|“||What’s needed above all is the willpower of the patient. If the patient does not want to heal, it will be impossible to cure him no matter how many doctors there are. I will cure you. I will cure you so that you can move at will. I will cure you so that you can whisper your love to your wife. I will cure you so you can hold your sword once more. For that purpose, what’s needed above all is for your body, your cells, to be determined to be healed. If you feel you are losing your willpower, you must cheer up. Otherwise, I will kill you.||„|
|~ Florence getting her patients to cling to life|
Berserker (バーサーカー, Bāsākā) is a Berserker-class Servant able to be summoned by the Protagonist in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order.
Berserker's True Name is Florence Nightingale (フローレンス・ナイチンゲール, Furōrensu Naichingēru). The Angel of Crimea that makes attendance and dedication into her creed. A woman of conviction. Owner of a tenacious mentality that never becomes disheartened and say words which should be said to whoever it is - even the monarch of the British Empire. Nicknamed the "Little War Office", her incredible persistence to treat the wounded has led her to be described as a one woman army.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B with physical strikes
Name: Berserker, Florence Nightingale, "Little War Office", "Angel of Mercy"
Origin: Fate/Grand Order
Classification: Berserker-Class Servant, Heroic Spirit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Can trade her sanity for boosted stats, Healing, The ability to enter spirit Form, Capable Markswoman, Can remove Status Effects, Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy)
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman (Casually carries other Servants on her back after sustaining significant injuries like the loss of an eye and wounds to her arms and legs)
Striking Strength: At least City Class
Stamina: Superhuman (Is extremely single-minded in her pursuit to heal others and will continue to try and save anyone in need while sustaining major injuries such as the loss of an eye)
Range: Extended melee range normally, Several meters with Nightingale Pledge.
Standard Equipment: A 19th Century Pepperbox Gun various medical supplies from the 1860s, including bandages and a bonesaw
Intelligence: Florence Nightingale was a celebrated reformer, statistician, and nurse as well as the founder of modern nursing. She wrote many books, most of them focusing on her medical knowledge, and had a talent for mathematics from an early age. She greatly developed the presentation of statistical data and was responsible for many reforms in hospitals that saved the lives of thousands of soldiers during the Crimean War. However, Florence's medical knowledge is rather primitive compared to the modern day, and she will insist on using outdated medicinal techniques (such as amputation) even when provided with the most recent data as a result of her Mad Enhancement, uttering phrases like "I'll heal you even if it kills you!". She primarily fights with feral hand-to-hand combat due to her status as Berserker and her lack of military training, but she can still wield the handgun she carries for emergencies.
Weaknesses: Mad Enhancement trades Florence's intelligence and sanity for boosted stats, making it extremely difficult for her to cooperate and listen to others, Is not a trained combatant and thus lacks technique or finesse
- Nightingale Pledge: I Will Abstain From Whatever Is Deleterious And Mischievous (ナイチンゲール・プレッジ: 我はすべて毒あるもの、害あるものを絶つ, Naichingēru Purejji: Ware wa Subete Doku aru mono, Gai aru mono wo Tatsu): The Noble Phantasm of Florence Nightingale. It is sublimated from Nightingale's mentality of braving war zone and facing death, coupled with the modern image of nurses being "angels in white that help the wounded and the sick", a concept originated from her. When activated, it created a absolute safe zone that nullifies toxins and hostility and provides healing for all allies. In addition, all forms of aggression are nullified while this field is active. Magecraft and powers on the level of Noble Phantasms will fail to work, swords will fall from their owners' hands, guns will jam and refuse to fire, bombs will fail to finish their chemical reactions, and so on.
- Mad Enhancement (狂化, Kyōka, localized as "Blind Rage"): raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills. Florence has an exceptionally high rank at EX. This manifests in her single-minded goal to heal others, but her Mad Enhancement makes it extremely difficult for her to listen to the opinions of others, such as the time when she insisted that Rama get all of his limbs removed to sustain his imploded heart even when she was told it was not necessary due to advancements in medical technology.
- Cry of an Angel (天使の叫び, Tenshi no sakebi): Florence's compassion for her patients is evident in her voice as the Angel of Crimea, greatly increasing the survival instincts of those who hear it.
- Human Anatomy Understanding (人体理解, Jintai rikai) A skill that embodies Florence Nightingale's extensive knowledge of anatomy from her time as the Crimean War's premier nurse, allowing her to grasp their functions as if they were a precision machine in need of repair. Due to this skill, all of her attempts to heal others are improved. In addition, she can use this knowledge to defend herself by striking her enemies' vitals with extreme precision despite her Mad Enhancement, and her knowledge is so extensive that it is ingrained in her body and natural instincts.
- Nursing of Steel (鋼の看護, Hagane no kango): A skill that allows Florence Nightingale to enhance her treatment techniques with magical energy, allowing her to treat even the most serious of battlefield injuries for as long as the target isn't dead. This is the skill that allows her to effective treat her patients despite the fact that her methods are horrifically outdated by modern medical standards, and those trying to replicate her methods can't hope to expect to provide the same results.