|“||There are days that are the worst days. There are days that tear hope down and stamp on it. Days when the horror gets so thick you think you might drown. But even on those days, we can stand up. We can fight. We can rise. And I will stand and fight and rise alongside you. My name's Sam Wilson. I'm Captain America. And that's what I do.||„|
|~ Sam Wilson|
Sam Wilson is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer-editor Stan Lee and artist Gene Colan, and introduced in Captain America #117 (Sept. 1969), the character is mainstream comics' first African-American superhero. Falcon uses mechanical wings to fly and has limited telepathic and empathic control over birds. Following Steve Rogers' retirement, Sam Wilson becomes the newest Captain America and leader of the Avengers.
The Falcon's deceased nephew was the Incredible Hulk's sometime-sidekick Jim Wilson, one of the first openly HIV-positive comic-book characters. Jim Wilson's father Gideon Wilson would go on to join the Gamma Corps. Gideon would presumably be Sam's older brother. Sam also has a sister named Sarah Casper and a nephew, named Jody Toby Casper and an unnamed niece.
Anthony Mackie portrays Falcon in the 2014 Marvel Studios film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and reprises his role in Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Ant-Man (2015) and Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Powers and Stats
Tier: Likely 9-C
Name: Sam Wilson/Falcon/Captain America
Origin: Marvel Comics
Classification: Adventurer, crime fighter; former freelance artist, Social Worker, urban planner
Powers and Abilities: Peak Human Conditioning, Expert Martial Artist, Master Acrobat, Master Aerialist
Attack Potency: Likely Street level
Lifting Strength: Class 1
Striking Strength: Street Class
Durability: Likely Street level. His shield can withstand at least Solar System level attacks.
Range: Melee range, at least hundreds of meters with his shield throw
- Falcon's Wings/Captain America's Uniform: Black Panther supplied Falcon with a new costume and wings. An emitter array on Falcon's back creates holographic "hard light" wings with a maximum wingspan of up to 50 feet (15 m). Controlled by a cybernetic link, the wings can be instantly reconfigured into "dozens of different cruise configurations". A "magnetic drive", in turn, provides the thrust needed to get Falcon airborne. The emitter also possesses GPS Jamming Devices that prevent satellite tracking, while the hard-light wings interfere with infra-red tracking. A Vibranium microweave was added to the costume itself, making Falcon resistant to small arms fire. The entire system is controlled mentally through cybernetic circuitry in the Falcon's mask. The costume has in the past featured a hidden "talon," a cybernetically controlled grappling line built into the gauntlets of his costume which he uses to entangle opponents, hook objects, or for swinging and climbing when his wings are detached. The costume's visors come equipped with various capabilities, including infrared lenses, giving him the ability to see objects by their infrared signature at night, magnification capabilities, and remote imaging sensors that allow a full 360 degree of vision when activated. The cowl also has a wide band receiver and transmitter with an unspecified range. The suit was originally built by Wakandan scientists, with costume modifications by Desmond Burrell. The wings have been modified by Tony Stark, as Sam said after saving New York from Zola's bomb, making them in full-vibranium: they've been capable of absorbing the whole explosive power of the bomb, saving Falcon from certain death.
- Avengers Identicard
- Captain America's Shield
Intelligence: Sam has been trained by Captain America in multiple martial arts making him a dangerous combatant. His skills enable him to defeat some of the greatest trained and skilled martial artists in the world such as multiple elite Spetsnaz soldiers at a time and superhumans as strong as the Wrecking Crew members.
Weaknesses: None notable
- Sam’s fight with Crossbones breaks stone statues and his kick sends Crossbones flying
- Breaks metal chain bindings along with some metal
- Staggers and draws some blood from Armadillo
- Easily shrugs off crashing into a metal pole
- Keeps fighting after crashing into a bus and having a bus slammed on him
- Keeps fighting after crashing through a building
- Tanks a direct hit from Armadilllo, a 25 tonner twice
- Remains on his feet and fights back despite being stabbed and slashed
- Flies to low orbit in seconds
- Weaves through blaster fire and gunfire
- Moves after a bullet is fired, turning a lethal shot into a shoulder one
- Deflects a bullet towards an enemy’s head
- Takes out three goons with a single shield throw
- Breaks metal supports with a single shield throw
- Disarms a gunman
- 360 no scopes some thugs.
- Fights Batroc the Leaper and seems evenly matched until Ian jumps in
- Temporarily fights off a multitude of villains, some superhuman, while protecting an Inhuman child
- Holds his own against Crossbones despite having been shot in the shoulder and having his face cut
- Easily takes out Sin despite his previous injuries
- Gains the upper hand on Baron Zemo despite his injuries sustained from his fight with Armadillo
- Beats Ian Zola while hallucinating from fear gas.
Note: Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.