Berserker (バーサーカー, Bāsākā) is a Berserker-class Servant able to be summoned by the Protagonist in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order.
Berserker's True Name is Beowulf (ベオウルフ, Beourufu), the protagonist of "Beowulf", said to be the oldest epic poem of English literature. The setting of the epic poem amounts to south of modern Sweden to the vicinity of Denmark.
This tale is composed by two parts; part one is the story about Beowulf proceeding to exterminate the giant Grendel together with fifteen of his subordinates, while part two portrays an aged Beowulf unfolding a mortal combat with a dragon, fifty years after. It has been said that the dragon who fought the aged Beowulf would amass treasures and spit out fire.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-A physically, higher with Grendel Buster
Name: Berserker, Beowulf
Origin: Fate/Grand Order
Age: Unknown (Summoned at his golden age)
Classification: Berserker Class Servant, Heroic Spirit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Adept Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Magic, Adept Swordsman, Mad Enhancement, Enhanced Senses, Can enter Spirit Form, Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy)
Attack Potency: Mountain level physically (Has an A Rank Strength, making him comparable to Berserker), higher with Grendel Buster (As a A+ Anti Army Noble Phantasm, it should at least be comparable to Excalibur Galatine, Beowulf killed a Dragon with this attack despite being hampered by old age in his legend)
Speed: Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions via power-scaling
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman (Even the weakest Servant is stronger than the strongest human)
Striking Strength: Mountain Class
Stamina: High, can fight against teams of Servants; Tireless as long as he has enough magical energy.
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: Both of his demonic swords Hrunting and Naegling
Intelligence: Beowulf is rough, reckless, and battle-hungry, rarely backing down from a fight and charging straight into battle without a care in the world. Despite this, he is a skilled swordsman and an even better hand-to-hand combatant, killing a dragon even after being deprived of his weapons by engaging it in melee combat. Despite being a renowned berserker in life, he never actually lost his sanity, and is thus fully capable of reason and adapting to the challenges in front of him.
Weaknesses: He is a battle-maniac by nature. His true power doesn't lie on his Demonic Swords only in his bare fists, His heroic deeds came from slaying monsters, so he has some difficulty fighting a human opponent without anything beyond brute force, Can't attack his opponent while in Spirit Form
- Grendel Buster: Primal Conflict (グレンデル・バスター: 源流闘争; Gurenderu Basutā: Genryū Tōsō): is the Noble Phantasm of Beowulf. It is the proof of his battle prowess, even after losing both his weapons in legend. Discarding his swords, he rushes towards the opponent to deliver a powerful punch, before unleashing a devastating barrage of kicks and punches, ending in a strike that smashes the enemy backwards.
- Hrunting: Hound of the Red Plains (フルンディング: 赤原猟犬; Furutingu: Akahara Ryōken): is one of Beowulf's magical swords, but they aren't where his true power lies. He used this sword in his battle with the mother of Grendel. It is capable of sensing and tracking Grendel.
- Naegling: Iron Hammer Snake Smash (ネイリング: 鉄鎚蛇潰; Tetsu Tsuchi Hebi Tsubuse) is the second of Beowulf's magical swords, Although it is classified as a sword it possesses no cutting ability, it is instead used as a club with the purpose of smashing targets in close range. The sword will break after being used a certain amount of time, once it breaks it will deal great damage akin to broken phantasms.
- Mad Enhancement (狂化, Kyōka, localized as "Blind Rage"): raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills. Due to Beowulf having E- Rank in this skill, he does not receive the benefits of Mad Enhancement nor does he lose any of his reasoning abilities, and overall just becomes a little rougher. Beowulf has this rank of Mad Enhancement because, while he is linked to historical berserkers, he had never lost his sanity in his life.
- Berserk (ベルセルク, Beruseruku): is a skill that permit the user to enter a state of controlled rage.
- Instinct (直感, Chokkan): is the power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle.
- Battle Continuation (戦闘続行, Sentō Zokkō, localized as "Marshall"): is the strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated.