|“||Allow my perfection to enlighten you... I'll shine upon you with this perfect light! This is the optimal time! Katoptron Katho Phlegon!||„|
|~ Archimedes using his Noble Phantasm|
Caster (キャスター, Kyasutā) is a Masterless Caster-class Servant granted with control over the security of the SE.RA.PH in the Moon Cell Holy Grail War. He is an independent Servant in the conflict of Fate/Extella.
Caster's True Name is Archimedes (アルキメデス, Arukimedesu), a Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer. He is a "celebrated genius in human history" who made numerous breakthroughs in a variety of fields, including the principle that bears his name.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-C with magecraft, likely 7-B with Katoptron Katho Phlegon
Name: Caster, Archimedes
Classification: Caster-Class servant, Heroic Spirit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Summoning (Can summon his various inventions to him whenever necessary), Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy), Minor Resistance to Causality Manipulation and is Immune to Conventional Weaponry, Able to concentrate Sunlight into a powerful heat ray via Katoptron Katho Phlegon
Attack Potency: Town level with Magecraft (Should be comparable to Caster and Saber), likely City level with Katoptron Katho Phlegon (As a B-Rank Anti-Army Noble Phantasm, it should be somewhat comparable to the B+ Ranked Gáe Bolg: The Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death).
Speed: Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions via power-scaling (Can compete with most other Servants in combat, including those with A-Rank Speed), Lightspeed attack speed with Katoptron Katho Phlegon
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman (Even the weakest Servant is stronger than the strongest human)
Striking Strength: Town Class with his inventions
Stamina: Tireless as long as he has enough magical energy
Range: Several meters with normal attacks, several hundreds of meters with his noble phantasm
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Archimedes was among the most prominent intellectuals of his time. A revolutionary mind in the fields of mathematics, physics, engineering, astronomy, and hydrostatics, he is able to act impartially and entirely on logic to make the best possible tactical decisions with the information he has on hand. After being infected by the Velber, he became coldly manipulative, turning the three factions of Extella's conflict against each other for his own ends and only failing to achieve his goals once the similarly perceptive Altera catches onto his plans. This took many battles though, and he is able to hold his own against swarms of Effigies and take on other Servants in direct combat through his inventions.
Weaknesses: He is somewhat arrogant and a perfectionist, His Velber infection is eroding away at his sanity
- Katoptron Katho Phlegon: Clustered Straws, Burn Out Like the Moon (カトプトロン カトプレゴン: 集いし藁、月のように燃え尽きよ; Katoputoron Kapuregon: Tsudoishi wara, tsuki no yō ni moetsukiyo): also known as Κατόπτρων Κατω φλέγον (Greek for "Lower Burning Mirrors") is the Noble Phantasm of Archimedes and the optical weapon used to burn the warships anchored in the Syracuse's shore in Archimedes' legend. The West European world had for a long time completely forgotten about Archimedes' circumstances (his biography was published around the 5th~6th Century, but there was no mention of him afterward), but he was reclaimed by Ancient Greece's literature and scholarship and became a topic of intense debate during the Renaissance. Among others, a current rumor that was considered a sensational conversation topic was this invention that set the enemies ships ablaze. In the present world, no matter what kind of experiment you do, you can't burn a ship with mirror reflections. This indicates that there was still mana in the atmosphere around the time he was alive. Archimedes took in not only the sunlight, but the mana around him and developed a Mystic Code exposed to the public as a heat ray.
- High-Speed Incantation (高速詠唱, Kōsoku-Eishō): is the capacity to recite spells at high speeds. Archimedes' A-Rank in this skill allows him to summon and activate his inventions almost instantly despite the normally lengthy casting time a modern magus would require.
- Item Construction (道具作成, Dōgu Sakusei): is a Caster-class skill. It is the skill to manufacture magical items. Archimedes' A+ Rank in this skill is a further testament to his ability to engineer Mystic Codes, including his Noble Phantasm.
- Technique Elucidation (術理解明, Jutsu Rikai Mei): is a skill that allows one to interpret and restore practically anything that can be defined as a formula. From a magus' standpoint can repair magecraft, damaged circuits, and even magic crests, feats which are considered to be impossible in the modern era. While an extremely unique skill that can be described as priceless and an "esoterica among esoterica" in the magical world, it is virtually useless in combat outside of preparing and repairing his inventions.
- Aptitude for Slaughter (Tools) (殺戮技巧 (道具), Satsuriku Gikō (Dōgu)): is a skill possessed by Heroic Spirits fitting the Assassin or Berserker classes. Due to this skill, Archimedes' inventions have a particularly affinity for slaughtering humans, even when he does not wish them to. As a result, all of his attacks deal additional damage to humans.