|“||Old lady of the pumpkin carriage, please give me the test of the glass slippers. Please give me the strict and cruel test of the glass slippers that dropped my selfish and dishonest mother and sisters to the bottom of the pit of despair.||„|
Cendrillon (サンドリヨン Sandoriyon) is a character introduced in Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index. She is a French magician who was once affiliated with GREMLIN, though in truth she was merely one of the pawns used by the magic cabal by manipulating those who resented the results of World War III and desired revenge. Her magic is based on the Cinderella fairy tale. After being turned into living furniture by Marian Slingeneyer and being turned back into a human by Ollerus, Cendrillon's body gained the peculiar ability to be broken down into smaller "ingredients" and be later reconstructed without suffering any harm.
Powers and Stats
Origin: To Aru Majutsu No Index
Classification: Human, Magician
Powers and Abilities: Cinderella based Magic, healing magic, Superhuman Physical Characteristics, regeneration (Mid-Low; Higher via Body Reconstruction, but that type is not usable in combat), Invisibility
Attack Potency: Wall level (Easily destroyed a wall with a spell, can tear metal panels with her hands as if they were weaker than paper)
Lifting Strength: Regular Human
Striking Strength: Wall Class (Bends metal panels with bare hands)
Durability: At least Small Building level (Survived being rammed by a truck), possibly Multi-City Block level (Survived fifty tons of airplane fuel exploding even though quite hurt; the attack was exploiting a special weakness of her Cinderella based magic since it imitated the rising sun)
Stamina: Above average
Range: At least 500 meters with test of the glass slippers
Standard Equipment: Cinderella dress
Intelligence: Fights in a skilled and merciless way, using the allies of her opponents as shields and using their abilities against them; unknown otherwise.
Weaknesses: The concept of midnight, the same time when the magic placed on Cinderella by her Fairy Godmother wore off. The conditions of midnight like "sunrise" and "a clock that strikes twelve" are enough to render Cendrillon unable to use her abilities, and the conditions can be easily simulated by intense light or manipulating clocks to show 12:00 respectively.
- Healing Magic: Cendrillon has a simple healing spell, where she mutters a French chant and a pale blue light covers the wound and then the entire body. It seems to be potent enough to heal wounds from gunfire.
- Invisibility: Cendrillon can use a spell to turn herself invisible.
- Cinderella-based magic: Cendrillon uses magic to transform the story of Cinderella into an attack spell by overwriting religious motifs into it using the symbolism of the dress she wears. For example, by using the fact that in the tale an amateur girl was given dancing skills for a ball, Cendrillon can similarly improve her own physical skills and move at high speeds to easily dodge gunfire, with Birdway considering her likely capable of moving fast enough to casually avoid a cluster bomb dropped near her.
- Test of the glass slippers: A spell based on Cinderella's sisters trying on her glass slippers to attempt to trick the prince. Using her foot size of 22.5 cm, any feet smaller than hers will have their bones forcibly widened and if any feet are larger, toes will be severed, though Cendrillon can use a weaker version that will only dislocate the toes as a warning. Cendrillon used various chants for this spell, all asking the "old lady of the pumpkin carriage" for the test of the glass slippers. She can apparently designate conditions to the spell to establish an area of effect and a number of people to be affected by it, with a maximum shown of unlimited people in a 500 meter radius around her. Accelerator speculated that the spell could overcome his reflection, as it possibly ignores the concept of distance and vectors by working like a vodoo doll.
- Pumpkin carriage attack: She can use a spell based on Cinderella's pumpkin carriage, which causes an invisible shockwave to explode from Cendrillon's extended palm. The shockwave moves forward as if an invisible vehicle was moving through. The shockwave is powerful enough to smash a wall to pieces in a single hit. Chant: "Old lady of the pumpkin carriage, please send the carriage quickly. Send it before I wake… before I wake from this one-night dream. Please send the pumpkin carriage".
- Winner's aura: Based on Cinderella being a flawless princess in front of the prince. Since a mistake would be unthinkable, all the external factors are readjusted so that it remains that way.
- Body Reconstruction: After being turned into a table and then returned into a human by Ollerus, Cendrillon gained the ability to somehow separate herself into small parts and apparently remain alive. Those same parts are the "ingredients" that are used for her body reconstruction, though it requires that someone else follows the "cooking" instructions to the letter.