|“||A nursery rhyme is a children's refrain, Tom Thumb's charming picture book, The first glimpse of Mother Goose's awakening, The sorrowful me to the lonely you, Your final wish, let's make it true.||„|
|~ Caster using her Noble Phantasm|
Caster (キャスター, Kyasutā), also called Alice (アリス, Arisu), is the Caster-class Servant of Alice in the Moon Cell Holy Grail War ofFate/Extra.
Caster's True Name is "Nursery Rhyme" (ナーサリーライム, Nāsarī Raimu?), the embodiment of Alice's feelings on the subject projected onto a Reality Marble, Nursery Rhyme, to create a Pseudo-Servant. It is not a hero in the traditional sense, but the general term for any picture book that managed to manifest itself into a corporeal existence. It is a genre deeply loved by the children of England that came into being as a reaction to the half-voiced dreams of the young. It eventually emerged as a Servant who became a champion of the innocent. It formed the foundation for the book Alice in Wonderland, what was perhaps the best known work from the author known as Lewis Carroll, which began as a series of simple rhymes told to the daughters of a family friend while rowing down the River Thames on a warm summer's day.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-B via power-scaling. At least 7-B with the Jabberwocky
Name: Caster, Nursery Rhyme, prefers to be referred to as Alice
Gender: Technically genderless, but takes the form of a young girl
Age: At least several hundred years old (embodiment of the nursery rhymes loved by children), but takes the form of a young girl
Classification: Pseudo Caster Class-Servant
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Summoning, Reality Warping, Time Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Can erase her foe's existence, Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy)
Attack Potency: City level (Managed to contend against the player's Servant in close combat despite having E-Rank Strength), At least City level with The Jabberwocky (The Jabberwocky is stated to be more powerful than Servants, utterly dominated the player's Servant and forced them to retreat until they acquired the Vorpal Blade, defeated both Nero and Lancer in the manga)
Speed: Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic combat speed via power-scaling (Mach 15 with Mach 45 Reactions)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: City Class via power-scaling, At least City Class with the Jabberwocky
Durability: City level via power-scaling (Managed to parry attacks from the player's Servants)
Stamina: Virtually tireless for as long as she has mana
Range: Human melee range normally, several dozen meters with magical attacks, Planetary with her Noble Phantasm
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable
Intelligence: While she generally acts child-like and carefree like her Master, Caster is more pragmatic and logical, not hesitating to try and erase the existence of the player despite Alice's liking for them in order to protect her. She is skilled in a variety of magic derived from fairy tales and is also quite capable in hand-to-hand combat, fighting the player's Servant with nothing but her magecraft and her bare fists during her final battle with the player.
Weaknesses: The Jabberwocky can be weakened and defeated with the help of the Vorpal Blade (which needs to be created, as it doesn't exist outside of Carroll's fairy tale), Caster is more interested in preserving her time with Alice and making her happy than actually winning, prolonging her battle with the player to give Alice more playtime, does not get along with Hans Christian Anderson.
Notable Attacks and Techniques:
The Queen's Glass Game: Perpetual Engine - Maiden Empire (永久機関・少女帝国クイーンズ・グラスゲーム, Eikyūkikan - Shōjo Teikoku Kuīnzu Gurasu Gēmu): The Anti-World Noble Phantasm used by Caster. She assumes the form of her Master's desires, and it can be called the ultimate manifestation of Alice's dream. It winds the battle back to the beginning upon use, meaning that the battle will be endless unless Caster is defeated during the time between uses.
Nursery Rhyme: A Story For Somebody's Sake: (誰かの為の物語ナーサリー・ライム, Nāsarī Raimu: Dare ka no Tame no Monogatari) An Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm that allows Caster to shape her Master's desires into reality through a Reality Marble. Due to Alice's interest in nursery rhymes, this takes the form of settings and characters from such works, particularly Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.
- Jabberwocky (ジャバウォック, Jabawokku): Caster is able to recreate the eponymous monster of legend from Lewis Carroll's The Jabberwocky, a creature so powerful that it is initially mistaken for a Berserker-class Servant, overwhelming foes with brute force. It managed to overpower both Saber and Lancer at once in the manga, forcing them to retreat. No matter how much damage the Jabberwocky takes, it will be restored for as long as Caster has magical energy, ignoring anti-regenerative curses like the one bestowed upon Gae Bolg. In addition, it can further raise its power through the use of a self-buff skill called Alice Eater.
- Nameless Forest: (名無しの森, Nanashi no Mori) A Reality Marble created as a playground for Alice and Caster to frolic around in. It is a seemingly endless forest and plain set against a blue sky with a garden in the center, in which a table covered in food and tea and is modeled after the Mad Hatter's tea party. Within this Reality Marble, all except for Alice and Caster will have the ego's chipped away, gradually making others forget their name, who they are, and why they are there before finally forgetting their entire existence and fading away. Attempting to retrieve information like their identity or the names of others from their memory does not work, feeling a disturbance like slipping against smooth stone. The only way to break the spell is to be prepared for it in advance, writing one's name down and reading it aloud is enough to break it.
- Territory Creation: (陣地作成, Jinchi Sakusei?, alternately localized as "Area Creation") A Caster Class Skill that denotes one's ability to modify their surroundings into one advantageous to them. Due to possessing a Reality Marble, Nameless Forest, Caster's effective rank in this skill is A.
- Self-Modification: (自己改造, Jiko Kaizō?, localized as "Metamorphosis") A skill that measure's one's ability to attach the flesh of other's to one's body and modify it. Due to her A Rank in this skill, Caster can take virtually any form her Master wishes, but remains as Alice's mirror image during her time in the Moon Cell.
- Shapeshifting: (変化, ichiisenshin?) An ability refers to both borrowing bodies and changing one's appearance. Due to her A+ in this skill, Caster takes the form of her Master, Alice as a result of the latter's wishes to have someone she can talk to and relate to due to her loneliness.
- Frenzied March Hare (三月兎の狂乱, Sangatsu Usagi no Kyōran): Caster sends forth a localized tornado with a dance, blowing targets away.
- The Plains of Winter (冬の野の白き時, Fuyu no No no Shiroki Toki): Caster dances in place, bringing forth an icy gust that flash freezes the area, causing jagged pillars of ice to rise up in an attempt to impale the target.
- White Queen's Enigma (白の女王様のなぞなぞ, Shiro no Joō-sama no Nazonazo): A magical enchantment that allows Caster to chip away at her foe's magical resistance with her physical blows, leaving them more vulnerable to her other attacks.