Claire Rouge is the female lead of the Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance series. She is an elementalist using the flame spirit Scarlet/Ortlinde and the leader of « Team Scarlet ». As a high-class noble, she is a boxed-in princess who is unaccustomed to men.
More specifically, her family was composed of very grand nobles who served the royal family for generations ever since the founding of the Ordesia Empire. However, when her older sister, Rubia, who was serving under the Fire Elemental Lord under her title of Fire Queen, snatched the strongest flame spirit «Laevateinn» and revolted, bringing calamity to the Ordesia Empire, the outraged Fire Elemental Lord went on a rampage, including burning everything related to the Elstein family’s territory. After the Elemental Lord was calmed down, the royal family of Ordesia seized the territory of the Elsteins and Claire’s parents were sent to prison. Although they didn’t send Claire to prison, they demanded that Claire returns her spirit Scarlet to the imperial family. However, Areishia Spirit Academy headmaster Greyworth Ciel Mais protected her, saying that Claire would become an excellent elementalist at her academy. After Claire accepted Greyworth's offer, she cast away the Elstein family name and attended the academy under the alias «Claire Rouge». She decided to get stronger to win the Blade Dance festival for the sake of her one desired wish to meet her sister and to hear the truth.
As a child, Claire was shy, weak and innocent, but after the incident, Claire became a lonely and misunderstood girl, often bullied and looked down on, with a short temper and who is quick to jump to conclusions.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-B | 8-A | 7-C | Low 7-B
Name: Claire Rouge, Claire Elstein, Little Sister of the Calamity Queen, Hell Cat Girl, Darkness Queen
Origin: Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Classification: Human, Elementalist, Noble princess, Student of the Areishia Spirit Academy
Powers and Abilities: Fire Manipulation, Strategist, Spirit Contract, Spirit Transformation, Advancer Whip user
Attack Potency: City Block level | Multi-City Block level | Town level | Small City level
Speed: Superhuman with added Divine Power; Supersonic reactions and combat speed
Lifting Strength: Regular Human (Unknown with added Divine Power)
Striking Strength: Human Class (Unknown with added Divine Power)
Durability: Building level | Likely Large Building level
Stamina: Possibly Superhuman (Since the beginning of the novel, Claire has been able to fight against 2 spirits at once without using her own and without getting too much tired. She was able to fight back Rubia Elstein while having accumulated physical wounds and mental stress from 2 fights and the reveal of her sister’s true nature and goal. Can infuse her body with Divine Power for a long duration of time.) | At least Superhuman
Range: Extended melee range with whip, higher with Fire attacks
Standard Equipment: Flame Tongue (her whip)
Intelligence: Gifted (Very smart and effective team captain and strategist, Gets perfect scores on tests, Possesses vast knowledge about spirits, Astral Zero, and even politics, Can quickly adapt to situation in fights)
Weaknesses: She has a short temper, and quickly jumps to conclusions. She is also weak to strong water attacks, as well as strong earth attacks.
Feats: Took down a berserk militarized spirit with Kamito. Her strategies lead in easily beating 2 teams in the tournament. Held her own against one of the tournament favorites Luminaris Saint Leisched. Survived battling against her sister Rubia Elstein. Took on and overpowered Imperial City elementalists.
- Whip Specialist: Her spirit's elemental waffe (weapon form), Flame Tongue, is in the form of a whip. She is skilled to the level where she can use it to easily bind others – whether humans or spirits – or do short-to-long range attacks. She is also capable of deciding whether she wants to add her flame attribute into the whip. The whip is capable of cutting through almost everything, even without applying fire on it.
- Fire Ball
- Fire Wall
- Fire Projectiles
- Fire Bombs
- Fire Wave
- Fire Explosion
- Burning Ground
- Fire and Steel Resistance
- Hell Hounds: Flames that turn into two hunting hounds that can chase its target to the end.
- Flames of Elstein: Passive magic acquired after her fight against Rubia Elstein, stabilizes her magic, makes her more durable, and her fire attacks get stronger.
- End of Vermillion: The power of Flame-Burning-Flame. The strongest type of flame usable. It destroys or devours other flames, and can even annihilate weaker fire spirits. Can be applied to her elemental waffe, Flametongue.
- Weapon Form (Flame Tongue): Its sharp swing can pretty much cut everything non-magical. When fire is applied on it, even magical items and some spirits can be cut. Its strong grip can also effectively restrain its target's movement.
- Cat Form (Scarlet):
- Human Form (Ortlinde):
- Stats: All of Ortlinde's stats are at least Superhuman. Tier: At least Town Level
- Scythe User: When summoned, Ortlinde uses a massive crimson scythe that she uses very skillfully.
- Fire Manipulation (Extent unknown).
- Crimson Judgment: Effect unknown, but defeated an unharmed Luminaris Saint Leisched in one blow
Key: Base Claire | Claire with Flames of Elstein | Claire with human-Scarlet | Claire with Flames of Elstein & human-Scarlet