Caster is one of the Servants of the Grand Orders, first appearing as an ally to Ritsuka Fujimaru in Singularity F, Fuyuki.
His true name is Cú Chulainn, Ireland's legendary Child of Light, a great hero of the Ulster Cycle. A demigod, the son of the mortal woman Deichtine, the younger sister of King Conchobar mac Nessa, and Lugh, the god of the sun. He was born Sétanta, taking on his best known name after slaying the guard dog of the master blacksmith Culann. Ashamed of his actions, he offered to become Culann's guard dog to make up for this loss, and was ever since known as "Culann's savage dog".
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B, 7-A with Wicker Man, higher with Ochd Deug Odin
Name: Caster, Cú Chulainn, Sétanta, the Child of Light.
Origin: Fate/Grand Order
Classification: Caster-class Servant, Heroic Spirit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses (Can sense others through their mana signatures), Rune Magic, Forcefield Creation (Can create barriers for defensive purposes, and to block off escape for his opponents), Fire Manipulation), Elemental Manipulation, Healing, Statistics Amplification (Can temporarily boost his Noble Phantasms and parameters with specific Runes), Memory Manipulation, Curse Manipulation, Duplication (Can create a body double out of wood), Plant Manipulation (Can create large thickets and create wooden duplicates of himself), Clairvoyance (Can use Runes to employ effects that correspond to the Clairvoyance skill), Summoning (Can summon wolf familiars and giants made out of burning wicker), Power Nullification (Ochd Deug Odin nullifies status enhancements and continuously active passive abilities), can easily predict the paths of incoming projectiles, Soul Manipulation (All Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy), Intangibility and Invisibility in spirit form, Resistance to Magic (Including effects such as Petrification, Spatial Manipulation, and Mind Manipulation), Immunity to Modern Weapons (Servants are Divine Mysteries that cannot be harmed by modern weapons such as guns, knives, or bombs unless they are infused with a supernatural aspect such as magical energy or possess a certain amount of age or mystery behind their creation), Regeneration (Mid-Low; all Servants possess regenerative capabilities)
Attack Potency: At least City level (Can contend with Archer in close combat and instantly defeat Lancer Medusa with a single fire pillar), Mountain level with Wicker Man (A complete manifestation managed to defeat Saber Alter in First Order, and it should be comparable to a thrown Gáe Bolg), higher with Ochd Deug Odin (An A-rank Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm and thus should be stronger than Wicker Man).
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (While slower than his Lancer counterpart, he was still able to keep up with Archer).
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least City Class, Mountain Class with Wicker Man
Durability: At least City level, Mountain level with runic barriers (His Lancer counterpart can create barriers that can block great Noble Phantasms, and as a Caster, he is superior to him in this regard).
Range: Extended melee range, Tens of Meters with runes, further with Ochd Deug Odin.
Standard Equipment: His staff.
Intelligence: Caster retains the laid-back demeanor of his Lancer counterpart, but fully showcases his mastery of Primordial Runes that the latter once boasted about in this class vessel. As evidenced by his A-Rank proficiency in Rune Magic, he is able to assail foes with powerful blasts of sweltering heat and flame to keep them on his toes while deftly deflecting oncoming attacks with his staff. His prowess is further emphasized in First Order, where he easily defeats Lancer Medusa with Shielder's assistance by leading her about before catching her off guard with a hidden Ansuz rune and finishing her with another burst of fire projectiles. He then goes on to defeat Archer in single combat, nullifying the latter's strongest Noble Phantasms with pre-prepared runes and evenly dueling him in close combat despite his class's abysmal performance in that area. He also shows a keen eye for strategy as well as a pragmatic mindset in these situations, attacking Archer after blinding him with one of Olga's stones and ambushing Saber Alter while she was in the midst of charging her Noble Phantasm.
Weaknesses: Caster must draw his runes in the air or on a suitable surface to cast his magecraft, but this usually only takes a moment. Cannot fight in Spirit Form.
