The Black Panther (T'Challa) is a fictional character appearing in publications by Marvel Comics. Created by writer-editor Stan Lee and penciller-co-plotter Jack Kirby, he first appeared in Fantastic Four #52 (July 1966). He is the first black superhero in mainstream American comics, debuting several years before such early African-American superheroes as Marvel Comics' the Falcon and Luke Cage, or DC Comics' Tyroc, Black Lightning and Green Lantern John Stewart.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 9-B | Unknown
Origin: Marvel Comics
Age: Likely in his 30s or 40s
Classification: Human, King of Wakanda, Avenger
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses (especially smell, can detect and memorize up to 10,000 different scents and detect scents from miles away), master martial artist, supergenius intellect
Lifting Strength: Potentially Class 5+ (Has stopped a charging Elephant) | Unknown (can fight Namor)
Stamina: Peak human level+
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: A suit of Vibranium-coated armor, including retractable claws made out of Antarctic Vibranium (anti-metal), which are capable of dissolving any other metal on contact, even Adamantium, Vibranium Energy Daggers, Various magical artifacts
Intelligence: Supergenius. He is among the top 10 smartest men on the planet, has a Ph.D. in physics from Oxford University, is a brilliant inventor, extremely skilled tactician and strategist, and has the skills to run a powerful nation. In addition, he is a master of many martial arts styles, is a great gymnast and acrobat, a skilled hunter and tracker, and has many years of direct fighting experience against all kinds of foes.
Weaknesses: None notable
- T'Challa is stated to be the 8th smartest man in the world.
- He considers Reed Richards to be one of the only people that can keep up with him and creates shadow physics
- Shows how he is at least as smart as Tony Stark after beating him when they both had prep time for the fight. Infact he beats Iron Man on 3 different Occasions in Vol 3 within a Few Issues of each other. Here is one of the other instances
- Has a contingency plan for beating Galactus, he also has these for just about everyone.
- Listing just a few of his expertise.
- Created the techno jungle under Wakanda.
- In Ten minutes he creates a device that Dampens Psionic abilities
- Tony States he and Reed are the smartest people he knows
- Deduce Black Dragon was behind a plot he was caught in
- Detective Skills
- Lift Giant wheel then snaps through steel chains
- Wrestles a Crocodile
- Wrestles a Lion
- Breaks Super Skrull's arm
- Breaks Super Skrull's leg
- Tosses around robotic animals and stops an elephant from moving
- Rips Through an airplane hatch while underwater The room had been pressurized by Hydro Man.
- Old T'Challa body slams a Rhino
- Backhands Malice into another room
- Tears Through a Wall
- Brings down a 5 ton Rhino
-Speed and Agility:
- Leaps across an opera theater to stop an assassin
- Getting from street to roof in 10 seconds while pulling a man. Doubles as strength feat
- Running barefoot on wire
- Leaps out of a pit
- Leaping from the top of a bridge to his car
- Lands 3 blows in the time it takes a man to throw one
- Catches Spider-Man, twice
- Beats up 4 men in the time it takes to say "quite severely" also dodges bullets
-Durability and Endurance:
- Fights off the Effects of a powerful mind altering drug
- Fought Killmonger for 13 hours The fight is in the Skill album, Just for refference Killmonger is genetically enhanced and killed an Elephant by shoulder charging it
- Stays Conscious after getting blasted by Star Dust
- Knives do nothing At all
- Tanks a PBR Explosion
- Fought a possessed/enhanced Iron Fist and took the punches.
- Psychic resistance. Emma Frost in pain from trying to read his mind.
- Album of Fights including Namor, a Super Skrull, Captain America,Kill Monger, Iron Man in a suit designed to beat him and a space werewolf. To be clear when he fought Killmonger he did not have his Vibranium. He wore a basic Panther Habit.
- Bested the FF back in the Day
- Learned every fighting style in the world.
- Can read the body language of a Super Skrull
- Beats Karnak (who can sense all weaknesses) in one hit Twice
- Nerve strikes
- Beat six of Wakanda's best warriors at once
Key: Normal | King of the Dead Enhanced
Note: Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.