Chōjirō Tadaoki Sasakibe (雀部 長次郎 忠息, Sasakibe Chōjirō Tadaoki) was the Lieutenant of the 1st Division of the Gotei 13 under Captain Commander Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto. He had held his position for roughly two millennia, during which time, he rarely fought and never once used his Bankai. Although he was a Captain level Shinigami and had several opportunities to serve as a substitute Captain in the past, he turned them down as he had sworn to serve only under Yamamoto for as long as he lived.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-A. Likely at least 7-B with Bankai
Name: Chōjirō Tadaoki Sasakibe
Age: At least 2,000+ years
Classification: Shinigami, Lieutenant of the 1st Division
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Lightning Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Pseudo-Flight, Kidō user, Barrier Creation, Chi Manipulation (Can take his reiryoku and exert it as reiatsu), Can sense beings with reiatsu, Skilled Swordsman (Prerequisite for being appointed as a Lieutenant of the Gotei 13)
Attack Potency: At least Multi-City Block level (Stated to be on the level of a Captain. Should thus be on this level at least and superior to pre-time-skip Lieutenant level Shinigami such as Ikkaku Madarame, Yachiru Kusajishi, Renji Abarai). Likely at least City level with Bankai (His Bankai, while still not fully developed and a "baby Bankai" as Yamamoto put it, managed to injure and scar a much younger and fitter Yamamoto)
Speed: At least Hypersonic+ via power-scaling with Massively Hypersonic attack speed in Bankai (Should be comparable or superior in speed to pre-time-skip Ikkaku, Yachiru, Renji. His Bankai can summon and fire lightning)
Lifting Strength: Likely Superhuman
Striking Strength: At least Multi-City Block Class
Durability: At least Multi-City Block level (Superior to all other pre-time-skip Lieutenant level Shinigami but is easily knocked out by someone well above the level of an average Captain)
Stamina: High. Being a Captain level Shinigami, should be able to press on with injuries that would be fatal to normal humans. Comparable or superior to slightly weaker characters who can fight for a few days without rest.
Range: Extended melee range with Zanpakutō in sealed state and Shikai, dozens of metres with lightning attacks in Bankai, a few kilometres with weather manipulation
Standard Equipment: His Zanpakutō - Gonryōmaru
Intelligence: High. Was mostly self-taught but still became a skilled enough combatant for Yamamoto to consider appointing him as his Lieutenant. Attained and mastered his Bankai before the likes of Shunsui Kyōraku and Jūshirō Ukitake.
Weaknesses: Far out of his physical prime. Furthermore, although he has 2,000 years of experience as a high ranking officer in a formal military, he rarely fights and thus doesn't have as much combat experience as other much younger Lieutenants who regularly fight on the front lines.
- Great Spiritual Power: Being a Captain level Shinigami, Sasakibe boasts of reiryoku and reiatsu far above that of a typical Lieutenant.
- Expert Swordsman: Sasakibe is likely a proficient swordsman as this is a prerequisite for being considered for the position of Lieutenant in the Gotei 13 along with complete mastery of one's Shikai. What is most impressive about his skills is that he is mostly self-taught. However, the true level of his skill in Zanjutsu remains unknown due to the fact that he has rarely engaged in real combat over his 2,000 year career.
- Shunpo Practitioner: Being a Lieutenant of the Gotei 13 and a Captain level Shinigami, Sasakibe has decent skill with Shunpo. An example of this was when he instantly appeared behind Shinji Hirako as he talked about the barrier that the Gotei 13 placed around the fake Karakura town.
- Kidō Expert: Sasakibe is skilled enough in Kidō to open and close large and powerful barriers such as the one encompassing the fake Karakura town.
- Gonryōmaru (厳霊丸, Stern Spirit; Viz "Solemn Spirit"): In its sealed state, it looks like a regular katana with an ornate double-fanned tsuba and has sage-green wrapping on the grip.
- Shikai: Gonryōmaru's Shikai release command is "Pierce" (穿て). In its Shikai state, Gonryōmaru turns into a rapier but still retains the two-handed grip length of a typical katana rather than the one-handed grip of traditional European rapiers. Its Shikai special ability remains unknown.
- Bankai: Kōkō Gonryō Rikyū (黄煌厳霊離宮, Yellow-Glittering Royal Villa of the Stern Spirit): Sasakibe raises his Zanpakutō above his head and produces a bolt of lightning from the blade which transforms and creates a dome of lightning above Sasakibe which is held up by numerous pillars of lightning with a single pillar of lightning rising from the top of the dome towards the sky.
- Bankai Special Ability: Kōkō Gonryō Rikyū exerts an extremely powerful reiatsu which terrified Shūhei Hisagi. It is capable of manipulating the weather in a manner similar to Tōshirō Hitsugaya's Hyōrinmaru. However, Kōkō Gonryō Rikyū's power is geared toward lightning and thunder storms and conjures dark clouds. Through the use of hand gestures, Sasakibe can summon forth powerful lightning bolts to strike his opponents. Said lightning can be powerful enough to moderately injure and scar even the likes of Yamamoto.