The Blood-Starved Beast, also known as the Thirsty Beast, is a deformed, quadrupedal creature whose skin is peeled off and hanging from its back. Much like the Cleric Beast, it also has a malnourished, skeletal appearance. Although it may look like a weak creature, at first sight, its erratic and nimble movements make it a formidable foe for hunters. It is suggested that the Blood-Starved beast was a person receiving blood healing as a part of rituals performed by Healing Church members in Old Yharnam in order to learn more about the Great Ones and the effects of blood healing.
Powers and Stats
Name: Blood-Starved Beast, the Thirsty Beast
Classification: Human Mutated by the Old Blood
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Comparable to The Hunter)
Striking Strength: Building Class+
Durability: Building level+ (Can take hits and visceral attacks from The Hunter)
Range: Standard melee range, several meters with poison
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Below Average
Weaknesses: Somewhat vulnerable to fire, Can be distracted by the presence of blood
- Claw Swipe: Raises its right arm and whips it in front of it. Additional attacks may follow if the opponent remains close.
- Lunging Swipe: Stands up while raising its right arm and then lunges forward while swiping claws.
- Lunging Grab: The beast lunges at and grabs the player before biting them. Inflicts Slow Poison. Before executing this attack, the Blood-Starved Beast will momentarily pause.
- Rapid Slashes: The Blood-Starved Beast moves in close and unleashes an extended string of rapid slashing attacks. Each successive slash carries the creature forward. More slashes are added to this attack depending on how injured the Blood-Starved Beast is.
- Poison Explosion: Moves away from player and stands still for a bit, then releases a burst of poison, which also creates a poisonous aura around the Blood-Starved Beast.