Assassin (アサシン, Asashin) is the Assassin-class Servant able to be summoned by the Protagonist in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order.
Assassin's True Name is Stheno (ステンノ, Suten'no), the first daughter of the Gorgon Sisters, the older sister of Euryale and Medusa, who were goddesses born from the wishes of mankind for ideal idols, the embodiment of the yearning hearts of men. While she and Euryale were "Perfect Goddesses" (完成した女神, Kanseishita Megami), who would not age, Medusa had some kind of flaw that allowed her to grow. They should have been three united sisters, but this divide allowed them to become three separate individuals. While Medusa was different from the start, her existence also brought irregularities in the two who were still the same. Due to the jealously of Athena, Medusa was cursed, had the faith of her followers taken away, and was banished to the Shapeless Isle as a monster. She called Stheno and Euralye monsters because they would never grow old, but that was a lie to cover the fact that they were "perfected goddesses."
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 9-B, 7-C with Smile of the Stheno
Name: Assassin, Stheno, Unknown Girl, Snow-white Gothic Lolita duo (Alongside her sister Euryale)
Classification: Assassin Class Servant, Heroic Spirit, Gorgon Sister
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Supernatural luck, Immortality (Type 1), Magic, Magic Resistance, Can conceal her presence, Immune to Mental Interference, Can suck the blood of her opponent, Soul Manipulation (All Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy), Regeneration (Mid-Low; All Servants have basic regenerative abilities)
Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Has E rank strength. However, even the weakest Servants are much stronger than humans), Town level with Smile of the Stheno (Her Noble Phantasm also has a chance of charming if used on males)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic via power-scaling
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman (Even the weakest Servant is stronger than the strongest human)
Striking Strength: At least Wall Class
Durability: At least Superhuman (Immortality and Blood-sucking that allows her to recover health and physical strength, makes her difficult to kill)
Stamina: Tireless for as long as she has sufficient prana
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Due to being secluded on an island for most of her life and being protected by Medusa, Stheno lacks proper combat experience. She is more sturdy as a Servant and can presumably hold her own long enough for help to arrive despite being called one of the weakest beings in the world.
Weaknesses: Stheno lacks battle experience and is overall unsuited for combat
- Smile of the Stheno: Goddess's Smile (スマイル・オブ・ザ・ステンノ: 女神の微笑, Sumairu obu za Suten'no: Megami no Bishō): is the Noble Phantasm of Stheno. The very allure of the goddess which could enslave any warrior with a single blow, sublimated as a Noble Phantasm. Regardless of whether you were a hardened brave or an incorruptible gentleman, as long as you were a man, you would be slayed (metaphorically) by her. It is the most powerful of whispers, filled with expressions of love. Her faint melancholic gaze turning to blades, her mellifluous voice dripping with poison. And after that comes the killing blow - as though dropping all pretenses, she strikes an adorable pose. Making a heart symbol with her fingers - a perfect finish!
- Presence Concealment (気配遮断, Kehai Shadan, localized as "Obfuscation"): is the capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. It is a common skill to the Assassin class. Due to Stheno A+ Rank, it is possible for her to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected. However, efficiency will decrease once preparations to attack are taken.
- Goddesses Divine Core (女神の神核 , Megami no kami kaku): is a skill that express being a perfected goddess from birth. It is a composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels mental interference and prevents the body from changes and growth.
- Magic Resistance (対魔力, Tai-Maryoku, localized as "Anti-Magic"): grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Thanks to Stheno A Rank, she is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".
- Blood-Sucking (吸血, Kyūketsu) is the act of absorbing anothers blood to replenish their own health and physical strength. As the Rank raises, the power of absorption increase. Due to her love for sucking blood, she can recovery physical strength by bathing in blood.
- Alluring Nightingale (魅惑の美声, Miwaku no Bisei): is a mesmerizing-kind of Skill possessed by those with a beautiful and a alluring voice that charms people; it is also a declaration of exercise of power by the royalty.
- Goddess's Whim (女神のきまぐれ, Megami no kimagure) Due to her being a goddess, her very nature manifests as a skill. It bestows several varied effects, but they are not necessarily limited to beneficial things. Bloodsucking recovers mana by a very large amount if she's drinking blood from Medusa.