|“||My name is the King of the Cavern. Unknown to love, unknown to compassion, established as the black flame of grudge that blazes itself dazzlingly only by means of hatred and revenge; nothing but an Avenger who rages until he turns everything to ashes. My favorite mistress, Haydee, is nowhere in this world, so this body shall remain a nemesis for eternity.||„|
|~ Avenger lamenting his existence|
Avenger (アヴェンジャー, Avenjā) is an Avenger-class Servant able to be summoned by the Protagonist in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order.
Avenger's True Name is Edmond Dantès (エドモン・ダンテス, Edomon Dantesu), known popularly as The Count of Monte Cristo (モンテ・クリスト伯, Monte Kurisuto-haku) and the King of the Cavern (巌窟王, Gankutsuō). Treated as a literary creation by Alexandre Dumas, he came to be known as the individual who "possesses the world's greatest popularity as a revenger." Living as a seaman in Marseille, he was torn away from his love Mercédès after being imprisoned in the hellish Château d'If on a false charge derived from an unscrupulous conspiracy. Through possessing a mind of steel, he did not fall into despair during his imprisonment and met the similarly imprisoned Abbe Faria, who guided Edmond and was later confirmed in modern times to have really existed.
After escaping his prison, he obtained the treasure of Monte Cristo island, learned that his love and covetous affection towards Mercédès had been trampled upon and snatched away from him, and began a tragic revenge plot while concealing his identity. He soon came through Paris while dragging those who deceived him, now leading figures reigning over France, into hell. At the end of his journey, he was reformed through his anguish and regret, leaving with his mistress Haydee. Through his stern way of life, tragic revenge, his trampled love towards Mercédès, and his journey of reform, he has been applauded by the people, from not only France but worldwide, and remembered as "the most famous revenger in the world".
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B, likely 7-A with Enfer Château D'If
Name: Avenger, Edmond Dantès, "King of the Cavern", "The Count of Monte Cristo"
Origin: Fate/Grand Order
Classification: Avenger-Class Servant, Heroic Spirit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Energy Blasts, Magic, Flight, Curse Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Lightning Manipulation, Afterimage/Duplication, Mind Manipulation (Can provoke others into attacking each other through the pent up grudges in his vicinity), Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Poison Manipulation, Can eliminate his own sense of pain, Can obscure his identity, abilities, and powers from those looking for information about him, Naturally gains vast amounts of wealth without effort, Can gradually replenish his own mana, Can move outside of time and space and escape virtually any prison with Enfer Château d'If, Soul Manipulation (Can destroy souls with his flames by burning them, like all Servants he can absorb souls to replenish his magical energy)
Attack Potency: At least City level via power-scaling (Defeated Roa, As a combat-ready Servant, he should be at least as strong as Archer), likely Mountain level with Enfer Château D'If (As an A rank Anti Army/Unit Noble Phantasm it should be comparable to Hector's Durindana), also Monte Cristo Mythologie ignores conventional durability
Speed: Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed via power-scaling (Has C-Rank agility, making him comparable to Archer), Immeasurable with Enfer Château d'If (Stated to be able to escape and move outside of abstract prisons like time and space)
Lifting Strength: Unknown. At least Superhuman (Even the weakest Servant is stronger than the strongest human)
Striking Strength: At least Mountain Class
Stamina: Virtually tireless for as long as he has sufficient mana
Range: Several meters with his tendrils, Several dozen meters with energy blasts
Standard Equipment: A cloak which turns into a dark tendril that he can use to slash foes
Intelligence: As the renowned Count of Monte Cristo, Edmond is a master of subterfuge and revenge plots, having orchestrated the events that led to the downfall of those who ruined his life and trampled upon his marriage. His renown for his escape of the Château d'If has been sublimated in his ability to escape the confines of any prison, including space and time, allowing him to make leaps through time and space to execute devastating hit and run maneuvers before vanishing back to safety.
