Bastion is a combat unit used as an assault force in the Omnic Crisis. When the Crisis ended, all Bastion units were either disassembled or forgotten. One forgotten Bastion unit was left inactive for over a decade in the wild until it was reactivated. Upon reactivation, it found that its combat programming seemed to be completely lost, yet the humans feared it, and thus chose to continue living, exploring, and admiring nature.
Bastion is rather childlike and curious now that his combat protocols lays dormant, yet if his systems detect a threat, it can re-emerge to help defend the robot from the perceived threat. This programming includes proficient use of its various weapons and effective combat strategy, and allowing it to shape up against some of Overwatch's strongest heroes.
Presenting a near uncontrollable threat to the humans that fear it and having a very curious nature, Bastion now wanders the wilderness to seek its purpose in the world.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 8-C | At least High 8-C | At least High 8-C
Name: Bastion Seige Automaton E54 (usually referred to simply as Bastion)
Classification: Battle Automaton, Robot, Omnic
Attack Potency: Large Building level (As a combat-model Omnic, Bastion should be stronger than most humans and somewhat comparable to Winston. While weak, its rounds are still more than capable of downing other heroes like Junkrat, who can easily survive being at the center of an explosion that leveled a werehouse) | At least Large Building level (Its Minigun and Cannon can quickly shred apart the armor of the most resilient heroes in the game such as Reinhardt, His bullets are able to cut through trees effortlessly as shown in his Cinematic.) | At least Large Building level (Its tank shells can easily down most other heroes on impact)
Speed: Subsonic with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Bastion is a rather cumbersome and slow automaton, but is still able to track and react to Tracer, Soldier: 76, Genji, and similarly fast characters) | Immobile (in Sentry Form, Bastion is unable to move from its locked location) with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed | Subsonic (Though smaller than average, he is a futuristic tank, and as such should be able to move at upwards of 13 m/s at bare minimum. Should be faster than his regular mode) with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Large Building Class
Durability: Large Building level (Can withstand a significant amount of fire from Overwatch members, Bastion units posed a threat to Overwatch heroes on numerous occasions) | At least Large Building level in Tank Configuration (Can withstand heavy fire from numerous Overwatch heroes at once)
Stamina: Extremely High, possibly Unlimited (was in various states of activity for decades without needing to recharge or rest)
Range: Several dozen meters with firearms
Standard Equipment: A submachine-gun, Minigun, and Tank Cannon (built-in).
Intelligence: Bastion has a very child-like mentality and is relatively peaceful and curious about its surroundings. However, upon entering combat it is believed to become a single-minded killing machine, shooting down anything that may be perceived as a threat with maximum efficiency before reverting to normal. Despite this, Bastion has shown to be able to retain a great deal of its normal personality while in combat during gameplay, being able to work alongside its human allies without issue and managing to communicate somewhat with the various beeping and booping noises it makes (such as to say thanks), even blaring the charge bugle upon entering Tank Mode.
Weaknesses: Bastion needs time to repair itself and Reconfigure into its different forms, rendering it completely unable to use any weapons during the transformation process; Rather slow in Configuration: Recon, completely immobile with a vital point exposed in Configuration: Sentry and the minigun has wide spread at longer ranges, can have difficulty tracking airborne threats in Configuration: Tank.
- Reconguration: Bastion is able to switch between its three modes at will to suit the situation.
- Configuration: Recon: Bastion's default and humanoid form, allowing it to walk around and scout for good positions to enter its Sentry configuration. During this time, it is equipped with a reasonably accurate sub-machine gun for self-defense.
- Configuration: Sentry: Bastion converts itself into an automated minigun that can fire streams of high-caliber bullets that can quickly shred through even the toughest armor, shattering Reinhardt's, Winston's, and Zarya's Energy Shields in seconds at close to mid-range. However, due to the rate of fire and the nature of this weapon, it is far less effective at long range. In addition, this weapon has a long-reload time due to the sheer number of bullets being fired.
- Configuration: Tank: Bastion converts itself into a mobile tank that can move at speeds exceeding its Recon form, firing powerful shells that explode on impact from its built-in cannon, dealing massive damage across a wide area. In addition, Bastion gains a great deal of additional armor plating while in this form, making it far more durable.
- Self-Repair: Bastion is able to conduct repairs on itself when necessary, welding its parts back together to get itself back into fighting form. However, these repairs take a few seconds at the least, during which time Bastion is completely unable to use any of its weapons.
Key: Configuration: Recon | Configuration: Sentry | Configuration: Tank
Note: The individual Bastion unit in-game is rather unexplained and non fleshed out. Bastion may be stronger or weaker than what is currently known, thus, its profile is subject to change as new information is revealed or interpreted.