|“||Fufu, there is nothing more entertaining than to deny God in the face of believers||„|
|~ Jeanne talking about what she likes|
Avenger (アヴェンジャー, Avenjā) an Avenger-class Servant able to be summoned by the Protagonist in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order.
Avenger's True Name is Jeanne d'Arc (Alter) (ジャンヌ・ダルク〔オルタ〕, Jan'nu Daruku (Oruta)), also known as Jeanne Alter (ジャンヌ・オルタ, Jan'nu Oruta), an alternate version of Joan of Arc. While referred to as "Alter", she is not another "aspect" of Joan, but rather she is a creation of the Holy Grail born from Gilles de Rais's wishes shortly after the execution of Joan in 1431. Rightfully a "saint" rather than a "hero", there is a zero percent probability of being able to "summon another aspect" of Joan, so Joan Alter is an existence encapsulating much of the corrupted Gilles's biases and feelings. With several circumstances accumulating, despite being a fictional existence, it became possible for her to answer to summons as a black holy woman. Joan Alter is a "draconic witch who rose from her grave to avenge herself upon France."
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-A, likely higher with La Grondement Du Haine
Name: Avenger, Jeanne d'Arc (Alter), Jeanne Alter
Origin: Fate/Grand Order
Classification: Avenger-Class Servant, Heroic Spirit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Fire Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Animal Manipulation (Her Dragon Witch skill allows her to control virtually any dragon), Fusionism (Can merge her own flesh with body parts of others through her Self-Modification skill), Statistics Amplification (Grows in power proportionally to the enmity directed towards her), Attack Reflection (La Grondement Du Haine stops an opposing attack and sends it back at its original user), Intangibility (Can turn into Spirit Form), Can gradually replenish her own mana, Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy), Immunity to Conventional Weapons
Attack Potency: Mountain level via power-scaling (Has A-Rank Strength, putting her on par with Berserker), likely higher with La Grondement Du Haine (As an A+ Rank Anti-Army Noble Phantasm, it should be comparable to the likes of Excalibur Galatine, its performance has been compared to the breath of a first-rate dragon)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic reactions via power-scaling
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman (Even the weakest Servant is stronger than the strongest human)
Striking Strength: Mountain Class
Durability: City level via power-scaling (Has a relatively low Endurance rating, but should be at least as durable as most other combat-ready Servants), Immune to Conventional Weapons
Stamina: Virtually tireless for as long as she has sufficient mana
Range: Extended melee range with her flag. Several hundreds of meters with her Noble Phantasm
Standard Equipment: Her Sword and Flag (La Grondement Du Haine)
Intelligence: Through being created by the Grail, Jeanne's knowledge shouldn't be less than her counterpart
Weaknesses: She enjoys hurting her enemies a little bit too much (Although, she isn't going to hesitate to finish her opponent)
- La Grondement Du Haine (Roar of Hatred): Roar, O Rage of Mine (ラ・グロンドメント・デュ・ヘイン: 吼え立てよ、我が憤怒, Ra Gurondomento Du Hein: Hoetate yo, Waga Fun'nu): is the Noble Phantasm of Joan Alter. Differing from Luminosité Eternelle, it is a cursed flag of the Joan who "descended upon France as the dragon witch." It functions as a barrier like her original counterpart's, stopping oncoming attacks, but sends the attacks back to their original owners rather than simply throwing them off course. It can also transform the grudges Jeanne and her cohorts bear and turns it into flaming prana, burning opponents' injustices, impurities and self-righteousness to the bone with searing fire comparable in might to the breath of a first-rate Dragon, transcendent Phantasmal Beasts who can generate mana simply by breathing. In addition to these flames, the victims of this attack can also be skewered by numerous stakes as they are reduced to cinders.
- Avenger (復讐者, Fukushū-sha): A Class Skill that marks Jeanne as an Avenger. As a result, she's more easily seen as an enemy by those around her, but the resulting enmity strengthens her due to her Class Vessel.
- Oblivion Correction (忘却補正, Bōkyaku hosei): A Class Skill that increases the damage Avenger deals whenever she strikes her foe's weak points with his attacks from oblivion, utilizing every opening by attacking when other Servants would forget to.
- Self Replenishment (Magic) (自己回復 (魔力), Jiko kaifuku (maryoku)): A Class Skill that allows Avenger to restore her mana reserves overtime for as long as her grudge has yet to be fulfilled.
- Self-Modification (自己改造, Jiko Kaizō, localized as "Metamorphosis"): is the aptitude to merge one's own flesh with body parts of others. The higher the ranking in this skill, the further away one is from being a proper hero.
- Dragon Witch (竜の魔女, Ryū no majo): A skill granted through the wishes of the insane Gilles de Rais, Jeanne Alter has a deposition opposite that of dragon-slaying saints like Saint George, allowing her to commune with and control virtually any dragon with a wave of her flag while also allowing her to ride dragons as powerful as Fafnir.
- Ephemeral Dream (うたかたの夢, Utakata no Yume) A skill that represents Jeanne Alter's nature as an illusion born from the wishes of an insane man, resulting in her incredible power. However, she cannot exist forever, and she will fade away after she is defeated.