Weaknesses: Edmond dislikes being Avenger and laments his existence as one who is always seeking revenge compared to the original who found peace in his love with Haydee, Has lowered resistance to Status Effects
- Enfer Château d'If: Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright (アンフェル・シャトー・ディフ: 虎よ、煌々と燃え盛れ, Anferu Shatō Difu: Tora yo, Kōkō to Moesakare): An A-Rank Anti-Unit/Army Noble Phantasm that represents Edmond Dantès' iron will, cultivated while imprisoned within the Château d'If, sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. Not even mentioning his body, Avenger is able to escape from even "abstract prisons such as time and space." Through performing super high-speed thinking that should have been impossible for a human and to forcibly reflect that on his body, subjectively realizes a super high-speed action that makes seems like a "time halt" is being employed. The speed of such high-speed movement makes the attacks take the form of a "simultaneous multi-attack" from many different "offshoots" of Avenger. The flames of grudge materialized by mana are released from multiple afterimages, dealing damage to the target.
- Monte Cristo Mythologie: The King of the Cavern (モンテ・クリスト・ミトロジー: 巌窟王, Monte Kurisuto Mitorojī: Gankutsuō): A Noble Phantasm that represents Edmond Dantès' way of life, acting as the incarnation of revenge, sublimated into a Noble Phantasm through his manifestation as an Avenger. As he did not fit under any other sort of class, his body that manifested as Avenger was converted into a Noble Phantasm. It allows him to attack by projecting his magical energy as a poisonous flame as well as numerous energy bolts. His body is immune to all sorts of poisons and mental interference effects. It also allows him to conceal his parameters and class, displaying false information to others. It is a continuously-active-type-Noble Phantasm, but it also has an effect when releasing its True Name, causing those in his vicinity to be provoked into attacking each other through the pent up grudges in the area as well as their own minds. This Noble Phantasm is tied to the fourteen relics of the treasure of Monte Cristo that has the power to remake a person, a legend hidden in the mountain of Christ that represents the despair of those without God, the flames of hell, and the void. It is a power equal to that from the Age of Gods which forces a special Magic Circuit and Magic Crest into the user. By turning into a black flame that surrounds the user, it creates fire that are even able to break magical barriers and burn souls, as Michael Roa Valdamjong had found out while fighting the Count of Monte Cristo, his vampire's regeneration and even his reincarnation abilities being nullified by this Noble Phantasm.
- Attendre, Espérer: Wait, and Hope (アトンドラ・エスペリエ: 待て、しかして希望せよ, Atondora, Esuperie: Mate, Shikashite Kibō Seyo): Dantes' final Noble Phantasm and one that only activates when he is on the brink of death. It restores him back to peak fighting strength and temporarily boosts all of his parameters.
- Avenger (復讐者, Fukushū-sha): A Class Skill that marks Edmond as an Avenger. As a result, he's more easily seen as an enemy by those around him, but the resulting enmity strengthens him due to his Class Vessel.
- Oblivion Correction (忘却補正, Bōkyaku hosei): A Class Skill that increases the damage Edmond deals whenever he strikes his foe's weak points with his attacks from Oblivion.
- Self Recovery (Mana) (自己回復 (魔力), Jiko kaifuku (Maryoku)): A Class Skill that allows Avenger to autonomously replenish his mana reserves overtime for as long as his grudge has yet to be fulfilled.
- Determination of Steel (鋼鉄の決意, Kōtetsu no ketsui): Edmond's sheer force of will allows him to completely ignore the feeling of pain and grants him the ability to endure the blistering speeds at which he travels. It combines the effects of the "Bravery" and "Calm and Collected" skills, granting further resistance to mental interference while allowing him to maintain his composure no matter what circumstances he finds himself in.
- Golden Rule (黄金律, Ōgon-Ritsu): Throughout history and mythology, individuals destined to amass vast fortunes and treasure are identified as possessing Golden Rule. Due to becoming the richest man in the world during the events of his story, Edmond has an A-Rank in this skill, meaning that he will always have enough money to buy whatever he needs.
- Wisdom of Predicament (窮地の智慧, Kyūchi no chie): Edmond is a Heroic Spirit renowned for his incredible flight from an inescapable prison through his own luck and Faria's teachings. This manifests in his ability to use the Item Creation skill with B-Rank Proficiency, granting him the ability to produce magical devices to aid his escapes and aid him in combat.