that Paarl and the One Reborn are products of the same experiment.
Powers and Stats
Name: Darkbeast Paarl
Age: Unknown (Described as being ancient)
Classification: Beast, failed attempt at the creation of a Great One
Striking Strength: Building Class+
Durability: Building level+ (Can take hits and visceral attacks from The Hunter)
Range: Standard melee range, several meters with lightning attacks
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Below Average
Weaknesses: Somewhat vulnerable to magic and fire; Has to be stationary to recharge itself.
- Lunging Sweep: A long-range horizontal slash with an extremely wide arc.
- Leaping Burst: A long-range downward slash that creates a forward blast of lighting.
- Soaring Pounce: A long-range jumping slam.
- Charge Punch: Charges for two seconds and performs a downward punch which creates a frontal sphere of electricity.
- Burst Combo: Paarl will swipe its claws up to four times in succession. Alternates between vertical and horizontal swipes.
- Thunder Slam: Paarl will smash the ground, creating a sphere of electricity in front of it. The sphere also creates smaller trails of lightning.
- Static Discharge: Paarl will channel energy for a few seconds, then unleashes an electric nova around itself that deals considerable damage. It is possible to cancel this attack by inflicting enough damage to cause it to collapse.