|“||Please gentlemen, let me borrow your hands. Everyone's convenient villain has entered the stage, so let's us please give him a magnificent welcoming--- or so, ehehehehehe!||„|
Avenger (アヴェンジャー, Avenjā) is the Avenger-class Servant of the Einzbern Master in the Third Holy Grail War. He is an abnormal Servant that is not part of the regular seven classes, whose true identity is Angra Mainyu (アンリマユ, Anrimayu).
While he was not actually the evil god of Zoroastrianism, his defeat in the Third War corrupted the Grail, turning it into the equivalent of All the World's Evils. This manifestation attempts to be born through the Holy Grail, and acts as the Servant of Sakura Matou in the Fifth Holy Grail War of the Heaven's Feel route of Fate/stay night. He acts as the Servant of Bazett Fraga McRemitz in place of Lancer in the four day loop of Fate/hollow ataraxia.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 9-B normally. Unknown against humans. | Unknown
Name: Avenger (Angra Mainyu)
Origin: Fate/Stay Night
Classification: Servant, Heroic Spirit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, can create a four-day time loop, can reflect pain dealt to himself onto others, supernaturally skilled in killing humans, Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy) | Absorption, Mind Manipulation, Non-Corporeal, lacks a concept of death
Attack Potency: At least Wall level normally (Claims to be the weakest Servant, and has E-rank strength. However, even the weakest Servants are much stronger than humans). Unknown against humans (Although the weakest Servant otherwise, he is said to be the strongest when it comes to killing humans, on par in killing ability with Primate Murder and ORT, capable of killing even a hypothetical human stronger than any Heroic Spirit). | Unknown (Does not rely on physical power, instead absorbing its foes and destroying their minds. Said to be capable of overwhelming any Servant summoned by the Grail, and instantly shattered Lancer's runic barrier, which is capable of blocking great Noble Phantasms)
Speed: Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions (Avenger has A-rank agility and is capable of keeping up with other Servants)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman | Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Wall Class | Unknown
Durability: At least Street level | Unknown (The Shadow lacks a concept of death and is impervious to physical damage)
Range: Melee range.
Standard Equipment: Tawrich and Zarich, a pair of reverse grip knives primarily used for parrying.
Intelligence: Knows how to kill humans really well. Subpar at everything else.
Weaknesses: Avenger must remain alive and conscious to use Verg Avesta and it can only be used on a single target.
- Unlimited Raise Dead: Infinite Ruin: The four day time loop caused by Avenger's abilities.
- Shade Form/Manifestation: Angra Mainyu is capable of transforming into or manifesting a shadowy werewolf-like monster called a Shade.
- All the World's Evils: Cursed black mud that is a manifestation of Angra Mainyu after he is taken into the Greater Grail. It consumes, curses, or corrupts anything it comes into contact with. The cursed mud can "blacken" Servants that come into contact with it, giving them physical bodies and a limitless supply of magical energy, but turning them evil.
- Avenger (復讐者, Fukushū-sha): A class skill that marks Angra Mainyu as an Avenger. It presumably lowers his ability to resist status effects while allowing him to absorb the mana released from the damage he takes, allowing him to use his Noble Phantasm more frequently and effectively.
- Oblivion Correction (忘却補正, Bōkyaku hosei): A Class Skill that increases the damage Avenger deals whenever he strikes his foe's weak points.
- Self Replenishment (Magic) (自己回復 (魔力), Jiko kaifuku (maryoku)): A Class Skill that allows Avenger to autonomously replenish his mana reserves overtime.
Verg Avesta: False Copy of Inscribed Creation: A wound-sharing, primal curse, one of the simplest curses of retribution. It causes any damage taken by the user to also be dealt to the attacker by reflecting it directly on their soul. The ability causes no wounds to appear, but simply mirrors the pain associated with the wound onto the opponent. The damage will not heal until Avenger's wounds are healed or he succumbs to them.
The weakness in the ability is that it not only requires Avenger to be wounded, but he must also be alive and conscious, as he must consciously activate the ability by chanting its name. It can only focus on a single target, and it is useless against high-level attacks. The damage is also generally not a great problem for a Servant level opponent, as they can still hold up, while Avenger, who is far below the level of an average Servant, will quickly die from such wounds, and it can only be used once on the same target.
Key: Servant | The Shadow