Notable Attacks / Techniques:
|“||Retribution, the shrine that cleanses the evil of human affairs, the one who destroys! Wicker Man!||„|
|~ Caster using Wicker Man|
- Wicker Man: Cage of Scorching, Consuming Flames: A Noble Phantasm that allows Caster to summon a massive, burning giant that seeks sacrifices. Embodying the legends of the Celtic Druids' rituals of human sacrifice, the giant's hollow nature symbolizes its innate nature to seek offerings for the gods. Instead of summoning one bigger giant, he can summon multiple smaller ones, as shown when he was teaching Mash how to activate her Noble Phantasm. In First Order, Caster demonstrates the ability to quickly manifest a portion of this giant to attack his foes, restraining and crushing Archer in its grip before slamming him into the floor in a burst of flame. He also displays the ability to use this Noble Phantasm defensively, rapidly growing numerous trees around himself to intercept Archer's arrows and creating a wooden duplicate of himself to avoid Archer's killing strike and retaliate by causing said duplicate to detonate.
- Ochd Deug Odin: Great God Carved Seal: Caster's trump card, also known as Matrix Wodan, activated by simultaneously invoking all eighteen of the original runes taught to him by Scáthach, alongside the release of its True Name. In doing so, he summons the power of the great god of Northern Europe to rain heavy magical damage upon all of his foes. In addition, all surviving enemies will have their status enhancements and bonuses removed while special, continuously active techniques will be temporarily deactivated.
- Territory Creation: A skill which quantifies one's ability to create a territory advantageous to them as a Magus. Caster can create a Workshop, and can even simulate Scáthach's Gate of Skye by drawing runes on the air and ground, though this is a secret technique. He utilized it to completely nullify Archer's Caladbolg II by blocking it with it.
- Disengage: The ability to break away from combat. Due to having C Rank proficiency in this skill, it also has the bonus ability of returning the conditions of a fight back to what they were when it started.
- Divinity: The measure of one's Divine blood, reflected in high ranks by the user becoming part Divine Spirit, though it decreases if the user dislikes the gods. It allows Caster to reduce "purge defense" in proportion to the rank of his Divinity, allowing him to break through defensive abilities such as Achilles' Andreas Amarantos. Cú Chulainn is the son of Lugh, the God of Light, who possessed every skill, and thus has B-rank Divinity.
- Protection from Arrows: A skill that provides increased defense against ranged attacks through the prediction of the projectiles' trajectories, whether through hearing the air being cut or sensing an enemy's killing intent. As long as the shooter is within Caster's line of sight, he can track down their projectiles and defend against them easily, but it offers no protection against extremely long range attacks, those a great area-of-effect, or attacks that detonate on impact. Caster's A-rank in this Skill is superior to his B-rank as a Lancer, and he could already effortlessly deflect Archer's projectiles and True Assassin's dirks, even when they were thrown from multiple directions, in between Lancer's swings, and in his blind spots.
- Rune Magic: A skill that measures one's knowledge of this type of Northern European Magecraft. Caster's mastery of all eighteen runes is fully displayed when he is summoned as a Caster, as evidenced by his A-rank in this skill.
- Ansuz: By drawing Ansuz in the air or carving into the ground, Caster can use powerful fire magic that can be cast with a simple hand gesture, burning down all of Einzbern Castle when used on the verge of death. This spell was able to defeat a Lancer-class Servant, one of the Knight Classes known for their Magic Resistance, with only a few uses. He has also demonstrated the ability to lay traps with this rune, carving the rune into the floor to be detonated remotely once his opponent crossed it.
- Ath nGabla: A spell involving the runes Algiz, Nauthiz, Ansuz, and Inguz in successive order, it prevents all who see it from retreating and prevents them from refusing one-on-one combat.
- Berkano: Using stones as a medium, the Berkano rune allows Lancer to track his opponents.
- Ehwaz: A Rune of hardening, it enhances the durability of items its carved into as well as the amount of power that can be exerted through them. This allows Bazett Fraga McRemitz to easily smash through human heads when carved into her gloves. Caster's version should be far superior.
- Kenaz: A Rune that can be used to enhance one's eyesight.
- Unknown Barrier Spell: Caster can use Runes to create barriers powerful enough to block a great Noble Phantasm.
- Unknown Memory Spell: By inscribing an unknown set of runes into an item, it can be used to erase the memories of those attacked by it.
- Unknown Magic Resistance Spell: Caster can use Runes to employ effects that correspond to the Magic Resistance skill.
- Unknown Clairvoyance Spell: Caster can use Runes to employ effects that correspond to the Clairvoyance skill.