Galenth Dysley (ガレンス・ダイスリー, Garensu Daisurī) (Mostly known as Barthandelus) is the main antagonist of Final Fantasy XIII. He is often seen with a rukh familiar called Menrva, actually an extension of his power. Voted into the position of Primarch by Cocoon's citizens, Dysley is the leading figure of the Sanctum.
While he appears to be a well-respected man of the people, promising their continued peace, this is a mask Dysley uses to hide his true nature.
Powers and Stats
Name: Barthandelus (Also known as Galenth Dysley)
Origin: Final Fantasy XIII
Age: Over 600 years old (Was present during the War of Transgression, which happened this long ago according to the Ultimania)
Classification: Lord-Sovereign of the Cocoon Fal'Cie, Primarch of Cocoon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Elemental Manipulation (Of the fire, ice, thunder and wind variety), Poison Manipulation, capable of inflicting paralysis, Immortality (Type 1), Teleportation, Telepathy, Levitation, can make living beings his servants and turn them into monsters
Attack Potency: Moon level (Able to fight against the end-game party, though he ultimately proves weaker)
Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Able to keep pace with the party)
Lifting Strength: Class T+
Striking Strength: Moon Class
Durability: Moon level
Range: Several meters with melee, much higher with magic
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Very high (Runs the highly advanced Cocoon well and effectively, and managed to convince the entire population into believing that he was human)
Weaknesses: None notable
- Doom: Places a timer above the enemy's head. When it reaches zero, they die.
- Magic Amplification: Makes his Pauldrons and Ailettes fire -ra or -ga spells, rather than the regular ones.
- Baptism in Ruin: Attacks the enemy with a flurry of Ruins and Ruingas.
- Thanatosian Smile: Barthandelus opens up his faceplates to shoot his enemies with a stream of lasers.
- Destrudo: Barthandelus fires magic attacks from his back after a long charge up, with devastating resulting damage.
- Thanatosian Laughter: Barthandelus opens his faceplates to unleash a stream of lasers in more directions than Thanatosian Smile.
- Ultima: Conjures a sphere of light to deal massive damage.
Key: First Form | Second Form | Third Form