|“||INDUSTRY AND DOMINATION!||„|
|~ Caster's motto|
Caster is a Caster-class Servant able to be summoned by the protagonist in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order.
Caster's True Name is Thomas Alva Edison, the King of Inventors (発明王, Hatsumei-Ō). Rather than creating his own inventions, he specialized in improving on the inventions of others to allow them to be proliferated easily, with his most famous invention being the mass-produced lightbulb. He was known for his incredible dedication to his work and held a number of cordial friendships with other inventors, such as Charles Babbage. However, the one exception to this was his lifelong rival, Nikola Tesla. Due to distortions of history caused by the singularities, Edison has become President of the United States and his appearance was modified by the unique nature of his summoning.
Powers and Stats
Name: Caster, Thomas Alva Edison
Origin: Fate/Grand Order
Age: 84 based on the time of death of his real-life counterpart
Classification: Caster-class Servant, Heroic Spirit, President of the United States
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Technological Manipulation (Is innately skilled with machinery and can easily improve others' inventions and mass produce them), Limited Conceptual Manipulation (Can improve the concepts of others' creations), Can wipe out the Mystery that provides magecraft and Servants most of their power, Soul Manipulation (all Servants can absorb souls to replenish their magical energy)
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman (Even the weakest Servants are the stronger than the finest athletes)
Striking Strength: Town Class (Can harm Tesla)
Stamina: Virtually limitless for as long as he has mana
Range: Human melee range normally, Unknown with Inventions
Standard Equipment: His Mystic Code that takes the form of a special spandex suit that empowers him with the patriotic fervor of all other Presidents of the United States throughout all of history.
Intelligence: Thomas Edison, despite being recognized as a genius, is not as intelligent as makes himself out to be. As shown by his poor actual ratings in Territory Creation and Item Construction, he is not particularly skilled at creating his own inventions. His minions during his battles are often Charles Babbage's robots that were simply repainted and slightly tweaked. In addition, the nature of his Mystic Code often impairs his judgment by filling him with so much patriotic fervor that he is willing to forsake anything and everything to improve the United States of America. Nevertheless, he is famous for his ability to proliferate the inventions of others, allowing him to rapidly produce copies of others' inventions for a low amount of resources (as shown by his Mass Production skill) and is powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with his eternal rival, Nikola Tesla.
Weaknesses: Edison's judgment is often impaired by the patriotic fervor his Mystic Code imposes, Requires a significant amount of prep in order to mass produce robots to fight with him
-World Faith Domination: W.F.D (W・F・D ワールド・フェイス・ドミネーション, W.F.D: Wārudo Feisu Dominēshon): A Noble Phantasm that embodies Edison's "phantasmal sovereignty" for his "Three Great Inventions", the lightbulb, phonograph, and motion pictures. In doing so, he illuminated the darkness, recorded sounds that would have otherwise faded away, and projected images that represent reality, thus destroying the secrecy that maintained Mystery. As a result, he is able to expose things that gain power that being hidden or mysterious, thus "rendering concepts of immeasurable energy to nothingness." It is therefore able to eliminate the Mystery that powers magecraft and the many abilities of Servants, rendering them helpless before his might.
- Item Construction (道具作成, Dōgu Sakusei): A skill which measures one's ability to manufacture magical items. Although it is shown as EX-Rank, its actual Rank is D due to Edison's specialty in improving others' work rather than creating his own.
- Territory Creation (陣地作成, Jinchi Sakusei, alternately localized as "Area Creation"): A skill which quantifies one's ability to create a territory advantageous to them as a Magus. Although it is shown as EX-Rank, its actual Rank is D due to the fact that Edison was not a magus and did not create territories in life.
- Concept Improvement (概念改良, Gainen kairyō) Is a skill that quantifies one's ability to improve an existing concept. Due to improving countless inventions in life, Edison has an A Rank in this skill, allowing him to improve the equipment of others as well as reinforce his own concept to fight Servants that would normally be more powerful than him.
- Mass Production (大量生産, Tairyō seisan): Is a skill that quantifies one's abilities to find ways that permit the mass production of an item. Edison's record grants him an A-Rank in this skill, allowing him to quickly assemble an army of Babbage's robots and repaint them while preparing to fight the heroes.
- Shapeshifting (変化, ichiisenshin): A skill that quantifies one's ability to change their shape and form. Edison's modified bodily proportions and lion's head grant him a C-Rank in this skill, though it is purely cosmetic otherwise.