|“||Why do I have to fight with a strong guy like this? I always envied the weak. Whenever we made friends, their souls would waste away just from being near us. Because we were so alone, we split our soul in two. I don't know which was our original form. Or perhaps, it was neither. But this was the only way we had to escape from our isolation. I so envied the weak. The weak can always find others to be around. I want to be weak. And if that's impossible, I at least want to find companions who are as strong as I.||„|
Coyote Starrk (コヨーテ・スターク, Koyōte Sutāku) is an Arrancar and the Primera (1st) Espada in Sōsuke Aizen's army, along with his other half, Lilynette Gingerbuck.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-A | 7-A
Name: Coyote Starrk
Classification: Arrancar, 1st Espada in Aizen’s Arrancar Army
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Swordsmanship, Pseudo-Flight, Ability to use Reiryoku and exert it as Reiatsu to increase the user’s offensive power and defensive abilities, Immense Aura (via Reiatsu), Can use basic Arrancar techniques (like Cero and Bala), Can sense beings with Reiatsu (with Pesquisa), Dimension Travel (via Garganta), Enhanced Hierro, Soul Separation, Multi-Afterimage Creation, BFR via Caja Negacion
Attack Potency: Mountain level+ (Able to fight evenly with Shunsui, albeit while they were both holding back, his Reiatsu alone is able to level all of Las Noches if fully released) | Mountain level+ (Took on Love, Rojuro, Ukitake and Shunsui at the same time. Was fighting with Shunsui evenly and was able to hurt him, His Cero Oscuras should be at least as strong as R1 Ulquiorra's)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Evaded both Ichigo and Kenpachi and arrived at Aizen’s side from a considerable distance away in what appeared to be in a very short time frame) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Could fight on par with Shunsui and Ukitake)
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman
Striking Strength: Mountain Class+ | Mountain Class+ (Was able to cut and wound Shunsui a few times)
Durability: Mountain level+ (Fought on par with Shunsui, tanked his Bushogoma), higher with Hierro | Mountain level+ (Tanked multiple attacks from Love and Rojuro. Also tanked attacks from Shunsui), higher with Hierro
Stamina: Very high. Vastly weaker characters can fight for days without issue and with injuries that would be fatal to even the hardiest of normal humans. Starrk himself can continue fighting despite being stabbed right through the chest.
Range: Extended melee range with his sword, several kilometres with Cero, Gran Rey Cero, Cero Oscuras.
Standard Equipment: A standard katana, 2 pistols, Caja Negación
Intelligence: Starrk is quite lazy and lackadaisical most of the time, refusing to step into a fight if he doesn't have to and even asking Shunsui if they could fake their fight so that both of them could leave it. Nevertheless, Starrk remains the skill most competent fighter out of all the Espada when sufficiently motivated, holding off two of the most powerful Captains in Soul Society and two Visored at once for an extended period of time. He is extremely observant and attentive to details, taking note of his opponent's habits and mannerisms and reacting accordingly to exploit them, proving himself an extremely intelligent and adaptive fighter. In addition, he lacks the overconfidence of many of the other Espada, going full throttle against his foes once he found a reason to fight seriously.
Weaknesses: Starrk possesses genuine laziness, he is not willing to finish off weak opponents and gives them the chance to run away.
Soul-Separation: Starrk has the unique ability to separate his soul due to his immense spiritual energy. His spiritual energy splits and turns itself into another being, which reacts to his spiritual signature.
Master Marksman: Starrk is quite skilled with his pistols when released. He can fire very precise Ceros while fighting more than one opponent, and can launch a continuous barrage of Ceros which even captain-class fighters have difficulty avoiding. He skillfully used them to block at close range against Love Aikawa.
Sonído Master: Starrk's skill and speed in Sonído is so great, it seems as though he possesses a form of teleportation, simply appearing solidly instead of shimmering for a second like other Sonído users. He avoided both Kenpachi Zaraki and Ichigo Kurosaki in order to recapture Orihime Inoue, returning her to Sōsuke Aizen within an instant. His proficiency with Sonído allows him to create multiple after-images of himself to confuse the enemy. He surprised Jūshirō Ukitake by appearing next to him after dodging an attack faster than his own post-release Cero. He also evaded various attacks by the Visored Love and Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi, along with attacks from Shunsui while fighting them.
Immense Spiritual Power: As one of the strongest Espada, Starrk possesses tremendous spiritual power. Starrk is forbidden to release his Zanpakutō inside of Las Noches because such a release could destroy the fortress. Prior to meeting Aizen, his spiritual power was unintentionally killing other Hollows just by being near them, even after splitting his spiritual energy.
Descorrer (解空(デスコレール), Desukorēru; Spanish for "Drawing Back/Opening", Japanese for "Loosed Void"): A technique used by Espada-level Arrancar, and sometimes others, to open a Garganta between the Human World and Hueco Mundo. He uses one to travel to the Fake Karakura Town.
Cero (虚閃 (セロ), Sero; Spanish for "Zero", Japanese for "Hollow Flash", Doom Blast in the Viz translation"): His Cero is blue in color. While a standard ability for Arrancar, Starrk's abilities with it are very unique. As noted by Shunsui, unlike other Arrancar, he can apparently fire a Cero without a "fighting pose", meaning he can fire it without any warning from body gestures. Starrk can charge and fire it rather quickly, leaving even less time for his target to react. He can fire his Cero from various points on his body, such as from either hand, his chin, and his chest.
- Gran Rey Cero (グラン・レイ・セロ, Spanish for "Grand King Zero", Japanese for "Royal Hollow Flash"): A variation of the Cero technique used by the Espada. By mixing their own blood with a Cero, an Espada can fire a Cero with much greater attack power and speed, in addition to having a change of color unique to them. It is many times more powerful than a normal Cero.
- Cero Oscuras (セロ・オスキュラス, Spanish for "Dark Zero", Japanese for "Black Hollow Flash"): A far more powerful Cero than an average Cero, with a vast range and massive attack power.
Bala (バラ, Spanish for "Bullet", Japanese for "Hollow Bullet"): A technique that fires hardened spiritual pressure. Less powerful than a Cero, but can be successively fired at 20 times the rate.
Hierro (イエロ, Spanish for "Iron", Japanese for "Steel Skin"): An Arrancar's outer skin with high spiritual hardness that serves as armor.
Pesquisa (ペスキサ, Spanish for "Inquiry", Japanese for "Probe Circuit"): An Arrancar's ability to measure and locate Reiatsu.
Caja Negación (反膜の匪 (カハ・ネガシオン), kaha negashion; Spanish for "Negation Box", Japanese for "Anti-Membrane of Negation"): An item given to the Espada by Sōsuke Aizen. Caja Negación is a special cube-shaped device that is intended to simulate the effects of Negación fields on the target. When used, the cube isolates and traps the subject in a separate, alternate dimension from which an Arrancar of average strength cannot escape. A Caja Negación is utilized by an Espada in order to punish their Fracción if they deem that the situation requires it. The device was not intended to be used on other Espada and as they are much stronger than the average Arrancar, an Espada would be able to escape from the alternate dimension within a certain amount of time.
Los Lobos (群狼 (ロス・ロボス), Rosu Robosu; Spanish for "The Wolves," Japanese for "Wolf Pack"): Unlike all other known Arrancar, Starrk's enormous power is not sealed in the form of a Zanpakutō. Instead, it is sealed in the form of another Arrancar, his own subordinate, Lilynette Gingerbuck, who, while a separate, distinct being, is an actual part of him.
Resurrección: The release command of Los Lobos is Kick About (蹴散らせ, kechirase; Viz: "Give Chase"). When released, he wields two ornamental pistols, each of them the same length. These pistols are actually Lilynette, for both pistols appear to house her body as well as her consciousness. She can speak through both pistols, and retains a sense of feeling via outside stimulus. Part of Lilynette's mask appears on his head, stretching from the back of his head around to the eyepiece on his left eye, with the flame pattern changing to emerge from the eyepiece and follow the mask fragment around to the back of his head. The mask itself is connected by two chains around his right eye. His Arrancar outfit changes drastically as well: his upper body is covered in a gray fur-lined jacket over a double-breasted vest, while his legs are covered in dark, skin-tight pants, with gray knee-high fur leggings covering his lower legs, and his arms are covered in gray, elbow-length fur armbands, which end at his wrists. There are ribbon-covered bandoleers emerging from his upper back and disappearing into his upper forearms. With fur-covered holsters, Starrk's released form resembles a Wild West gunslinger.
Resurrección Special Ability: Starrk's released form grants him new abilities and enhances his existing ones.
- Enhanced Hierro: Starrk's Hierro is enhanced in this form. After taking a direct hit from Love's immense Shikai, Tengumaru, and being sent crashing into the town below, Starrk ended up lying practically unharmed among the rubble while uttering only a halfhearted "ow" in response to the attack.
- Enhanced Cero Firing: Starrk can fire Ceros from his guns. According to Shunsui, his right gun fires a much stronger Cero, while the left gun Ceros are weaker, but can be fired repeatedly at a much faster speed. He claims he can fire 1,000 of these Ceros at once.
- Cero Metralleta (無限装弾虚閃 (セロ・メトラジェッタ), sero metorajetta; Spanish for "Sub-Machine Gun Zero," Japanese for "Infinite Ammunition Hollow Flash"'): Starrk uses his pistols to simultaneously unleash a powerful barrage of Ceros which, because of their density and grouping, appear to fuse together into one large Cero blast. He can change the direction of this attack while firing, making it extremely difficult to avoid.
- Colmillo (コルミージョ, Korumījo; Spanish for "Fang"): Starrk can summon spiritual energy swords from his bandoleers, which vaguely resemble the ordinary katana he wields in his sealed form, but with four curved prongs hanging off of the guard. He uses one, then two swords to combat Shunsui's dual-blade Shikai.
- Exploding Wolves: Starrk is able to summon a pack of grey wolves seemingly numbering in the hundreds. Starrk seems to be able to summon them without limit, thus overwhelming the enemy with their sheer numbers. The wolves are controlled verbally by Starrk, and will chase down the enemy with the intent to cling via a bite. Upon biting the enemy or getting close enough, the wolves erupt in explosions of varying size and power. They can be very destructive; when one exploded, it destroyed a large area of the Fake Karakura Town in a huge explosion, which dwarfed the surrounding buildings. These wolves are pieces of both Starrk and Lilynette's soul, which they can split apart and control in battle. Love states that they are like flames, for they reform from any harm done to them to continue their attack without pause. The two bandoleers on Starrk's back are the source of the wolves. This ability fuses him and Lilynette even further, for the pistols disappear and she becomes a presence in his body, allowing her to speak through him. However, the wolves possess a critical weakness; they can only harm any objects they have bitten before exploding, so if they are forced to explode by a mid-range attack like Bushōgoma, the opponent is protected from the blast.
Key: Base | Resurrección