Dante Alighieri is the main protagonist of the 2010 third-person action adventure game Dante's Inferno, based on the 14th century poem. Having previously experienced a difficult childhood, Dante had participated in the Third Crusade in the late 12th century, committing unforgivable acts in the name of God. During a raid on Acre by the forces of the Kurdish leader Saladin, Dante was slain by an assassin and brought before Death, who condemned him to everlasting damnation in Hell with the souls he had ruined. Unable to accept such a fate, Dante challenged Death to battle, to which he was the victor. Returning home, he learned that his lover Beatrice was killed and Lucifer had taken her to Hell. Resolving to save her, Dante descended through Hell’s nine circles to save her from the devil’s clutches.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-B | 7-C
Name: Dante Alighieri
Origin: Dante’s Inferno
Classification: Former Crusader, Poet
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Barrier Creation, Holy Manipulation, Regeneration (Mid-Low via Divine Armor), Energy Manipulation, Light Projection, Expert scythe user, can absolve and damn souls, can harm and kill conceptual beings (Killed Death)
Attack Potency: City Block level (Killed Death, who created a pocket universe of this size) | Town level (Caused an explosion with a mushroom cloud in his clash with Lucifer)
Speed: Unknown | Massively Hypersonic+ (Able to keep pace with Lucifer, who can fly out of Hell, which exists in the center of the Earth, in seconds)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Able to outmuscle massive demons)
Striking Strength: City Block Class (Capable of cutting Death in half) | Town Class (Able to damage Lucifer with physical strikes)
Durability: City Block level (Able to tank numerous strikes from Death) | Town level (Tanked attacks from Lucifer as well as the explosion they caused)
Stamina: Very high (Able to fight his way through all of Hell’s nine circles without rest)
Range: Extended melee range with Death’s Scythe, dozens of meters with cross attacks.
Standard Equipment: Death’s Scythe, Beatrice’s Cross
Intelligence: Skilled and experienced combatant, able to use a variety of different abilities with great skill and ability to shift between them.
Weaknesses: Martyrdom requires him to take some damage before he uses it, haunted by the sins of his past, rather easily tricked.
- Unholy Powers:
- Lust Storm: Dante is surrounded in a storm of dark energy that deals damage to enemies and protects him from weak projectiles while simultaneously weakening stronger ones.
- Sins of the Father: A magic pendant protects Dante and attacks any nearby enemy.
- Suicide Fruit: Dante slams the rotting fruit of a Suicide Tree into the ground, stunning nearby enemies.
- Holy Powers:
- Divine Armor: Instantly blinds surrounding enemies and provides protection to Dante for a short time. When active, Dante regenerates health and is highly resistant to enemy attacks.
- Martyrdom: Dante takes some damage and causes a massive explosion of holy damage to any surrounding enemies.
- Righteous Path: Dante dashes forward, leaving a trail of icy shards in his wake.
- Redemption: Dante is surrounded with a red aura, significantly increasing his attack power and speed. By using either Divine Armor or Lust Storm at the same time, Dante can increase Redemption's effectiveness.
Key: Beginning of Game | End of Game