|“||I'll save the oppressed youkai. That is my chosen calling as a magician.||„|
|~ Byakuren Hijiri|
Byakuren Hijiri (聖 白蓮) is a Buddhist nun and magician, sealed away by humans for the kindness she showed Youkai, before being released from her seal during the events of Undefined Fantastic Object. Originally a human, Byakuren turned to magic to escape old age after the death of her brother, and became a Youkai. Realizing that her prosperity and power relied on the human fear and belief of Youkai, Byakuren worked to protect other Youkai while making herself out to be a great Youkai hunter. However, she eventually grew to genuinely care for the Youkai she protected. When the humans who had flocked behind her realized this, they punished her by sealing her deep within Makai; however, her followers would, thousands of years later, free her.
Powers and Stats
Name: Byakuren Hijiri
Origin: Touhou Project
Age: Unknown. At least 1000 years old.
Classification: Youkai Magician (formerly human), Buddhist Nun
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Magic, Enhanced Senses, Immortality (Type 1), expert in close combat, Specializes in "buffing" magic that boosts her physical capabilities, Danmaku
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Comparable to other high tiers)
Lifting Strength: Likely Regular Human normally. Much higher with magical amplification
Striking Strength: Up to Large Planet Class with magical amplification
Durability: Large Planet level with magical amplification
Range: Many meters
Standard Equipment: A motorcycle.
- The Sorcerer's Sutra Scroll: The scroll that Byakuren carries with her. It contains and is formed out of the incantations she needs to use her magical powers. It is lighter than a paper scroll and can contain a virtually infinite amount of information. It does not deteriorate over time, and contains its own will - only Byakuren can wield it. It comes with an auto-chanting mode - by waving it over her head, Byakuren can make it automatically recite its incantations for her.
Intelligence: Byakuren was capable of manipulating a nation into believing she was a great youkai hunter while secretly being a youkai who aided youkai, and she is capable of keeping up politically in the religious conflicts with Miko.
Weaknesses: Byakuren needs her Sutra Scroll to call upon the full extent of her abilities, and without her magic she is only as physically strong as a human. She dislikes conflict and avoids killing.
- Magic: Following the death of her brother and the ensuing fear of death she developed, Byakuren began studying dark magic to restore her youth. Now, she specializes in magic that "buffs" her physical capabilities, granting her significantly increased strength and speed, along with enhanced senses. Without these powers, she is only as strong as an average human, though her Sutra Scroll can automatically recite them if need be. Despite being called a saint, Byakuren's powers are truly demonic in nature, though she also derives much of her magical power from her devotion to Buddhism.
- Durga's Soul: A single fierce strike after defending with body-strengthening magic.
- Garuda's Talons: After putting some vertical distance between them, she charges at the opponent with a strong diagonal kick. Hijiri's fierce speed is combined with the vertical distance, augmenting the abnormal movement even further.
- Hanuman's Dance: After strengthening her body with a chant, she performs a slash with a forward step using the sword that emerges from the single-pronged vajra.
- Indra's Thunder: She throws Buddhist rosaries enchanted with magic power, and causes lightning.
- Skanda's Legs: Focusing her physical power on a single point, she increases her movement speed, quickly closing in on the opponent and striking them with multiple blows.
- Virudhaka's Sword: She throws the single-pronged vajra with all her might, as if it's a huge lance.
- Virupaksa's Eyes: Overwhelms any nearby enemy with fighting spirit emanating from Hijiri. In addition to nullifying projectile strikes, it erases any wide-range enemy danmaku as well.
- Heaven Sign "Brilliance of Mahavairocana": She focuses her concentration to the limit, and compresses her magic power at the same time. Sensing a momentary gap in her opponent's attack, and performs a counter against it with a blow of magic power.
- Heaven Sign "Five-Element Mountain of Shakyamuni": Hijiri's faith changes into the hand of the Buddha, and flattens the enemy to the ground with a single welcome strike.
- Heaven Sign "Master of the Great Trichiliocosm": She throws a single-pronged vajra to stop the opponent from moving, closes in, and beats them up with multiple blows at full strength.