|“||Temples? Ah, where people worship the gods. Or perhaps the flat areas bracketing the forehead.||„|
|~ Beowulf Cadmus|
Beowulf Cadmus, also known as Beowulf Kadmas, is an optional character from Final Fantasy Tactics that prior to the events of Final Fantasy Tactics served as a general only to leave after a series of events. A former captain of the Gryphon Knights of Lionel, he now spends his time looking for his fiancée Reis Duelar. His birthday is October 4. Beowulf first joins Ramza during a series of side-quests as an unpayed mercenary in turn helping Ramza after he aided him in turning his girlfriend back to human after becoming a dragon as well as rescuing her and the only character in the game to posses the Templar class as such he has access to many Hax in battle.
Beowulf used to be the captain of Lionel's Gryphon knights. Liked by his men, he became good friends with his lieutenant, Aliste Rosenheim. He considered him a rival as well as the only person with skills as good as his own.
Eventually, Beowulf fell in love with the Dragonkin Reis Duelar. The two of them were quickly engaged. However, the Celebrant Bremondt Freitberg was also infatuated with Reis, and would do anything for her love. He saw Beowulf as an obstacle, and tried to dispose of him.
He first claimed the captain was a heretic and stripped him of his rank. When Beowulf would still not leave Reis, he prepared a curse for him. However, Reis sacrificed herself for her love, and took the curse in his place, becoming the Holy Dragon. Reis then left, and Beowulf went in pursuit.
Powers and Stats
Name: Beowulf Cadmus/Kadmas
Origin: Final Fantasy Tactics
Classification: Hume Ex-Captain of Lionel's Gryphon Knights, Templar (default class)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Swordsmanship, Marksman and Spearman, Magic, can blind his enemies (via Blind), can absorb mana from opponents (via Syphon), can absorb his enemies health to heal himself (via Drain), can increase his magic power (via Faith), can make his enemies lose all faith in gods and magics making magic attacks ineffective (via Atheist), can turn his enemies into zombies and makes them immune to healing magic (via Zombie), can stop his opponents from using magic, Mind Manipulation, can nullifying status effects (via Dispel), Paralysis Inducement (via Disable), Petrification, potentially possesses Skilled in the use of shurikens and other objects that are meant to be thrown, Skilled martial artist, Skilled dual-wielding, Capable Bard and Dancer, Summoning, Elemental Manipulation (Of the fire, ice, lightning, wind and earth variety), Light Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Healing and Regeneration (Mid-Low), Poison Manipulation, Transmutation (In the form of transforming others into toads), One Hit Kill (via Death), Teleportation (Can be used to send target(s) far away and even to separate dimensions), Dimensional BFR (via Sinkhole), Barrier Creation, Levitation, Time Manipulation (In the variety of speeding himself up, and slowing/stopping targets), Spatial Manipulation (via Immobilize and Meteor), Sleep Inducement, Gravity Manipulation, Energy Blasts, can cast magic that can ignore any range without cast time for no MP and can deal more damage by applying mathematical conditions (via Arithmeticks), can stand/walk on water (via Waterwalking) and lava (via Lavawalking), able to mimic his target's last move
Attack Potency: Large Planet level+ (Beowulf and his allies defeated Ultima who is the second most powerful Scion in Ivalice, and was strong enough to wage a grueling 1000 year war against the Occuria with naught but the other 11 Scion to back her)
Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Fought and defeated Ultima who appears capable of flying into space in an instant)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman+
Striking Strength: Large Planet Class
Durability: Large Planet level+
Range: Extended melee range with his weapon, several dozen meters with magic
Standard Equipment: Durandal (via Auto-Protect, Auto-Shell, and is also a Holy-elemental weapon) or Chaos Blade (via Auto-Regen, and can inflict Stone when attacking with it), Armor, Helmet and Accessory.
Intelligence: Genius level (was a competent general at one point prior to the events of the game), is both a math expert and chemist.
Weaknesses: Nothing notable
Feats: Helped Ramza (the main character of Final Fantasy Tactics) in his quests/adventures and was once a general
- Stop: (time stops the Enemy)
- Haste: (increases user's speed)
- Slow: (decreases foe's speed)
- Break: (petrifies an Enemy)
- Geomancery: (manipulates the environment he stand on to perform various different attacks)
- Firaja: (severe power fire magic)
- Blizaja: (severe power Ice magic)
- Thundaja: (severe power lightning magic)
- Bahamut: (summons a powerful dragon to do an attack)
- Curaja: (severe power healing magic which can damage undead enemies or enemies inflicted with a zombie status)ailment),
- Regen: (consistently heals user periodically for a set amount of time)
- Zombie: (reverses healing effects on casted upon character)
- Teleport: (allows for long range teleportation)
- Frog/Pig: (polymorphs enemies)
- Osmosis: (draws MP from others to use as his own, Berserk (prevents the enemy from acting rationally)
- Confuse: (causes enemy to be confused in a state where they temporarily have no self-control and may even hurt themselves)
- Blind: (reduces enemy accuracy)
- Protect: (raises physical defense)
- Shell: (raises magic defense)
- Reflect: (deflects spells back to the caster)
- Meteor: (sends a large meteor at the enemy)
- Holy: (does large holy elemental damage)
- Raise: (revives an ally if within a timely manner from their death)
- Reapraise: (allows the one cast upon to be revived automatically upon death once per cast)
- Chicken: (lowers the one who was cast upon physical attack)
- Poison: (causes a severe illness on enemy that damages them for ever action done in battle)
- Death: (small chance to instantly kill enemy)
- Dispel: (takes away any and all of a foe's magical enhancements)
- Drain: (A non-elemental Attack that takes away some of a foe's health and heals its user by the exact same amount taken from the foe)
- Shock!: does fixed damage based on the amount taken in battle also ignores enemy defenses other than health).
Note: Little canon information is available in regards to what jobs the party may or may not have learned or mastered (sans Beowulf default class being Templar), thus it is up to the thread maker to specify what sort of magic or abilities, if any, Beowulf has at his disposal at the start of a match.