The Core Cannon is the main weapon in the Space Invaders franchise used to destroy the Invaders. Not much is known about it, but Get Even expanded upon its story, saying that it was created as a last resort against the Aliens. Although it was successful, it quickly started an arms race that led to major wars among humanity.
In Infinity Gene, the Cannon is now more of a ship in itself with various different forms.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 7-A, likely High 6-C | At least 7-B | At least High 7-A, likely High 6-C
Name: Core Cannon (Named in Get Even), "Classic" (Named in Infinity Gene)
Origin: Space Invaders
Age: At least 30
Classification: Spaceship, Ultimate Weapon
Attack Potency: Small Island level, likely Large Island level (Can easily destroy and likely vaporize huge UFOs the size of mountains) | At least City level (Superior to any weapons humans possessed) | At least Small Island level, likely Large Island level (Can destroy ships with durability comparable to its own)
Speed: Superhuman, possibly Massively Hypersonic+ (Can dodge lightning bolts) | Unknown | At least Hypersonic+ (Can outrace explosions), possibly Massively Hypersonic+ (Can vastly outspeed lightning bolts)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown
Durability: At least Mountain level (Comparable in size to mountain-sized UFOs) | Unknown | At least Small Island level, likely Large Island level (Can tank the destruction and likely vaporization far larger than those in the original game)
Stamina: Extremely high, likely Endless
Range: Several kilometers | Unknown | Several kilometers
Standard Equipment: Ships
Weaknesses: Can only move horizontally | Unknown | None Notable
- Can vaporize both normal UFOs and Gigantic Ones
- Defeated countless Invaders
- Can outrace explosions
-Shot: Fires a regular shot, capable of vaporizing ships
-Time Stop: Bullets hitting the enemy while in Classic mode will stop time for a fraction of a second.
- Rapid: rapidly fires beams.
- Search: fires curving lasers toward the enemy.
- Wave: fires a shockwave that spreads horizontally.
- Lock-On: locks on to enemies at the front and back and fires a homing laser.
- Gravity: fires a black hole that increases in power as it sucks in enemy shots.
- Round: fires an energy blast that destroys enemy shots located opposite to the ship's direction of travel.
- Field: Automatically attacks enemies within an expanded field. The power of the attacks will increase if the field's size is cut in half.
- Option: Probes known as 'options' accompany the ship, eliminating enemy fire and attacking at your command.
- Variable: Fires an angularly adjustable laser cutter.
- Silver Hawk
- Inter Gray
- Black Fly
- Classic: fires a power beam that stops the time around enemies.
Key: Original | Get Even | Infinity Gene