Chise (ちせ) is the main female character of the story. Chise is a shy, clumsy girl with very little self-esteem and has poor grades in everything except for World History. She was constantly hospitalized in Tokyo during her elementary years, and thus, has very few friends (except for Akemi). She starts dating Shuji, with Akemi’s help, and tries to make her relationship work with him despite his apparently aloof personality. However, Chise is very inexperienced and does not know much about relationships to the point she reads shōjo manga for advice. She was turned into the ultimate weapon against her will and the series revolves around her and her fading humanity. As Chise’s weapon-side starts to take over, her heart stops beating, her body lacks warmth and her sense of taste and touch are dulled, but other senses (especially sight) are accentuated. Her condition worsens and her humanity seems to fade away entirely. In the final episodes of the anime, she appears to be nothing more than a cold, ruthless machine that delights in her growing, destructive powers and killing people without mercy. Her love for Shuji is the last of her humanity. Throughout the story, she tries to come to terms with her body while still trying to convince herself that she is still human. She believes that she is nothing more than a weapon designed to kill. Her boyfriend Shuji, however, is able to help her break free by showing her that she is able to protect the ones she loves, and that only a human can experience the feeling of love. This helps Chise destroy the body in which she was trapped, and she realizes that she is indeed human. This brings to question what is meant by the term "ultimate weapon" used throughout the story. Chise's soul had been the only thing that was able to destroy her body, which was claimed to be the most powerful thing in the world.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-B | At least 6-C, possibly much higher
Age: 17 years
Classification: Human | Ultimate Weapon
Attack Potency: City level (Can destroy a big city with one attack) | At least Island level, possibly much higher
Speed: Supersonic (Faster than modern fighters) | Higher
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown
Durability: Building level | At least Multi-Continent level (Can endure the planet's surface destruction)
Stamina: Low | Very high
Range: Kilometers | At least tens of kilometers
Standard Equipment: None notable
Ultimate weapon: The body Chise contains a special inorganic substance of unknown origin. It makes possible the violation of the laws of physics so that Chise creates weapons out of thin air. This substance has its own will (aggressive and angry), which, however, can be suppressed with the help of special preparations. While Chise controls this substance, its capabilities are quite limited, but when she lost control of herself, she was a truly powerful.
- Regeneration: Chise is able to recover after receiving fatal injuries. However, this takes time (The more serious the wound, the more time it takes).
- Flight: Chise is able to move freely in the air. And not just levitate, but also to maneuver in motion as she wants.
- Telepathy: Chise is able to read other people's thoughts, and send her own. This ability acts at a distance of tens of kilometers. She also is able to send interference / noise instead of the usual words / images that pretty quickly drives people crazy.
- Energy attacks: Chise is able to generate powerful energy beams. One such is sufficient to destroy at least the city, even in a limited way.
- The manipulation of matter: Even in a limited form Chise is able to manipulate matter, creating weapons out of thin air.
- The final form: Completely losing control of her weapon, Chise finally ceases to be human. It turns into something intangible that can appear into anywhere in the world. In fact, in this state, she no longer requires the physical body (but it creates it to communicate with her boyfriend). Perfect Weapon (in which almost nothing left of the human) can quickly create huge structures made of durable material (invulnerable for nuclear explosions), can use it to create and to destroy her incarnations, and to generate powerful energy beams. And her strength is so high that it could survive the end of the world (the destruction of the planet's surface).
Key: Chise | Ultimate Weapon