Dagahra (ダガーラ Dagāra) is a pollution-consuming kaiju created by Toho that first appeared in the 1997 Toho film, Rebirth of Mothra II.
In the past, a race of advanced people called the Nilai Kanai created Dagahra to clean all the pollution they were releasing. Dagahra consumed the pollution but created the Barems in the process. The Barems were acidic sea stars, and Dagahra released them on the Nilai Kanai and destroyed the people. Dagahra then fell into a deep sleep, resting at the bottom of the ocean.
Thousands of years later, Dagahra was awakend again due to the rise in pollution rates in Japan. It began eating the pollution and releasing the Barems once again. The Barems attacked and killed many people on the surface. After hearing of Dagahra, Mothra Leo came and attacked it, but was put at a disadvantage when Dagahra was under the water. He was infected by the Barems, but Ghogo used his power to turn Mothra Leo into Rainbow Mothra, who now had the ability to transform into Aqua Mothra, so he could battle on equal terms with Dagahra. Mothra Leo managed to battle and defeat Dagahra, then dropped the monster's body onto the Nilai-Kanai temple, which exploded along with Dagahra, ending the monster's reign of terror once and for all.
Powers and Stats
Gender: Unknown, presumably male.
Classification: Kaiju, genetically engineered lifeform
Powers and Abilities: Flight, Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, creates creatures called Barems as a byproduct of it consuming pollution, the two cannons on its shoulders can fire either energy beams or a concentrated mixture of Barem and crystallized toxins; adept swimmer that can move at 150 knots.
Attack Potency: Planet level+ via scaling (Defeated Imago Mothra Leo who defeated Desghidorah who absorbed the life and energy out of entire planets, fought with Rainbow Mothra Leo, had Dagahra not been stopped, he would have destroyed all life in the ocean)
Speed: Hypersonic (Can fly at Mach 10)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown
Durability: Planet level+
Range: Extended Melee Range (Due to sheer size)
Standard Equipment: None notable
Weaknesses: None notable
- Irabushan Beam: Dagahra can fire an Irabushan Beam from his mouth.
- Crimson Energy Beams: Dagahra is able to fire Crimson energy beams from his dorsal fins.
- Energy Rings: Dagahra can rotate and fire Energy Rings from his body.
- Barem Tornado: Dagahra is able to create a tornado of Barems and lightning by quickly rotating himself underwater.
- Shoulder Cannons: The two cannons on Dagahra's shoulders can fire either energy beams or a concentrated mixture of Barem and crystallized toxins.
- Electrokinesis: Dagahra can fire lightning at foes.