|“||Greed. Cruelty. And conceit. Those three things raised to their ultimate form and then made into one — that’s what you are. Serfs raise their crops, kings raise their countries. But you didn’t even raise a country. You did at all nothing but kill and pursue your self-satisfaction. Your nation, your followers, your legend, none of it continues after you. The only thing remaining to you is yourself.||„|
|~ Caster criticizing Gilgamesh|
Caster (キャスター) is the Caster-class Servant of Kiara Sessyoin in the Moon Cell Holy Grail War of Fate/Extra CCC.
Caster's True Name is Hans Christian Andersen (ハンス・クリスチャン・アンデルセン). A real person, born in 1805 and died in 1875 due to liver cancer. Now he is remembered as one of the Three Great Authors, but half his lifetime was full of frustration and agony.
Powers and Stats
Name: Caster, Hans Christian Andersen
Origin: Fate/Extra CCC
Age: 70 at the time of his death, but is summoned as a prepubescent boy (albeit with memories, personality, and adult voice intact)
Classification: Caster-Class Servant, one of the Three Great Authors
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Conceptual Manipulation, Plot Manipulation, Reality Warping, Can hide himself in a "Study" so he can write extensively without interruption, Skilled analyst and critic of human behavior, Skilled and superhumanly fast writer, Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy)
Attack Potency: Wall level (An abysmal fighter by Servant standards, but even the weakest Servant is ten times stronger than the strongest human)
Speed: Superhuman with High Hypersonic reactions (Has E Rank agility, but is able to write polished manuscripts at superhuman speeds and critiques the behavior of other Servants)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Wall Class (Although he has E Rank Strength, he is still stronger than the strongest modern human)
Durability: Wall level via power-scaling (He Has E-Rank Endurance and his status as an author rather than a fighter or magus makes him even weaker than Medea, who Rin Tohsaka managed to nearly beat to death with Reinforced Bajiquan)
Stamina: Virtually tireless for as long as he has prana
Standard Equipment: His final, unpolished manuscript and Noble Phantasm, Marchen Meine Lebens
Intelligence: Due to never practicing any form of magecraft in life, Caster is only able to perform basic enhancement spells. As a result, he is an abysmal fighter who is barely suitable to be a Servant and can hardly defend himself against most opponents. However, his time as an author has made him an exceptional critic of human behavior, allowing him to write volumes about a person's personality, mannerisms, abilities, and other information. This lends towards his Noble Phantasm, in which he has to write an entire manuscript in ordered to achieve its full effects.
Weaknesses: Caster has no actual combat experience and is thus a terrible fighter, is a pessimist by nature and thus does not believe in happy endings outside of the idea that "death is salvation" and thus would not mind if he is defeated. Requires significant lust (for character development) to be instilled in him to produce the greatest effect from his Noble Phantasm, which requires another target. He's a bitingly harsh and blunt critic who won't hesitate to say what he thinks, which has gotten him in trouble on more than one occasion. Is constantly bothered by the pains brought upon by his reader's perception of him, having merman scales, a burnt arm, and a slashing sensation in his throat. Does not get along with Nursery Rhyme.
Notable Attacks and Techniques:
Märchen Meines Lebens: A Story Just For You (貴方のための物語メルヒェン・マイネスレーベンス, Anata no Tame no Monogatari Meruhyen Mainesu Rēbensy): His final, unpolished manuscript, an autobiography titled, "The Fairy Tale of My Life." It was the “the supreme commentary of all my works" according to him, who once stated that "the majority of what I write are projections of myself." It is a compilation that is a record of his way of life, the author Andersen's other self in a way, as it is a manuscript with "For an author, all works are alternate selves of that very person," as its core. he true worth of the Noble Phantasm is not in this ability, but its ability to make "a single human" grow to "a single leading character" in the way an author does so by bringing forth a new story.
He must wipe the book clean, and then he begins rewriting from the beginning. The result, the extent of growth, depends on how far he can progress in the manuscript. Completing a few pages will result in only a few coincidences occurring around them, but completing all the pages and finishing the manuscript will allow for the person centered on in the story to be as they imagine themselves, growing into their highest form. Doing so allows Kiara Sesshouin to become the earth mother and reach a state close to that of a True Demon.
While it appears omnipotent as a Noble Phantasm, Caster's gloominess and fatalistic tendencies along with his pride as a writer who despises "convenient developments" means that one cannot reach their ideal self easily, with the depth and gravity of Caster's work depending on the quality of the subject's "story" and his motivation. He is particularly interested in those who are both hard-working and talented and wishes to see a person develop and grow before he deems is worthwhile to help them achieve that goal, but will write for his Master anyway regardless of his like or dislike of them due to his natural tendency towards being "helpful", as is the duty of a writer. However, as seen with Kiara, this means that the final result will leave them tremendously powerful, but far from the "ideal self" they imagined, allowing Hakuno's Servant to defeat her.
- Item Construction (道具作成, Dōgu Sakusei): A skill which measures one's ability to manufacture magical items. Caster only has a C-Rank in this skill due to the fact that he isn't a magus. However, his status as a Servant allows him to recreate most of the items from his various literary works, a trait that may be restrained by his own pessimism.
- Territory Creation (陣地作成, Jinchi Sakusei, alternately localized as "Area Creation"): A skill which quantifies one's ability to create a territory advantageous to them as a Magus. Due to not being a magus in life, Caster only has a D-Rank in this skill. Nevertheless, he is able to create a "Study" that hides him from prying eyes, including those of his Master, from which he can write and provide support.
- High-Speed Incantation (高速詠唱, Kōsoku-Eishō): The capacity to recite spells at high speeds. In Caster's case, this skill embodies the immense speed at which he is capable of generating publication drafts due to never practicing actual magecraft in life.
- Human Observation (人間観察, Ningen kansatsu) Is a skill that measure's one's ability to observe and understand people. Caster has an A-Rank in this ability, allowing him to easily make accurate hypotheses about the livelihoods and preferences of others by observing them, even if he does not know his subjects intimately. Along with his pessimism, this leads to his biting and harsh critiques of others, but these are made out of understanding rather than rejection, and it is said that here is no one more sincere when it comes to reciting tales and descriptions of the human psyche.
- Innocent Monster (無辜の怪物, Muko no Kaibutsu, localized as "Seraphic Monstrosity"): Is an attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. As a result, their appearance, abilities, and natures are modified to conform to these distortions. In Caster's case, he's painted over by the Curses of the Readers (読者の呪い, Dokusha no Noroi) as his fame as a writer has caused his readers to impress the elements of his tales onto himself, resulting in merman scales, match burns, frost bite, and slashing pain when he speaks.