|“||Today for the first time... I'm going on an adventure.||„|
|~ Bell before fighting the Minotaur|
Bell Cranel is the protagonist of Danmachi. Although he originally became an Adventurer in hopes of getting a girl to fall in love with him, he falls head over heels for Aiz Wallenstein after she saves him from a rampaging Minotaur. Vowing to one day be able to stand next to her as a peer and (hopefully) a lover, his feelings have allowed him to grow at an abnormally fast rate, catching the eye of numerous factions in and outside of Orario.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-A | At least 9-A | At least 9-A
Name: Bell Cranel, "Little Rookie", "Record Holder"
Classification: Human, Adventurer, Hero, Farmer (Former)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled Knife User, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Fire Manipulation and Electricity Manipulation via Firebolt, Resistance to Status Effect Inducement, Supernatural Luck
Attack Potency: Small Building level (Deflected the punch of a Minotaur, who can do this) | At least Small Building level (Casually dispatches three Minotaurs, vastly superior to his Level 1 state), much higher with Argonaut (An uncharged Argonaut-boosted Firebolt scorched a Baby Dragon the size of a tank, a fully charged Argonaut-boosted attack obliterated the Goliath in one hit) | At least Small Building level (Even stronger than before)
Speed: Superhuman movement speed with Subsonic reactions (Even an inexperienced Adventurer is considered an insurmountable challenge to a normal human no matter their armament) | Subsonic | At least Subsonic (Level 3 Adventurers are much stronger and faster than Level 2s)
Lifting Strength: Class H
Striking Strength: Small Building Class (Deflected the punch of a minotaur) | At least Small Building Class (Casually dispatches a number of Minotaurs), much higher with Argonaut (Obliterated the Goliath with a fully-charged Argonaut) | Small Building Class
Stamina: High, casually tears through hordes of smaller monsters at once and manages to fire off rapid flurries of Firebolts without suffering a Mind Down (being forced unconscious by a lack of mana)
Range: Extended melee range with various melee weapons. Several dozens of meters with Firebolt
Standard Equipment: Hestia Knife (a Dagger), Ushiwakamaru (a Dagger), Ushiwakamarunishiki (a Dagger), Pyonkichi MK V (Light Armor)
Intelligence: Bell is a fairly skilled martial artist with a preference for knives and daggers. He has shown a great aptitude for learning and thinking on the fly, managing to defeat a Minotaur despite being a Level 1 and managing to parry attacks from physically superior opponents such as Ottar's Minotaur despite being virtually helpless against one only a month prior with some tutoring from Aiz. However, as an inexperienced teenager his judgments are often clouded by his emotional outbursts and naivety, but he has proven to be resourceful and even learned how to catch an invisible opponent off guard.
Weaknesses: Too kind and naive and is often taken advantage of because of this, will always jump in to save girls, his statistical growth from his Realis Phrase Skill is connected to his feelings for Aiz Wallenstein, his Argonaut Skill has a charge time and Bell is left vulnerable during said charge time and it can only be used against foes stronger than himself.
- Firebolt: A rare spell without a chant that shoots out a powerful blast of lightning and fire from Bell's hand when its name is called.
- Abnormal Resistance: Bell is resistant to abnormal status effects like poison, charming, and paralysis effects.
- Hero's Wish - Argonaut: Bell charges his next attack, increasing its damage output proportional to the amount of time spent charging. Charging for a few seconds will simply ramp up its damage, while charging for much longer greatly increases the attack's range, power, and speed, obliterating foes as powerful as a Floor Boss when given three minutes to charge. However, he is vulnerable during the charging period, and cannot do anything lest he lose Argonaut's effect, and can only be used against foes stronger than himself.
- Luck: A Developmental Skill that increases Bell's luck in a pinch, creating scenarios in which Bell can turn the tables on his foes and can even charge Argonaut completely in an instant should he be in a situation where he can be "heroic" or perform a "reversal". It is shown to be very powerful even in non-combat situations, allowing him to repeatedly win at roulette without any losses while betting on a single number.
- Realis Phrase: A passive skill that exponentially increases the rate at which Bell's strength grows for as long as his feelings towards the one he's seeking don't change. However, since his stats only change after a status update, this is not applicable in a combat situation.
Key: Level 1 | Level 2 | Level 3