Ash Crimson (アッシュ・クリムゾン, Asshu Kurimuzon) is the protagonist of the Ash Saga. His first appearance was in The King of Fighters 2003 as the leader of the New Hero Team. His motives for entering are to take the powers of the descendants of the clans who sealed Orochi away 1,800 years ago (Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami and Chizuru Kagura). He has succeeded thus far, leaving Kyo as the last power he needs.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-A | At least High 7-A | 6-C
Name: Ash Crimson, The Sneering Blaze, "Evil Ash"
Origin: King of Fighters
Age: Presumably 19 years old in KoF XIII
Classification: Descendant of Saiki
Attack Potency: At least Mountain level (Is able to fight the likes of Kyo and Iori) | At least Large Mountain level (Is boosted by the stolen powers of Chizuru and Iori) | Island level (Possesses the combined powers of Awakened Saiki, Iori, Chizuru and himself)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman | Class 1 | Class 5
Striking Strength: At least Mountain Class | At least Large Mountain Class | Island Class
Durability: At least Mountain level | At least Large Mountain level | Island level (More durable than Awakened Saiki)
Stamina: High | Very high
Range: Standard melee range. Hundreds of meters with use of flames. Tens of kilometers with Fiery Zone.
Standard Equipment: None notable | The Yata Mirror and the Yasakani Jewel
Intelligence: Cunning, knows how to get people to do his bidding, always waits for the right opportunity to strike.
Weaknesses: Absorbing powers he doesn't fully understand can backfire on him | Not fully himself as Evil Ash, as he shares his consciousness with Saiki.
- Thermidor: Ash shoots a fireball that moves slowly towards his opponent.
- Pluviôse: Ash does several somersault kicks embedded with his flames.
- Sans-culotte: Ash's own version of Chizuru's sealing technique, stops people from using any form of special attacks or their own powers.
- Fructidor: Ash grabs his opponent and burns him with the use of Iori's purple flames, similar to the technique Iori used to restrain Orochi.
- Power Steal: Ash can rob people of their of powers and add them to his own.
- Fiery Zone: Evil Ash can fill the area around him with damaging dark fire.
Key: Base | With Sacred Treasures | Evil Ash
Note: Evil Ash is a form acquired after he steals Saiki's powers, the main differences between this and his previous state is the fact that he is sorrounded by a visible dark aura, his flames are now black instead of green and his consciousness is split between Saiki and himself.