|“||Do you ask an enemy why they're attacking? That won't cut it from now on. No... You're going to die here.||„|
|~ Kuro threatening Illya|
Chloe von Einzbern (クロエ・フォン・アインツベルン, Kuroe fon Aintsuberun), also known as Kuro (クロ, lit. "Black"), is a twin existence formed from Ilya's original self in Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA.
Ilya was born to act as the key of the Holy Grail War system of Fuyuki, but it was never actualized in the Fate/kaleid liner world. Her parents, Kiritsugu Emiya and Irisviel von Einzbern, decided to abandon the ritual by Irisviel's choice, but Ilya still had the knowledge granted to her to act out her purpose. She had been continually tuned during her first few months of life, given the ability to understand words and different types of knowledge. Irisviel believed that an eight month old existence could not outweigh the thousand year dream of the Einzberns, so she sealed Ilya's faculties, knowledge, and memories in order to allow her to live as a normal girl. Irisviel miscalculated the process, so the sealed memories grew up inside Ilya and eventually became a second personality. Due to Ilya's ability to "grant wishes" as the vessel of the Grail leaking from the seal, this personality became powerful enough to harness the Archer Class Card and create a body for itself, becoming Kuro. She refers to herself as Illyasviel von Einzbern even after being separated, but has her name changed to avoid confusion.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-C with Kanshou and Bakuya, likely higher when using Overedge. At least 7-B with Hrunting and Caladbolg II. At least High 7-A with Excalibur Arrow
Name: Chloe von Einzbern,Kuro
Origin: Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
Classification: Human, Spellcaster, Grail Conduit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Enhanced Senses, Can copy any weapon she sees down to the soul (AKA tracing/projection), able to replicate the physical abilities and experience of the original wielder, Capable of remotely summoning and controlling her projections, Teleportation (short range), Energy Drain (via kissing)
Attack Potency: Town level with Kanshou and Bakuya, likely higher with Overedge Kanshou and Bakuya (Easily damaged a Mudied Servant; Cut through Illya's Magic Spam). At least City level with Hrunting and Caladbolg II (Destroyed Illya's Full Power Barrier). At least Small Island level with fully charged Excalibur Arrow (Stronger than Illya's and Miyu's Excalibur, at least equal or stronger than even FSN Saber's Excalibur)
Speed: Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions (Mach 15/45 respectively via scaling from Servants)
Lifting Strength: Regular Human (Lifted a lot of Projected Weapons, but can't lift her Fake Nine Lives (around 100~200kg))
Striking Strength: Town Class
Durability: At least Town level (tanked Illya's Schneiden). At least Large Town level with Fake Nine Lives (blocked lots of Miyu's Magic Spam without a scratch). At least City level with Rho Aias (blocked dozens of nameless weapons from Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon)
Stamina: High (Can fight for up to a day at full prana)
Range: Extended melee range with swords, Several dozen meters with thrown Kanshou and Byakuya, Up to around a kilometer with archery
Standard Equipment: Kanshou and Bakuya, Rho Aias, Nine Lives, Hrunting, Caladbolg II, unknown bow, Excalibur, Excalibur Arrow.
Intelligence: She's very witty compared to Illya. Very talented in close combat and battle tactics.
Weaknesses: Her prana is limited to up to a day of combat. She cannot replenish her prana by herself and thus, requires an external prana source every 3 or 4 days outside of combat. She regains it via kissing, most commonly Ilya.
Reinforcement (強化 kyouka): A magecraft that pushes the basics of magic to the utmost levels. The foundation of all thaumaturgy to enhance the existence of target by magic power but there's no clear pointer how much an object can be enhanced. It's the same as adding something to an object that is already complete, which in case of failure the target receives the magic as poison. Successful reinforcement magic requires good grasp of the inner structure to fill the weak openings with magic power. Reinforcement can improve any definite quantity like the sharpness of knife, the nourishment of food or in case a living creature the physical strength or durability. Notably because living beings resist the invasion of magic, reinforcing someone else is the hardest.
Broken Phantasm: The Destroyed Illusion (ブロークン・ファンタズム: 壊れた幻想, Kowareta Gensō): Kuro is able to overload a Noble Phantasm with large amounts of mana and shoot it as an arrow. This increases the power of the Noble Phantasm considerably and it also raises its mystery rank by an entire level. This causes the Noble Phantasm destroy itself upon impact (While this is a huge gamble for any other Servant which only has one or two Noble Phantasms at most, this does not deter Kuro at all as she can keep on projecting Noble Phantasms). On the negative side, it takes 30 to 40 seconds to charge up a Broken Phantasm.
Projection (投影 touei): Alternatively known as Gradation Air, this is a magecraft that materializes objects in accordance to the caster’s imagination. Gradation comes from the fact that the created object slowly fades away after being created, and Air is an allusion to the fact that said object is made out of “nothing”. Projection is a fairly common magic but ineffective for anything but basic use. Compared to Reinforcement, Projection is a waste of magic and the created objects are always hollow inside. Kuro, having Installed the Archer Card, is an exception, and has surprising skill at understanding the internal structure of objects.
- Tracing (トレース toresu): Heroic Spirit EMIYA's unique magecraft, available to Kuro due to having Installed the Archer Class Card. Kuro's mind records any weapon she had ever saw. She can replicate not only the shape and structure of the weapon but even the soul thus the experiences of the original wielder. The later part is especially useful when Kuro traces a Noble Phantasm because it allows her to copy a Servant's physical abilities and skills, even if it isn't perfect. The accuracy of her projections depends on Kuro's image of the weapon and her own strength of belief.
- Kanshou and Bakuya: Gan Jiang and Mo Ye (かんしょう ばくや: 干将・莫耶, Kanshō - Bakuya): Kuro's preferred melee weapons. Despite their low rank, their tracing time, dual-wielding style, and Kuro's experience with them make them very reliable. In addition, their strong bond to each other causes them to return like boomerangs when one is thrown and the other is held, even reacting to another traced copy.
- Hrunting: Kuro projects Hrunting as an arrow and shoots at the enemy.
- Caladbolg II: The Fake Spiral Sword (カラドボルグⅡ: 偽・螺旋剣, Karadoborugu Ⅱ: Gi Rasen-ken, localized as "Fake Helix Sword"): A modified version of the original Caladbolg created through Reinforcement. She tends to use it as an arrow rather than in its original function as a sword, firing it as an A- Rank Broken Phantasm to annihilate the target. During its flight, it spirals in the air, twisting space and allowing it to pierce practically any target.
- Excalibur Arrow: Kuro's current strongest attack. Kuro projects Excalibur as a projectile.
- Nine Lives: Kuro projects Nine Lives to use as a makeshift shield as she cannot lift it.
- Rho Aias: The Seven Rings The Cover the Fiery Heavens(ロー・アイアス: 熾天覆う七つの円環, Rō Aiasu: Shiten Ōu Nanatsu no Enkan, localized as "7 Rings of Heaven"): Kuro's greatest defense, the only shield able to stop Durindana, the thrown spear of Hector. It takes the form of iridescent flower petals that represent the flower that bloomed from Ajax's blood when he died.