Black Bolt (Blackagar Boltagon) is a fictional character that appears in publications by Marvel Comics. Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, the character first appears in Fantastic Four #45 (December 1965). Black Bolt is the ruler of the Inhumans, a reclusive race of genetically altered superhumans. Black Bolt's signature power is his voice, as his electron-harnessing ability is linked to the speech center of his brain. Speaking triggers a massive disturbance in the form of a highly destructive shockwave capable of leveling a city. Due to the extreme danger posed by this power, the character has undergone rigorous mental training to prevent himself from uttering a sound, even in sleep, and he usually remains completely silent and communicates through sign language or via spokesperson.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 7-A physically. 4-B with his voice.
Name: Blackagar Boltagon, Black Bolt
Origin: Marvel Comics
Classification: Inhuman/Experimental metahuman
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, destructive hypersonic voice, molecular manipulation, master martial artist, resistance to mind control, can create forcefields, energy projection, absorption and redirection
Attack Potency: Large Mountain level (Listed as comparable to an Iron Man armor that performed this level of feat, in the official Marvel handbooks), Solar System level with his voice (He could empower the T-Bomb, Once made a Galaxy collector blink with his scream)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Mountain Class normally, Unknown with his "Master Blow"
Durability: Large Mountain level
Stamina: Vastly superhuman
Range: Interplanetary (multiple planetary diameters), potentially Interstellar (multiple light-years)
Standard Equipment: His suit, which includes a tuning fork on his head that helps regulate his electron manipulation powers. The Space Gem, which he will pretty much never use.
Intelligence: Genius. He is a brilliant scientist and strategist as well as leading the Inhuman race for a long time and outsmarted his genius brother Maximus.
Weaknesses: His powers can be disrupted if the tuning fork on his head is sufficiently damaged. He literally cannot speak without causing massive devastation.
- Master Blow: A powerful physical strike that channels all of Black Bolt's strength into a single punch, enhanced by his martial arts knowledge. It can one-shot class 100s. However, it exhausts him afterward.
- Destructive Hypersonic Voice: He can level a city with a single whisper, and contains enough power within himself to fuel a bomb which rips a hole in spacetime parsecs across.
- Electron Manipulation: His ability to manipulate matter at a molecular level enables him to do these things:
- Energy Projection: He can control and project energy as concussive blasts or forcefields, or disrupt matter on a subatomic level.
- Matter Transformation: He can make one substance into another.
- Frequency Jamming: He can stop radio communications.
- Flight: He can fly.
Note: Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.