Jaime Reyes is the third Blue Beetle, successor to Dan Garrett and Ted Kord. Using the alien Blue Beetle Scarab, he manifests a weaponized exo-skeleton to become a teenage super-hero. Growing up in El Paso, Texas he is a Mexican-American; his two best friends Brenda and Paco assist him as a crime-fighter. He has been a member Justice League International, the Posse and the Teen Titans. Jaime Reyes was created by Keith Giffen, John Rogers and Cully Hamner, first appearing in Infinite Crisis.
Powers and Stats
Name: Jaime Reyes
Origin: DC Comics
Classification: Human bonded with Alien Tech
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration, Shapeshifting, A.I. Uplink, Tracking Systems, Scarab Sight, Hacking, Energy Manipulation & Absorption, Adaptation, Teleportation, Time Travel Manipulation, Telepathic Resistance, Time Dilation, Atomic Bombs, Neural Scramblers, Cryo-Blaster, Drones, Electrocution, Magnetism Manipulation, Forcefields, Radiation, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Anti-Magic Bubbles, Sound Manipulation, Blade Creation
Lifting Strength: At least Class 10 (Can easily carry trucks)
Standard Equipment: Khaji Da "The Blue Beetle Scarab"
Intelligence: Very High working along with the Scarab
- Green Lantern Corps: The Scarab sees the Green Lantern Corps as the 'enemy'. In Jaime's first few days as the Beetle, the Scarab did everything in its power to get him away from the Lanterns - up to and including shifting him outside the universe. As Jaime's experience with the Scarab's armor has developed, the Scarab has taken a more aggressive approach against the Lanterns, urging Jaime to kill them.
The Green Lantern rings, for their part, fear the Scarab, responding in different ways depending on their wielders (e.g. John Stewart's sparks, as if afraid, while Guy Gardner's induced what can only be described as a 'super-migraine', along with an intense desire to kill the Scarab's bearer). Truce With Nature: The Scarab will not hurt nature, or the magical creatures thereof (beings who draw their power from the Green, for example), of its own volition.
- Alien Sentience: The Scarab's sentience is distinctly alien; while it won't hurt /nature/, it has shown no such reluctance when it comes to humans, being willing to injure or kill them. Fortunately, Jaime has so far prevented it from killing anyone.
- Reach Tech: The Scarab's armor can be breached by the weapons of other Scarabs. Equally, however, the Scarab is able to breach other Scarabs' armor.
Originally, the Scarab was unable to attack the Reach and their technology. Jaime overrode the Scarab's programming, 'reprogramming' it so that it was able to fight the Reach. Magic: While the Scarab is aware of magic, it doesn't understand it. It's able to perceive, absorb, and disrupt magical energies, but little else. As a result, creatures of magic are often a significant challenge. The Scarab can't analyze certain mystical creatures, and so is unable to develop countermeasures for them. When faced with certain other mystical entities, such as the Spectre, the Scarab panics, offering Jaime ever more powerful weapons to take them on.
- Magnetic Shielding: Strong magnetic fields block the Scarab's ability to track DNA.
- Dispelling The Armor: Dispelling the armor originally caused Jaime intense pain. As time has passed, however, Jaime has found the process getting easier.
Note: Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.