|“||Stories are everywhere. We build them from what we see. Even the sky above whispers to us.||„|
Bard travels through realms beyond the imagination of mortal beings. Some of Valoran's greatest scholars have spent their lives trying to understand the mysteries he embodies. This enigmatic spirit has been given many names throughout the history of Valoran, but titles such as Cosmic Vagabond and Great Caretaker only capture a fleeting aspect of his true purpose. When the unknowable structure of the universe is threatened, Bard steers all existence away from utter annihilation.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 4-C
Name: Bard, The Wandering Caretaker
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Described as an ageless entity from time outside of time)
Classification: Celestial being, Guardian of Runeterra
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Spirit Magic, Flight, Energy Projection, Summoning (Meeps), Regeneration (Mid-Godly), Healing magic, Reality Warping, Portal Creation, Dimensional manipulation, Immortality (Types 1, 4, and 9), Non-Corporeal, Anyone hit by Tempered Fate becomes invulnerable, immobile, and unable to attack, Can amplify his speed by collecting Meeps
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Able to ascend into space and create entire constellations in seconds)
Lifting Strength: Unknown, likely at least Class 1
Striking Strength: Large Star Class
Durability: Large Star level
Range: Interstellar, cross-dimensional with celestial powers
Standard Equipment: Spirit Horn, Starting/Essential Items (Health Potions, Frost Queen's Claim, Boots of Mobility, Ruby Sightstone, Locket of the Iron Solari, Frozen Heart, Warding Totem)
Intelligence: Extremely high, possibly Nigh Omniscient (Though the full extent of his knowledge is unknown, he had knowledge of the Frozen Watchers' return, the Fall of Shurima, and the Shadow Isles' Ruination long before they occurred, and knows events that will unfold hundreds of years in the future to the point where he knows exactly how they will unfold, who will be involved, and who those involved are descended from, and will protect the ancestors of those involved in order to keep the cosmic balance in the future)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Bard fires an orb of spirit magic at the opponent, dealing physical damage. Can be augmented by Meeps.
- Traveler's Call:
- Chimes: Bard's presence causes sacred chimes to appear at random locations and linger for up to 10 minutes. Collecting a chime grants Bard bonus movement speed out of combat for 7 seconds, 20 experience, and 12% maximum mana, stacking up to 5 times. Every 5 chimes Bard collects empower his Meeps.
- Meeps: Bard's presence attracts small spirits known as Meeps to his side. Each of his basic attacks causes a Meep to throw itself at his target, dealing bonus magic damage before disappearing back to the spirit world. At 5 Chimes, Meeps slow damaged enemies for 1 second, and at 25 Chimes they deal area of effect damage in a cone behind the main target, with the cone's size increasing at 65 chimes. Meeps spawn every 6 seconds and Bard can hold up to 4 of them at a time.
- Cosmic Binding: Bard fires out a burst of spirit energy in a line, dealing magic damage to the first enemy struck and briefly slowing them by 60%. After Cosmic Binding hits an enemy, the burst of energy passes through them and searches for secondary targets. If it hits a wall or a second enemy, it stuns both targets for the same duration, dealing magic damage to the second target as well.
- Caretaker's Shrine: Bard conjures a shrine at the target location that builds up in power over 10 seconds. Bard can have up to 3 shrines active at once, which remain until consumed. If a champion steps on a shrine, they consume it instantly. If the champion was an ally or Bard himself, they are healed for an amount based on the shrine's power and gain 50% bonus movement speed that decays over 1.5 seconds.
- Magical Journey: Bard opens a one-way magical corridor through the first piece of terrain in front of him to the other side. Magical Journey will not cast unless it can open a corridor. Both allies and enemies can pass through the corridor, with allies and Bard traveling at increased speed.
- Tempered Fate: Bard sends magical energy arcing to the target location, putting all units and structures in the target area in stasis for 2.5 seconds. Epic monsters and turrets (excluding Dominion turrets and the Nexus Obelisk) are also put in stasis, despite normally being immune to crowd control.
- Spirit Horn: Bard's Spirit Horn is a unique weapon containing a special harmonic key that splits layers of reality and taps directly into the magical friction that all worlds emit.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Frost Queen's Claim: Grants bonus mana regeneration, ability power, and cooldown reduction. Spells and basic attacks against champions or buildings deal 15 additional damage and grant 15 Gold. This can occur up to 3 times every 30 seconds.
- Arctic Embrace: Summons 2 icy ghosts for 6 seconds that seek out nearby enemy champions. Ghosts reveal enemies on contact and reduce their movement speed by 40% for 2–5 seconds.
- Boots of Mobility: Grants bonus movement speed that increases when out of combat.
- Ruby Sightstone: Grants bonus health and reduces item cooldowns.
- Warding: Consumes a charge to place a Stealth Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 150 seconds. Holds up to 4 charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.
- Locket of the Iron Solari: Grants bonus health, magic resistance, regeneration, and cooldown reduction, and grants nearby allies bonus magic resistance.
- Unique: Shields the wielder and nearby allies for 2 seconds.
- Frozen Heart: Grants bonus armor and cooldown reduction, and cripples nearby enemies' attack speed by 15%.
- Warding Totem: Consumes a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.